What would you do if you were repeatedly contacted by an emotionally frail, dysfunctional women asking you to please take her children because - as you could well see for yourself - she was incapable of caring for them? What if you already knew and loved the children, and wanted desperately to see them safe? What if you knew in your heart that these children ought not be in this woman's custody, yet the only arrangement she would consider acceptable involved you taking over as custodial parent? What if every time you tried to walk away, she contacted you again and plead with you to reconsider?
Lets take a look at how they became the adoptive family
- they wanted a baby.
- the boyfriend wanted his girlfriend to get rid of the babies.
- she was intentionally led to people who did not have her or her babies best interests at heart (lets face it they had something huge to gain if their only offer to help was adoption rather than offering to help her get healthy) by her boyfriend whose own intentions were to ditch the kids. they had already caused him 9 months of grief.
- she called family for help when she was clearly not in her right mind. they did not offer her real help. there help was contingent on being able t keep the children.
- they took advantage even when they knew she wasn't sure, was sick, was not in her right mind. But the only reason they wanted to help is because it was their plan all along to get the babies. and maybe the boyfriend was the master mind behind all this and they really didn't have all the facts and thought she was on board.
- they hired a lawyer with a reputation for getting his way against the birth mothers wishes and went with an agency who had a reputation
- they forged documents
- conspired with the boyfriend (who is evil no mater how you slice it) to get the children. the boy friend who wasn't even related to the children.
- the boy friend kidnapped her so she couldn't go get her children.
no one really comes out smelling like roses here.
what I see is a woman unable to take care of her children. I can't believe I am saying but what a blessing it would have been if social services had come in and taken temporary custody of her children in foster care until she was able to make a rational decision.
this makes me think we need major reform in how adoptions are handled.