or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Welcome to Mothering! › Site Help › spell check!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

spell check!

post #1 of 27
Thread Starter 
I've been begging for years for spell check. Thanks to whomever is responsible (maybe Cynthia?).
post #2 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_kass View Post
I've been begging for years for spell check. Thanks to whomever is responsible (maybe Cynthia?).
Where is spell check hiding? Is it an icon on the posting page? I want spell check. I'll pay anything for it.


Pat
post #3 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
Where is spell check hiding? Is it an icon on the posting page? I want spell check. I'll pay anything for it.


Pat
I don't see it anywhere *shrug*
post #4 of 27
If you have the most recent version of Firefox, spellcheck is built into it. It puts a red line under misspelled words and if you right click, it offers suggestions. Maybe that's what you are seeing?
post #5 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullofgrace View Post
If you have the most recent version of Firefox, spellcheck is built into it. It puts a red line under misspelled words and if you right click, it offers suggestions. Maybe that's what you are seeing?
That's what I was thinking...
post #6 of 27
Thread Starter 
Oh yes! That must be what it is. I just started using fire fox and it underlines my misspelled words automatically.

Well then this board still needs spell check!
post #7 of 27
Boo-hoo. :

How do I get Firefox? Will it mess up Mozilla? Ok, is Mozilla firefox? I am not computer savvy. :

Pat
post #8 of 27
Firefox is the Mozilla browser. It's awesome! The newest version (Firefox 2.0.0.1) has the spell check built right into it, and there are ooodles of free add-ons (some helpful, some just plain fun) to download.



vB used to have a spell check built in that only worked with IE. I'm on the new Mac right now so I can't check if it is still there.
post #9 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullofgrace View Post
Firefox is the Mozilla browser. It's awesome! The newest version (Firefox 2.0.0.1) has the spell check built right into it, and there are ooodles of free add-ons (some helpful, some just plain fun) to download.



vB used to have a spell check built in that only worked with IE. I'm on the new Mac right now so I can't check if it is still there.
Thank you! I just downloaded the newest version with spell check!!!!
post #10 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica36 View Post
Thank you! I just downloaded the newest version with spell check!!!!
: I am SOOOOO delighted. Ooh, it red underlined sooooo!!! I love it. I just down loaded too. http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/ Downloaded for free!


Pat
post #11 of 27

Is there a spell check somewhere?

Because I'm really embarrased by my typos
post #12 of 27

Spell checking???

Is it possible to have a spell checker as an option when posting???

I'm such a bad speller, and it would be so nice not to have to copy and paste from a word processer...
post #13 of 27
The software actually has a spell check built into it, but it only works with Internet Explorer. If you use the Firefox browser, it has a spell check built into it so when you type a post, it will underline any misspelled words in red.
post #14 of 27
So I guess if we use Safari we're out of luck? Most boards have a spell check option that you can use when previewing your post. I'm also a horrible speller, and often to lazy to copy and paste into something that will check it for me.
post #15 of 27
I never even oticed we had spell check here. Cool.
post #16 of 27

Spel chek

Is there a spell-check option on here? I know, I'm lazy, but when it's late or I have general mommy-brain, it would be nice to be able to hit spell check. Am I missing it? Thanks.
post #17 of 27
There isn't currently a spellcheck on the boards.

The new version of Firefox has a nifty spellcheck that is automatic but it doesn't like me and is not currently working for me.
post #18 of 27
I second the rec for firefox. It works fine for me... except for in quick reply.
post #19 of 27
Oh the spell check was working but my comp crashed and now I can't get my firefox to work and now I am having to use IE. :

Honestly I haven't had time to dig through and see what is wrong with it.
post #20 of 27
I don't like the new firefox, they need to work out some kinks... and it didn't work with half of my extensions... oh well, thanks!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Site Help
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Welcome to Mothering! › Site Help › spell check!