This is awesome! I can't wait to start making some of these
Related Forum Threads
- wood working toys without power tools? can it be done? Last post on 6/17/11 at 6:19pm in Arts & Crafts
- 10 Skeins of merino/tencel blend yarn by Valley Yarns Last post on 12/30/12 at 6:29pm in Crafts
- Birthday Party Favor Craft Ideas? Last post on 1/5/11 at 3:26pm in Arts & Crafts
- Photography - Come share pictures! Last post on 1/4/11 at 5:42pm in Arts & Crafts
- Good birthday gift for someone who likes paper crafts? Last post on 1/17/11 at 6:15pm in Arts & Crafts
The Best Non-Toxic Beeswax and Soy Crayons
Last edited: 8/8/13
- Incorporating Art into HomeschoolingLast edited: 3/17/13
- No More Junk Toys: Rethinking Children's GiftsLast edited: 12/1/11
- It's snowing!Last edited: 4/1/13
Could we make a list of make-at-home toys? - Page 18post #341 of 3587/3/11 at 4:26pmpost #342 of 3587/3/11 at 5:08pmpost #343 of 3587/20/11 at 5:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by stillparenting
I've come to this thread so many times over the last years.
It's inspired us to go totally handmade for our holidays for two years now.
I'm really pleased with how my efforts turned out this year. I took ideas from here but made them my own. I'd love to hear what you think of what I made this year.
Click here for our homemade Waldorf tree house.
Isn't making toys soooo much for fulfilling than buying them? I just love this thread.
Holy crap, that tree house is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen!!!! How on earth did you make that? Any chance of you posting a tutorial??post #344 of 3581/21/12 at 7:35ampost #345 of 3588/22/12 at 9:09ampost #346 of 3589/1/12 at 5:24pmpost #347 of 3589/1/12 at 6:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by SusannahR
This is a play mat I just finished. You can see more pics of it, and I describe how I made it, on my blog at www.s-thefiveofus.blogspot.com It will be for my kids, for this Christmas. I'm glad I have it finished now, and am not working on it in Dec.
Really cute play mat! I may have to copy that for DS.post #348 of 3589/1/12 at 6:58pmpost #349 of 3589/2/12 at 7:04amQuote:Originally Posted by amberskyfire
Have you all seen the blog Our Little Nature Nest? I just found it yesterday and I find it nearly impossible to tear my eyes away. It has the most AMAZING handmade toys with instructions. There are so many activities on there that I never would have even thought of. I am going to be following this blog for years to come. It's got so many different toys I want to make for my daughter.
I checked the link, and it says it's private. Does anyone know the owner so I might be able to be granted access?post #350 of 3589/16/12 at 8:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by mehndi mama
photo album (my youngest stole his grandma's because he loved looking at the pictures so much!)
For older kids:
craft kits (put them together yourself)
photo refrigerator magnets
Bendie dolls?? Do share, please!post #351 of 3589/17/12 at 3:08pmpost #352 of 3589/23/12 at 7:27pmpost #353 of 3589/24/12 at 1:49pmpost #354 of 3589/24/12 at 3:54pmpost #355 of 3589/24/12 at 6:03pmpost #356 of 3589/24/12 at 6:59pmpost #357 of 35811/24/12 at 8:31pmpost #358 of 35812/8/12 at 8:50am
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I was literally in tears, crying because my Gram is gone and I am facing my little girl's first Christmas with no family support or involvement on my side and in-laws who are sweet but not like-minded. I want my baby to have the same sort of holidays and birthdays that I did: connected, heartfelt, and mostly handmade. I am hoping to sway the in-laws with these ideas. If not, my husband and I can still make a commitment to keeping it in like spirit using them.
- Incorporating Art into Homeschooling
- › IVF Graduates thread!! 7 minutes ago
- › July's Jubilantly Jovial DDC Roster 9 minutes ago
- › Stocking Stuffers! 20 minutes ago
- › December -- What did you accomplish today? 21 minutes ago
- › I put my foot in my mouth...come and let me have it! 22 minutes ago
- › Travel/occasional use seat help 23 minutes ago
- › December chat - those still hanging around! 28 minutes ago
- › Rolling and co sleeping 36 minutes ago
- › Queer, Pregnant & Parenting October, November & December 2013! 42 minutes ago
- › Who's wearing maternity clothes? 53 minutes ago
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Five Free, Festive Ways to Have Fun at Christmas by Monica S
- › Cosleeping in a Coca-Cola Commercial by Brian Leaf
- › Terms and Conditions: BabyKicks and The... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should You Care About the Photo of Gisele... by Monica S
- › Christmas Through Their Eyes by AmandaK
- › 6 Mistakes People Make When a Friend's... by momofnatasha
- › Hyland's Holiday Challenge Mothering... by JenniO11
- › Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations... by Amy Serotkin
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh