Originally Posted by Indigomama
Everything in this world is toxic and poisonous in the appropriate amounts
Obviously, I still drink water.
while belladonna CAN be fatal and is also an extremly powerful and disturbing disassociative/psychedelic if taken in the appropriate amounts, its so distilled in homeopathic remedies that a baby could eat the whole bottle of teething tablets and still not have any ill effects from it. as someone has already pointed it out it is also a powerful antispasmodic (some commercial perscription medications are actually made from one of the alkaloids, hyoscyamine) and in mideval times women used belladonna eyedrops for the dialating effect as it made thier pupils large and glassy which apparently was pretty hot stuff back then.