or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Family Planning › TTC in 2007 - Babes in waiting...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

TTC in 2007 - Babes in waiting... - Page 16

post #301 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsGirl View Post
Hey girls. It's been a while since I stopped by here and I'm glad some of us have started trying and already succeded! We'll be waiting till Nov/Dec. I'd love to start soon but it won't make sense until then for us. Right now I'm still just enjoying being with my wife and having a good last kid-free year. We leave for our first cruise in two weeks. So exited!
OOOO! A cruise, fun!!!
post #302 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by denovagirl View Post
OOOO! A cruise, fun!!!
Haha, just thought I'd add...when my MIL got married her hubby asked her if she would rather go on a cruise or have a baby....9 mons later my sweet DH came along....heehee...always thought that was funny
post #303 of 455
Hello everyone! My hubby and I just decided to begin TTC in Fall 2007. We are very excited. So this is me breaking out of lurkdom. This place has been such a great resource to me already.
post #304 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrodjm View Post
Hello everyone! My hubby and I just decided to begin TTC in Fall 2007. We are very excited. So this is me breaking out of lurkdom. This place has been such a great resource to me already.
Congrats and welcome aboard. I know exactly what you mean. I love this place!
post #305 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrodjm View Post
Hello everyone! My hubby and I just decided to begin TTC in Fall 2007. We are very excited. So this is me breaking out of lurkdom. This place has been such a great resource to me already.
Yay!!! Welcome!!! Glad to have you here, as always, hope your stay is short and sweet!
post #306 of 455
I started a dedicated thread in the weight loss forum for those who are trying to lose weight BEFORE they start TTC. I know some of you are in the same boat as I am and I thought it would be nice to have it's own thread.

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=651657
post #307 of 455
Thread Starter 
Burtsgirl~ I will have to come check out your thread! I recently started being good (just yesterday). I am trying really hard and hope to add in some walking soon!

So, I have been in a really rotten place lately (mentally, not physically). I was really hoping to ttc #3 in August of this year, but I don't know if this is going to work out as I had planned!! Many of you know that we are in the process of building a new house. This is a VERY draining process and me and my hubby have been at each others throats lately. He is at the house every day and that goodness because he has caught many things that might have gotten missed.

Anyways, every time we turn around there is an extra cost for something, plus we ended up having to pay out on taxes this year. I am just worried that with the added expenses, plus the new house mortgage which will be $600-$800 more than our prior mortgage he will decide that we can't afford another child. I know that I will have to continue to work and with daycare costs so high, I am sure money would be tight with the house and daycare (my other two are out of daycare).

I haven't brought up the baby topic to him recently as I don't think it's the right time, but I really want to know if we will be able to try this August. I am really hoping to conceive in July/August for a late spring/early summer baby. He had previously said no more kiddos, but early in December he changed his tune and said "maybe" after the house was done and depending on how in debt we were. He did say he had been seriously considering it. Now I am afraid he will change his mind and say absolutely not. Even before we started building... I told him if I had to choose a house or another child, then I would choose the child.

So... I am just venting as I have been feeling a little sad about this. Obviously, now is not the time to talk about this since he's under so much stress with the house. We are hoping that the house will be done in June... so maybe this will give things a bit to cool off and get into a groove.

Thanks for listening!
post #308 of 455
Fantesia28, I'm right there with you so I know just how you feel. Just yesterday I told the bank we need to extend the construction loan for another six months. Then I realized that will take it to November. I had really hoped to start TTC in June but that would just be far too early and somtimes I wonder if having a child at all is the right thing to do. That's why I have not been around here much. : I just have not idea what I'm doing. And I understand the increasing expenses. Out tractor is broken and DH tried fixing it last week, and it's still broken. Now instead of fixing what he knows is broken he wants to just buy another. : I just don' twant to spend that much. We could pay someone to do the work and it would cost much less than what he's looking at. I hope your DH does not change his mind. Maybe once everything settles he'll still feel the same. Good luck!
post #309 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantesia28 View Post
Burtsgirl~ I will have to come check out your thread! I recently started being good (just yesterday). I am trying really hard and hope to add in some walking soon!

So, I have been in a really rotten place lately (mentally, not physically). I was really hoping to ttc #3 in August of this year, but I don't know if this is going to work out as I had planned!! Many of you know that we are in the process of building a new house. This is a VERY draining process and me and my hubby have been at each others throats lately. He is at the house every day and that goodness because he has caught many things that might have gotten missed.

Anyways, every time we turn around there is an extra cost for something, plus we ended up having to pay out on taxes this year. I am just worried that with the added expenses, plus the new house mortgage which will be $600-$800 more than our prior mortgage he will decide that we can't afford another child. I know that I will have to continue to work and with daycare costs so high, I am sure money would be tight with the house and daycare (my other two are out of daycare).

I haven't brought up the baby topic to him recently as I don't think it's the right time, but I really want to know if we will be able to try this August. I am really hoping to conceive in July/August for a late spring/early summer baby. He had previously said no more kiddos, but early in December he changed his tune and said "maybe" after the house was done and depending on how in debt we were. He did say he had been seriously considering it. Now I am afraid he will change his mind and say absolutely not. Even before we started building... I told him if I had to choose a house or another child, then I would choose the child.

So... I am just venting as I have been feeling a little sad about this. Obviously, now is not the time to talk about this since he's under so much stress with the house. We are hoping that the house will be done in June... so maybe this will give things a bit to cool off and get into a groove.

