This is awesome! I can't wait to start making some of these
Related Forum Threads
- wood working toys without power tools? can it be done? Last post on 6/17/11 at 6:19pm in Arts & Crafts
- 2014 Project challenge 52 weeks 52 projects Last post on 3/13/14 at 12:46pm in Arts & Crafts
- 10 Skeins of merino/tencel blend yarn by Valley Yarns Last post on 12/30/12 at 6:29pm in Crafts
- Birthday Party Favor Craft Ideas? Last post on 1/5/11 at 3:26pm in Arts & Crafts
- Photography - Come share pictures! Last post on 1/4/11 at 5:42pm in Arts & Crafts
Low Prep Art Projects for Kids
Last edited: 3/14/14
- The Best Non-Toxic Beeswax and Soy CrayonsLast edited: 8/8/13
- Incorporating Art into HomeschoolingLast edited: 3/17/13
- No More Junk Toys: Rethinking Children's GiftsLast edited: 12/1/11
- It's snowing!Last edited: 4/1/13
Could we make a list of make-at-home toys? - Page 18post #341 of 3587/3/11 at 4:26pmpost #342 of 3587/3/11 at 5:08pmpost #343 of 3587/20/11 at 5:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by stillparenting
I've come to this thread so many times over the last years.
It's inspired us to go totally handmade for our holidays for two years now.
I'm really pleased with how my efforts turned out this year. I took ideas from here but made them my own. I'd love to hear what you think of what I made this year.
Click here for our homemade Waldorf tree house.
Isn't making toys soooo much for fulfilling than buying them? I just love this thread.
Holy crap, that tree house is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen!!!! How on earth did you make that? Any chance of you posting a tutorial??post #344 of 3581/21/12 at 7:35ampost #345 of 3588/22/12 at 9:09ampost #346 of 3589/1/12 at 5:24pmpost #347 of 3589/1/12 at 6:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by SusannahR
This is a play mat I just finished. You can see more pics of it, and I describe how I made it, on my blog at www.s-thefiveofus.blogspot.com It will be for my kids, for this Christmas. I'm glad I have it finished now, and am not working on it in Dec.
Really cute play mat! I may have to copy that for DS.post #348 of 3589/1/12 at 6:58pmpost #349 of 3589/2/12 at 7:04amQuote:Originally Posted by amberskyfire
Have you all seen the blog Our Little Nature Nest? I just found it yesterday and I find it nearly impossible to tear my eyes away. It has the most AMAZING handmade toys with instructions. There are so many activities on there that I never would have even thought of. I am going to be following this blog for years to come. It's got so many different toys I want to make for my daughter.
I checked the link, and it says it's private. Does anyone know the owner so I might be able to be granted access?post #350 of 3589/16/12 at 8:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by mehndi mama
photo album (my youngest stole his grandma's because he loved looking at the pictures so much!)
For older kids:
craft kits (put them together yourself)
photo refrigerator magnets
Bendie dolls?? Do share, please!post #351 of 3589/17/12 at 3:08pmpost #352 of 3589/23/12 at 7:27pmpost #353 of 3589/24/12 at 1:49pmpost #354 of 3589/24/12 at 3:54pmpost #355 of 3589/24/12 at 6:03pmpost #356 of 3589/24/12 at 6:59pmpost #357 of 35811/24/12 at 8:31pmpost #358 of 35812/8/12 at 8:50am
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I was literally in tears, crying because my Gram is gone and I am facing my little girl's first Christmas with no family support or involvement on my side and in-laws who are sweet but not like-minded. I want my baby to have the same sort of holidays and birthdays that I did: connected, heartfelt, and mostly handmade. I am hoping to sway the in-laws with these ideas. If not, my husband and I can still make a commitment to keeping it in like spirit using them.
- The Best Non-Toxic Beeswax and Soy Crayons
- › labor pain panic 3 minutes ago
- › Adoption/Foster/Starting Out Chit Chatty Thread Extravaganza 2014 9 minutes ago
- › Are you exercising? 10 minutes ago
- › Great toddler toys? 14 minutes ago
- › March Chat 19 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread~*~ March 2014 29 minutes ago
- › How to wash children's head while he hates this to say the least? 34 minutes ago
- › 8 week Healthy Weight Loss Challenge version 14 (starts March 3,... 41 minutes ago
- › Returning. 42 minutes ago
- › The 1 Year PHOTO thread 44 minutes ago
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › Low Prep Art Projects for Kids by AmandaK
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild