or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Arts & Crafts › Could we make a list of make-at-home toys?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Could we make a list of make-at-home toys? - Page 11

post #201 of 358
And my DD LOVESSSSS that necklace Sun(and so do all her friends..lol) they throw it on and strut around(and she is 15 months-ALL GIRL! LOL)
post #202 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunanthem View Post
I was just wondering where our beloved thread had gone.. Good to see it back. yes, sticky us, please!
Well, we've been outside so much there is no time for toymaking. Oh, but I did make this for a swap;
Rainbow necklace and wood sword

So I guess the newest homemade "toys" for us would really be outside playspaces. We are growing a sunflower house and bean tee pee!
We're trying to make some living structures too.
post #203 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatolea View Post
And my DD LOVESSSSS that necklace Sun(and so do all her friends..lol) they throw it on and strut around(and she is 15 months-ALL GIRL! LOL)
OH Yay! I'm so glad to hear it is loved and holding up for you!

Great job to all the mamas working hard on their toymaking!! What special mamas and what special memories we are making!
post #204 of 358
:
post #205 of 358
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this thread! I've started compiling a list for Christmas this year and it's already 2 pages long! I'm so excited and getting started this weekend. Thank you!
post #206 of 358

DD's birthday is coming up and I want to really pamper her this year...
great ideas!
post #207 of 358
I just wanted to brag that dh and I made dd a wooden Barbie size house, and we've finally gotten it painted! We looked at all the kits and they were SO expensive, so I designed one with dh, based off of some of our favorites. The thing is HUGE, but I'm planning on my grandchildren someday playing with it.

Now I just have to figure out how to make it furniture.
post #208 of 358
What an inspiring thread!
post #209 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunanthem View Post
Here's some paper doll patterns you can down load; maybe a cute stocking stuffer?

http://community.webshots.com/album/9799882UuciXWwlgv

and here are some paper toys;
http://www.ss42.com/toys.html
Thanks for posting these. I LOVED, loved, loved : paper dolls when I was a kid and would make my own all the time. Since I have a son, I was a little bummed that I couldn't share my love for them with him, but I was happy to see the "Frodo" doll, which is appropriate for a boy or girl. Thanks again!
post #210 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by slsurface View Post
Thanks for posting these. I LOVED, loved, loved : paper dolls when I was a kid and would make my own all the time. Since I have a son, I was a little bummed that I couldn't share my love for them with him, but I was happy to see the "Frodo" doll, which is appropriate for a boy or girl. Thanks again!
OH, you are welcome! Anyone make any new toys recently? Lets get some new pics! :
post #211 of 358
post #212 of 358
Here's some new needlefelted fairies I made!
1
2
3
post #213 of 358
i LOVE the earth felt ball, Kara!
post #214 of 358
:
post #215 of 358
:
post #216 of 358
Subbing for ideas for this year!
post #217 of 358
subbing. there's some great stuff here!
post #218 of 358
I've made a lot of things recently

Super hero cape from the tut on this thread turned out sooooo cute!
Eye spy bag has a hole so I have to dump and re-stitch!
Many balls
Ribbon rings
And tonight I made a whale...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/29705543@N04/2798851854/

I love it! Wool felt is fantastic to work with. This was really my first time other than a diaper cover. I put a bell in the tale so it jingles a bit. And I think I'm going to make a couple of fish and a small blue mat and give it to DD2 for Christmas as a set.
post #219 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70toes View Post
And tonight I made a whale...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/29705543@N04/2798851854/

I love it! Wool felt is fantastic to work with. This was really my first time other than a diaper cover. I put a bell in the tale so it jingles a bit. And I think I'm going to make a couple of fish and a small blue mat and give it to DD2 for Christmas as a set.
Very sweet!What a great gift that will make.
post #220 of 358
This thread is amazing.

I once made a dachsund out of an argyle tube sock. It's so cute.

Ok, I was looking for a picture and found this:
http://homemadebyjill.blogspot.com/2...-sock-dog.html
The blog is pretty cute.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Arts & Crafts
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Arts & Crafts › Could we make a list of make-at-home toys?