or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Life With a Baby › June 2006 Mamas- New Year! New thread! Let the chat begin!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

June 2006 Mamas- New Year! New thread! Let the chat begin!!! - Page 9

post #161 of 1645
We don't have much problem with DH's eating habits. He's fairly healthy and will at least try everything I cook even if he doesn't think he'll like it.

No thrush here yet, thank goodness, but it's something I'm constantly worried about. I feel for you mamas who have had to deal with it.

We haven't so much as scheduled Katie's 6mo dr. visit, but I measured her yesterday with my parents' bathroom scale and sewing tape. According to those, she's 16lbs and 25 inches. She's getting so big.

Baby carriers... I make all of my own, so I can experiment fairly cheaply. I have now 3 pouches (plus fleece for like 6 more ) 2 ring slings, a stretchy wrap and a non-stretchy wrap. I have the fabric for a mei tai waiting for me at home, I hope to get to that done the week after we get home. It'll be black cordoroy and I haven't decided yet if I want the insert to be removable or not. If it is, it'll be reversible with cordoroy on one side and a cool hawaiian print that I found on the other side. I'm kind of excited about it, I'd love to have a fast "contraption" for tying her on both shoulders.
post #162 of 1645
Thanks for all the advice ladies...I'm going mei tai hunting!!

: on Helen's DDDDC!


Oh, and I confirmed the 'DD is afraid of the car in the dark' theory last night..we left Target when it was dark out, around 5:30pm, and she was fine until we got to the stretch of road where there were no street lights, and she started wailing. Fortunately, it's only about 5 minutes to home at that point. Also, it seems that the higher speed, constant motion in the dark bothers her most, because she started to quiet down when we got back onto residential streets (i.e., slower stop-go-stop-go) from being on the parkway (the stretch without lights). This will be very easy to fix, though...this was just an impulse trip, not a necessary one. I can do all our errands in the morning, fortunately.
post #163 of 1645
Quote:
Originally Posted by The4OfUs View Post
: on Helen's DDDDC!
:

In our house it is my DH that eats right and exercises often. He is in great shape and rock climbs and all that. I am terrible. I have a sit on your butt job and I always sample the goodies that are left out at work. Even with our diet restrictions I manage to keep a soft belly. I hate feeling so out of shape. I think the combination of school and work only make it worse and I feel that food comforts me when I'm stressed out (which has been 8 months straight).

Dh is always getting things right. I love it but it's frustrating too. He's in great shape, never craves the crappy foods, he started his own business, he can dance (even break dance!), he can do so many things without little effort. I played the drums since I was 12 and he plays my drum set for less than 5 years and is way better than me. arrg!


Today Marlow turned 8 months old!!!!
post #164 of 1645
Ange, Your baby had the Tad leap frog doll, right? what did it do when it started going bonkers? Ours sounds like he's talking in another language. We also have a Monkey chase toy that now only wants to sing for a half second before he say the ooo ooo eee eee aaa aaa part. I think all our batteried toys are possessed now.


Marlow opened her mouth for milkies in the bath last night! No sucking but she didn't reject me!!! She was sitting up in front of me and so i thought I'd try to offer her in the tub. Then she started patting me and splashing the water but at least it's hopefully a start to an end of this strike.

I go back to work today but I am only working 2 days this week. The sadder times start next week when classes start back up too. I'm excited to have a photography class though! The teacher has some wild camera recommendations but I am assuming a Canon 20D is perfectly fine (right Helen?). I can't imagine many college students with the cash for anything fancier than that. And half of the class is a photoshop lab and Dh and I met in a photoshop class 7 years ago so it's been a long time and hopefully I can learn some new tricks. I've never had a photo class where I didn't have to spend hours in a darkroom.
post #165 of 1645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow's mom View Post
Marlow opened her mouth for milkies in the bath last night! No sucking but she didn't reject me!!!
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Bday Marlow!!!
post #166 of 1645
Nicole: we were looking for a baby signs class. So far, I do milk inconsistently. That's it. She indicates "up" by raising her arms and "milk" by smashing her head into my chest. I will look into the gymboree one. Which gymboree? I may ask at LLL tomorrow to see if anyone knows of one. We're doing the next Kindermusik session, that starts 2/2.
post #167 of 1645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow's mom View Post
Ange, Your baby had the Tad leap frog doll, right? what did it do when it started going bonkers? Ours sounds like he's talking in another language. We also have a Monkey chase toy that now only wants to sing for a half second before he say the ooo ooo eee eee aaa aaa part. I think all our batteried toys are possessed now.


Marlow opened her mouth for milkies in the bath last night! No sucking but she didn't reject me!!! She was sitting up in front of me and so i thought I'd try to offer her in the tub. Then she started patting me and splashing the water but at least it's hopefully a start to an end of this strike.

I go back to work today but I am only working 2 days this week. The sadder times start next week when classes start back up too. I'm excited to have a photography class though! The teacher has some wild camera recommendations but I am assuming a Canon 20D is perfectly fine (right Helen?). I can't imagine many college students with the cash for anything fancier than that. And half of the class is a photoshop lab and Dh and I met in a photoshop class 7 years ago so it's been a long time and hopefully I can learn some new tricks. I've never had a photo class where I didn't have to spend hours in a darkroom.
Congrats on almost milkies! She'll get it back soon, I hope.
The toys sound like they need fresh batteries. We have a swing that plays music, and it starts sounding all REDRUM REDRUM when the batteries run down. You'd think it would just stop working, but it has to sort of fight for air for a while. You totally don't need a fancy camera to learn photography. The lenses are more important anyway, I think. My husband learned on an ancient camera, and my daily one is a little tiny Canon. The new Adobe Light Room is really cool for quick post-production, hope they show you that!
post #168 of 1645
Just noticed the ddc...it REALLY hurts my feelings, take it downnnnnn.

