or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Talk Amongst Ourselves › Spirituality › Ever met an angel?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ever met an angel? - Page 2

post #21 of 54
Don't feel comfortable having my story out there 'forever'. To personal.
post #22 of 54
Heather, ppl who have crossed over bring us messages all the time. What you experienced is not crazy, it is real, and wonderful
post #23 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by charmarty View Post
Heather, ppl who have crossed over bring us messages all the time. What you experienced is not crazy, it is real, and wonderful
Thanks for the . The thing is, I don't know who the person was that I spoke with, but I don't think it was the friend that had just died. I feel like it was someone 'bigger' (for lack of a better word).
post #24 of 54
Thread Starter 
Ok - one more thing to mention on this topic. I posted about one or two of my experiences - I have had others. And with all of these experiences - the really strange part is that immediately after, I have this sense like whatever happened is not remarkable - so I have no urge to tell anyone or talk about it. Its not until weeks or months later that I thought again about what transpired and had the ah-ha moment of - "WOW - why didn't I tell DH about that? or my friends?"

I find that really odd. While the event is happening I am awed by it. But immediately after I have a sense of normalcy - like nothing remarkable happened -- and then way later I am wowed and tell people.

Anyone else have that phenomenon?
post #25 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by charmarty View Post
Eli, there are Earth Angels but your sister is more an Earth Elemental.

Does she like Fairies?
I texted her to ask and she says:

Quote:
Yeah I do. They're very pretty. What a weird question.


Have any of you ever read the 'Tao of Pooh'? She is Pooh- the uncarved block. Simple (not dumb- simplistic). Things just 'happen' for her and she never worries about them.
post #26 of 54
SO normally I don't recount this experience because it is so painful. But I think I can look at it now from a frame of gratitude and, yes, a visit from an angel even tho at the time I'd never believe it.

The days after DD was born we were both in critical condition. Emergency c b/c she lost 60% of her blood supply when my fibroids (the largest a SOCCER ball) interfered with her blood supply at 37 wks. She was in the NICU rec'ing mutiple transfusions. I hadn't even met her yet except to hear her beautiful, fragile cry in the operating room and give her a quick kiss before she was whisked away.

To say I was frightened was an understatement. I was rushed to ICU because of uncontrollable hemorraging and BP of 220/130 even though I had never had HBP throughout pregnancy. I was seizing intermitently - delerium followed by fear followed by more delerium.

Anyway, this went on for a couple days. I was pumped full of drugs and kept asking, pleading to see my daughter. She was too fragile to be brought to me - and I thought she would die without me ever holding her. They told me I was in no shape to get out of bed and that I'd have to wait until I was stronger. One nurse tried to get me up but the pain was so bad I would pass out and/or have to stop. She took my catheter out and told me it would 'compel' me to get up. Not really a nice lady, if you get my picture.

So, one night, in the dead middle of the night, a nurse I'd never seen before came to visit me. She was a warm, older, round black woman - so astonishingly kind and soft-spoken and called me 'honey' with the same inflection my grandmother used to. She told me she was going to show me how to get up without pain because my daughter needed me. She very carefully guided me through the steps of getting myself out of bed - verbally - I realize now she never touched me!

It was like she knew where my pain was. I lied on a specific spot on my side, propped with my elbow, used my knees and hands and managed to get up with minimal (relative) pain.

That morning I sat up in bed using the same technique. It took about 5 mins, but DH and the nurses were amazed.

I told them the night-nurse taught me, but my description didn't match the nurse on duty. It didn't match any nurse on the floor!

They tried to get me to lie back down, but I walked - used the toilet - and then got into a wheelchair. DH wheeled me to the NICU verrrry slowly to avoid painful bumps - and I held DD in my arms and nursed her. The great part? To see her heartbeat and BP on the monitor slow and even out as she snuggled into me!

From that point on, we were both steadily better...

So... thank you. Thank you my night-nurse angel, my grandma, whoever or whatever you are. You saved us.
post #27 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by darwinphish View Post
SO normally I don't recount this experience because it is so painful. But I think I can look at it now from a frame of gratitude and, yes, a visit from an angel even tho at the time I'd never believe it.

The days after DD was born we were both in critical condition. Emergency c b/c she lost 60% of her blood supply when my fibroids (the largest a SOCCER ball) interfered with her blood supply at 37 wks. She was in the NICU rec'ing mutiple transfusions. I hadn't even met her yet except to hear her beautiful, fragile cry in the operating room and give her a quick kiss before she was whisked away.

To say I was frightened was an understatement. I was rushed to ICU because of uncontrollable hemorraging and BP of 220/130 even though I had never had HBP throughout pregnancy. I was seizing intermitently - delerium followed by fear followed by more delerium.

Anyway, this went on for a couple days. I was pumped full of drugs and kept asking, pleading to see my daughter. She was too fragile to be brought to me - and I thought she would die without me ever holding her. They told me I was in no shape to get out of bed and that I'd have to wait until I was stronger. One nurse tried to get me up but the pain was so bad I would pass out and/or have to stop. She took my catheter out and told me it would 'compel' me to get up. Not really a nice lady, if you get my picture.

So, one night, in the dead middle of the night, a nurse I'd never seen before came to visit me. She was a warm, older, round black woman - so astonishingly kind and soft-spoken and called me 'honey' with the same inflection my grandmother used to. She told me she was going to show me how to get up without pain because my daughter needed me. She very carefully guided me through the steps of getting myself out of bed - verbally - I realize now she never touched me!

It was like she knew where my pain was. I lied on a specific spot on my side, propped with my elbow, used my knees and hands and managed to get up with minimal (relative) pain.

That morning I sat up in bed using the same technique. It took about 5 mins, but DH and the nurses were amazed.

I told them the night-nurse taught me, but my description didn't match the nurse on duty. It didn't match any nurse on the floor!

They tried to get me to lie back down, but I walked - used the toilet - and then got into a wheelchair. DH wheeled me to the NICU verrrry slowly to avoid painful bumps - and I held DD in my arms and nursed her. The great part? To see her heartbeat and BP on the monitor slow and even out as she snuggled into me!

From that point on, we were both steadily better...

So... thank you. Thank you my night-nurse angel, my grandma, whoever or whatever you are. You saved us.


:

That is a great story.
post #28 of 54
These are truly beautiful stories...

I have one.

My Step-sister-in-Law took her own life in 2002. She was suffering terribly from schizophrenia, in and out of institutions, etc. She was so sick that even her own sister knew that this could not go on much longer. The day she took her own life she went to a shooting gallery/range and asked for the last carroll so that she wouldn't be near anyone in case the bullet didn't go where it was intended. She was not an avid or experienced shooter. She was a well-reknowned artist and professor in Atlanta, GA.

But the bullet made it's way into her head. They evacuated everyone in the range. When everyone was out the owner went back into the building to attend to my ssil. When he went in he found two elderly women dressed in their "Sunday" best, cradleing her head and soothing her as she made her way across. The owner yelled at these women that they need to be away from the body and outside. They just ignored him and kept on soothing her. He couldn't understand why they would not talk to him. So he went outside to get the police and get the ladies out, but when he came back they were gone. Nobody saw them come in or out.

All of my ssil's family are eternally grateful that she had someone there to comfort her considering all her family members were thousands of miles away. After hearing that story, I will never doubt the strength and the benevolence of "angels".
post #29 of 54
Quote:
she was a warm, older, round black woman - so astonishingly kind and soft-spoken and called me 'honey' with the same inflection my grandmother used to.
THAT caught my attention! It sounds EXACTLY like the woman that I dreamed about!!! How strange is that!

Quote:
When he went in he found two elderly women dressed in their "Sunday" best, cradleing her head and soothing her as she made her way across. The owner yelled at these women that they need to be away from the body and outside. They just ignored him and kept on soothing her. He couldn't understand why they would not talk to him. So he went outside to get the police and get the ladies out, but when he came back they were gone. Nobody saw them come in or out.
That has me bawling
post #30 of 54
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2crazykids View Post
These are truly beautiful stories...

I have one.

My Step-sister-in-Law took her own life in 2002. She was suffering terribly from schizophrenia, in and out of institutions, etc. She was so sick that even her own sister knew that this could not go on much longer. The day she took her own life she went to a shooting gallery/range and asked for the last carroll so that she wouldn't be near anyone in case the bullet didn't go where it was intended. She was not an avid or experienced shooter. She was a well-reknowned artist and professor in Atlanta, GA.

But the bullet made it's way into her head. They evacuated everyone in the range. When everyone was out the owner went back into the building to attend to my ssil. When he went in he found two elderly women dressed in their "Sunday" best, cradleing her head and soothing her as she made her way across. The owner yelled at these women that they need to be away from the body and outside. They just ignored him and kept on soothing her. He couldn't understand why they would not talk to him. So he went outside to get the police and get the ladies out, but when he came back they were gone. Nobody saw them come in or out.

All of my ssil's family are eternally grateful that she had someone there to comfort her considering all her family members were thousands of miles away. After hearing that story, I will never doubt the strength and the benevolence of "angels".

That is a lovely story . . . thank you for sharing.
post #31 of 54
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by darwinphish View Post
SO normally I don't recount this experience because it is so painful. But I think I can look at it now from a frame of gratitude and, yes, a visit from an angel even tho at the time I'd never believe it.

The days after DD was born we were both in critical condition. Emergency c b/c she lost 60% of her blood supply when my fibroids (the largest a SOCCER ball) interfered with her blood supply at 37 wks. She was in the NICU rec'ing mutiple transfusions. I hadn't even met her yet except to hear her beautiful, fragile cry in the operating room and give her a quick kiss before she was whisked away.

To say I was frightened was an understatement. I was rushed to ICU because of uncontrollable hemorraging and BP of 220/130 even though I had never had HBP throughout pregnancy. I was seizing intermitently - delerium followed by fear followed by more delerium.

Anyway, this went on for a couple days. I was pumped full of drugs and kept asking, pleading to see my daughter. She was too fragile to be brought to me - and I thought she would die without me ever holding her. They told me I was in no shape to get out of bed and that I'd have to wait until I was stronger. One nurse tried to get me up but the pain was so bad I would pass out and/or have to stop. She took my catheter out and told me it would 'compel' me to get up. Not really a nice lady, if you get my picture.

So, one night, in the dead middle of the night, a nurse I'd never seen before came to visit me. She was a warm, older, round black woman - so astonishingly kind and soft-spoken and called me 'honey' with the same inflection my grandmother used to. She told me she was going to show me how to get up without pain because my daughter needed me. She very carefully guided me through the steps of getting myself out of bed - verbally - I realize now she never touched me!

It was like she knew where my pain was. I lied on a specific spot on my side, propped with my elbow, used my knees and hands and managed to get up with minimal (relative) pain.

That morning I sat up in bed using the same technique. It took about 5 mins, but DH and the nurses were amazed.

I told them the night-nurse taught me, but my description didn't match the nurse on duty. It didn't match any nurse on the floor!

They tried to get me to lie back down, but I walked - used the toilet - and then got into a wheelchair. DH wheeled me to the NICU verrrry slowly to avoid painful bumps - and I held DD in my arms and nursed her. The great part? To see her heartbeat and BP on the monitor slow and even out as she snuggled into me!

From that point on, we were both steadily better...

So... thank you. Thank you my night-nurse angel, my grandma, whoever or whatever you are. You saved us.
What a great story. Thank you for sharing it.
post #32 of 54
oh darwinphish that reminds me of something!

my dd birth was long and arduous. not life threatening but full of emotional toil.

when it was said and done and they were transferring me to the post partum floor the nurse that came to get me was Ruby - my grandmother's name.

Nurse Ruby handed me off to a nurse named Carol - my aunt, and my grandmother Ruby's daughter's name.

Nurse Carol handed me off to a nurse named Catherine - my aunt Carol's daughter's name.

So it was an angelic/surreal experience....that I would be in the hands of three women, in sequential order, with the same names as important women in my family. Odd.
post #33 of 54
I too "saw" dd in a dream before she was born, and she told me what to name her. She was a little girl about three, dressed in a tutu. She was jumping around and said to me, "I'm Olivia and I'm your little girl." I woke up dh and said "How about Olivia?" He said,"Yes, that's it!"
i semi-disregarded the dream because I was so sure that she was a he!
post #34 of 54
Quote:
oh darwinphish that reminds me of something!

my dd birth was long and arduous. not life threatening but full of emotional toil.

when it was said and done and they were transferring me to the post partum floor the nurse that came to get me was Ruby - my grandmother's name.

Nurse Ruby handed me off to a nurse named Carol - my aunt, and my grandmother Ruby's daughter's name.

Nurse Carol handed me off to a nurse named Catherine - my aunt Carol's daughter's name.

So it was an angelic/surreal experience....that I would be in the hands of three women, in sequential order, with the same names as important women in my family. Odd.
Oh that is AWSOME!! Someone up there was trying to show you that you guys are protected and being watched over
post #35 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2crazykids View Post

All of my ssil's family are eternally grateful that she had someone there to comfort her considering all her family members were thousands of miles away. After hearing that story, I will never doubt the strength and the benevolence of "angels".
This story gives me chills. The kind of chills I get when God is telling me to pay attention. What comfort this gives me. I know of four people who have taken their own lives and it gives me so much hope to think that there might have been angels for them too. God is so merciful
post #36 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhotmama View Post
This story gives me chills. The kind of chills I get when God is telling me to pay attention. What comfort this gives me. I know of four people who have taken their own lives and it gives me so much hope to think that there might have been angels for them too. God is so merciful
I know! It's wild right? The owner made a special point of contacting her family directly to relay the story and he also spoke at her service so he could tell the story of the angels to everyone. It was a life-altering experience for him too! For so many who take their own lives the amount of pain they bear was intolerable...I am sure God or gods (or the Godess) can understand and be merciful.
post #37 of 54
Yep, I've been visited by an angel several times and it was the same one each time.

Back in the day, Kindergarten classes used to allow 4 year olds. I was the youngest kid in my class, my 5th birthday not coming until the end of the school year.

I used to walk to school and it was simple route. Straight up from our apartment 7 blocks and then a left turn at the corner 2 blocks.

One day I was walking alone and I became aware of man following me. Each time I looked back he was a little closer and was taking care not to be seen. He'd step back behind the hedges when I turned around but I knew he was there. He was behind me trying to talk to me when I became aware of a young girl standing smack in the middle of the sidewalk in a nightie. She smiled at me and said "where have you been? I've been waiting for you!" and I was confused because I had no idea who she was. I figured I was safer with her than I was with the man who had been following me. She took my hand and led me into her house. I waited there for her and she eventually walked me to school.

I remember seeing her a few more times over the years. It was always when I was in crowded or busy place and I'd look at a crowd of people and see her smiling at me and then the crowd of people would shift and she'd be gone.

One day (after I was a mom) I was at a deli counter paying when a woman with long hair leaned in, squeezed my shoulders and said "I'm so proud of you! You've done so well!" and I looked right into her face and immediately recongnized her. When these encounters happen, I am always in a situation where there is lots of talk and activity or I'm trying to concentrate on something. I think she does it on purpose so I don't have the opportunity to question her
post #38 of 54
These stories are great. They're making me cry

A year and a bit ago I had a mystical experience. That night, my H and I had been at his Christmas party. Things had been a little rocky between us, and at the party, I met this girl he had been talking about a lot. I was really jealous, but thought I was imagining it because of my own insecurity issues. I left the party about midnight, and H stayed. As I lay in bed, unable to sleep with a stone in my stomach, I heard bells. Then I saw a light in my mind's eye and felt myself be drawn up into it in a rush. I felt enormous love and support in the light (all the while my rational brain saying this is weird, am I dying?) And when I was gently set down in my bed, for a second I felt a great sense of peace, and then like a tidal wave, panic rushed through my body. Because I knew something so bad was going to happen that I needed all my saints and angels and guardians to protect me and help me through it.

A couple of months later, he slept with her. I believe it was this night that she decided she wanted him for herself. A few months after that I moved out (at 7 mo. pregnant, with my other son, 1 year old.)

Not long after that I went to a psychic who confirmed that yes, it was an angel visit. I learned that my Aunty Ruth (my auntie who raised me from birth to 5 years, and who died when I was 15, and my Grampy, were my angels/guides. (BTW, my auntie, who was the most proper, kind, lady-like person you can imagine called this other woman a "viper" )

A year to the day since I had my last angel visit, I had another one. I was sitting on my back steps, and I started to think of Grampy - and then he was there. I could feel his presence, and Aunty Ruth, as clearly as if they were sitting beside me, holding my hands, rubbing my back, talking and laughing with me. And I felt pure joy and love. A huge goofy grin stole across my face and I sat there bubbling and bursting with a perfect feeling of happiness. It was wonderful. A message of you're doing just fine, we're really proud of you, we love you.
post #39 of 54
Just wanted to say THANK YOU to TripMom for starting this thread. It has been so uplifting and wonderful to read these stories. And, on a personal note, it has somehow given me a peace I never had before with DD's birth. So, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Greenluv- that gave me major chills. Who do you think she is? Guardian angel?

Oh, and I also just wanted to relate another story about how we become angels ourselves in others' time of need. Looking back (was an atheist/rationalist at the time!) I really feel this was devine:

Walked into a restaurant and overheard a waitress pleading with her boss for a small advance - $64 - so she wouldn't be dropped from classes at the local college. Boss said he couldn't do it and she was in tears.

We go to a table in a far corner and she's our waitress - she never lets on how sad she is and is great with us. At the time, I was also a college student paying my own way, and I worked in service, getting tips - tho in a much more high-tipping job. Just got off work, in fact. So when we get the bill, I go into my wallet to pay her - from that night's tips. Well, I forget what the bill came to, but after paying I had - you guessed it - $64 left.

So I left it on the table. I almost hesitated, since this was the money I lived on. But I didn't need to worry. That month I got the most tips of my life - making, quite interestingly, $640 that week just in tips. And, I don't think she ever knew I overheard her conversation - meaning that a stranger just randomly left her the money she needed!
post #40 of 54
ok, but i have to add my story so....long story short...
last fall, after our infertility diagnosis and in the depths of the international adoption process, one of my close friends died suddenly. she had been very supportive of the adoption-was a reference and a witness for the homestudy, saving boy clothes for us from her son, etc.

anyway, she died on a friday and that monday we had a referral for our son-same name as her dh. So that thursday we sent in the final paperwork to accept him and then went on to her funeral. a week later we got a bfp. she definitely helped bring me my boys. it's incredible, i feel her presence every day, especially when dressing them in her son's clothes!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Spirituality
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Talk Amongst Ourselves › Spirituality › Ever met an angel?