Thanks for listening!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wateraddict View Post
Fantasia28, I'm right there with you so I know just how you feel. Just yesterday I told the bank we need to extend the construction loan for another six months. Then I realized that will take it to November. I had really hoped to start TTC in June but that would just be far too early and somtimes I wonder if having a child at all is the right thing to do. That's why I have not been around here much. : I just have not idea what I'm doing. And I understand the increasing expenses. Out tractor is broken and DH tried fixing it last week, and it's still broken. Now instead of fixing what he knows is broken he wants to just buy another. : I just don' twant to spend that much. We could pay someone to do the work and it would cost much less than what he's looking at. I hope your DH does not change his mind. Maybe once everything settles he'll still feel the same. Good luck!

Youll both be in my thoughts and prayers!
post #310 of 455
wateraddict and fantesia28,

Yes, building a house *always ALWAYS* takes much longer than they originally tell you. Also there are always going to be extra costs in the end. DH and I ended up having to hand over an extra 20K to the builder for our house when it was finished. The house was supposed to be done in 9 months and it took over a year and a half. The mistake we made was to get pg *during* the construction. It was supposed to be done in August and we figured that no matter what it would be done by October/November.....giving of plenty of time before the baby would be born. WRONG! The house was not finished until March and my baby was born the beginning of Feb. I had a homebirth as well. I simply told the builder I was moving in before the house was done and he would have to work around me.....which is exactly what happened. Talk about stressful! I would never ever want to do that again. Be glad neither one of you is actually pg right now and having to deal with it all. I did that....not fun.
post #311 of 455
wateraddict and fantesia28 - you guys hang in there.
post #312 of 455
wateraddict and fantesia28 you're in my thoughts. It can get really hard when you're torn between different priorities, can't it? I really wish money never had to be a consideration!
post #313 of 455
Thanks you ladies. Sometimes these emotions really get the best of me It's like I go through these mini ups and downs in a day some days. I've been off BPC for 13 months now (after being on it for 12 years) and I swear I'm still getting used to having hormones again.
post #314 of 455
Well it's getting close to time to test. : I doubt I am pregnant from our accident-on-purpose but I have been feeling a little "off" lately--a little nauseated, and starting this morning CRAZY pain when ds nurses. But ds also had rotavirus last week so I could have picked up a little bug from him that's making me feel ill, and as for the nipple pain, who knows. I think I'm on day 20 right now.

I can't believe that if I'm not pregnant this cycle that it's actually our time to start next cycle!!
post #315 of 455
Keep us posted Strawberry! We were supposed to TTC together. I may not be starting TTC when originally planned either. DH just accepted a new job (pretty sure it's a done deal) and that means for the month of May we won't have health insurance. I'll have to reschedule my GYN appt for after May. That's fine with me cause May came too fast!
post #316 of 455
Good luck Strawberry! Let us know what the test says!

<~~~On the edge of her seat.
post #317 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleine Hexe View Post
Keep us posted Strawberry! We were supposed to TTC together.
I know! So much for having a May baby this time I'm not in a hurry to test this time because I really don't think I'm pregnant, but the nipple soreness has me : It feels like ds' mouth is made of sandpaper, yikes!

May really did sneak up on me--I can't believe it is next cycle. On one hand I'm eager to get a BFP right away but on the other hand I am only starting to TTC this early because I don't know how long it will take...I did really want a May-ish baby this time around, and if I get a BFP in May it will be a late Jan/early Feb baby...aargh...
post #318 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsGirl View Post
Good luck Strawberry! Let us know what the test says!

<~~~On the edge of her seat.
\

Will do! Not sure when I am going to go and get a test--I have to get out and buy one. I guess I can see it going either way--(TMI alert) we DTD on CD10 but I had transitional ferning on my saliva monitor that day and the day before...but no EWCM until day 14 and it's day 21 and I've had EWCM ever since!! Weird!!

I'm such a goober. So much for waiting Darn baby showers! Got me all worked up to have another little one. The good news is if we have a winter baby--whether I'm preggo now or whether we get pregnant soon after we start "officially" trying--we can reuse all of ds' stuff since he was originally due Dec 8th.
post #319 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberryFields View Post
\

Darn baby showers! Got me all worked up to have another little one.
Blah...I just attended one myself..it sucked...I wanted it to be me sooo bad
post #320 of 455
Well I tested on day 26 of my cycle and got a BFN! A little disappointed since I'm ready to be pregnant but relieved too because I don't want a Christmas baby if I can avoid it.

I know I was hoping to get pregnant during my August-ish cycle to have a May baby but I just realized yesterday that having a newborn in May would probably NOT be the best because it's the start of gardening season!! We keep a large vegetable garden for freezing and canning and we are starting a large strawberry patch this year as well. HELLO! Who wants to be digging in the dirt on Memorial Day a week postpartum??? With a newborn slung on their back? Maybe late winter/early spring would be better.

So this is it! Today is day 29 of my cycle so AF should appear any day and I'll be moving out of this thread and officially TTC! I realized on this practice cycle that I am not disciplined enough to follow a Shettles cut-off so I think I'm just going to take my Cal/Mag and Cranberry and forget about timing and saliva monitors and such.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Family Planning
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Family Planning › TTC in 2007 - Babes in waiting...