Just kidding!!!!



I should add that my personal butt is also cage free. Meaning I didn't put on pants yet today. Maybe I just won't?
post #169 of 1645
OK, last one. I am posty mcposterson since this is probably all the time I get today. I'm TCB this week . One of my new year's resolutions was to get all our tax stuff to the accountant as soon as we get the forms from jobs. I have a lot of prep work to do because of my business. Yuck.

Harper still wakes a few times at night (like 2, down from the every hour fun of a few weeks ago), but she's started going to sleep by lying next to me after nursing and sort of giggling and chatting, and then the kicking slows down, and then she's just scratching the sheets, and then she's asleep! This is exciting beyond belief. Certainly not consistent. But it sure is cute. She smiles at me and rolls around.

She's mastered getting her butt up in the air to try to crawl, but she can't do the arms at the same time. So she gets up, heaves herself forward on her face, repeats. She shows more interest in pulling up on stuff or rolling to what she wants than crawling. A fair number of babies on her father's side never even crawled, just went to walking at about 9-10 months. But I thought crawling was part of brain development? That would explain a lot if they didn't.... I am really not ready for crawling.
post #170 of 1645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amys1st View Post
So for fun should we all stalk Lisa to get her to come back??
oo, that sounds like fun..... gotta go find some threads she's on : but maybe tomorrow... short day at work today, gotta get some stuff done...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow's mom View Post
:

In our house it is my DH that eats right and exercises often. He is in great shape and rock climbs and all that. I am terrible. I have a sit on your butt job and I always sample the goodies that are left out at work. Even with our diet restrictions I manage to keep a soft belly. I hate feeling so out of shape. I think the combination of school and work only make it worse and I feel that food comforts me when I'm stressed out (which has been 8 months straight).

Dh is always getting things right. I love it but it's frustrating too. He's in great shape, never craves the crappy foods, he started his own business, he can dance (even break dance!), he can do so many things without little effort. I played the drums since I was 12 and he plays my drum set for less than 5 years and is way better than me. arrg!


Today Marlow turned 8 months old!!!!
Happy birthday Marlow! Isn't there someone turning 7 months today as well????

And dh may have slightly better eating habits than I do but he is blessed with skinny genes. He claims to be over weight now as he pulls on his size 30 jeans and then his built cause they don't quite fit in the waist but he needs space.... And he is the vacuum, finishes every one else's plate for them. I just don't get it.... :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow's mom View Post
Ange, Your baby had the Tad leap frog doll, right? what did it do when it started going bonkers? Ours sounds like he's talking in another language. We also have a Monkey chase toy that now only wants to sing for a half second before he say the ooo ooo eee eee aaa aaa part. I think all our batteried toys are possessed now.


Marlow opened her mouth for milkies in the bath last night! No sucking but she didn't reject me!!! She was sitting up in front of me and so i thought I'd try to offer her in the tub. Then she started patting me and splashing the water but at least it's hopefully a start to an end of this strike.

I go back to work today but I am only working 2 days this week. The sadder times start next week when classes start back up too. I'm excited to have a photography class though! The teacher has some wild camera recommendations but I am assuming a Canon 20D is perfectly fine (right Helen?). I can't imagine many college students with the cash for anything fancier than that. And half of the class is a photoshop lab and Dh and I met in a photoshop class 7 years ago so it's been a long time and hopefully I can learn some new tricks. I've never had a photo class where I didn't have to spend hours in a darkroom.
Funny thing, we still have that toy and C took it out a couple nights ago and pushed a button and then jumped away from it and ran across the room when it made an awful sound. And changing the batteries did not help. It's just defective....It kind of started playing like it was underneath water or something. And like the antenna needed fixing cause it was full of static. Can't even describe it. (no there is no antenna, just trying to come up with an analogy...)

Yeah Marlow for accepting milk! We are on our way!

Sorry about going back to work... It truly does suck.
post #171 of 1645
Helen's DDDDC is hilarious.

Yay Marlow for milkies! Hopefully it's the beginning of nursing again! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Samantha has started SCREAMING at her toys if they don't do what she wants. She threw her stuffed hedgehog across the room last night. Now she's chewing on her overalls. I hate teething. Poor baby is miserable periodically. Luckily (knock on wood) she's very happy most of the time, but she'll have 15-20 minute stretches before every nap where she just yells and won't calm down. Not.Good.

So I was gonna go to LLL this morning, since they've all apparently been asking about me due to the PTL with Sam. I wasn't there last month, and it freaked them out. But alas, I can not go, because my car wouldn't even think about starting this monring. WHAT THE HELL? We just paid $400 for a new fuel pump and fuel filter, got an oil change, the battery is only 4 months old...I can't take much more of this. Somethin's gotta give, like now. I'm so tired.
post #172 of 1645
Thread Starter 
Sarah- you're doing awesome keeping that baby cooking!

LOL on the ddddc...
post #173 of 1645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
oo, that sounds like fun..... gotta go find some threads she's on : but maybe tomorrow... short day at work today, gotta get some stuff done...
the green living tribe?
post #174 of 1645
o! that's right Sarah is still pregnant! Yeah Sarah! And sorry you're car is giving you the blues....:

Lisa... I can usually see her posting to things in Life with a Babe... Will track her down....

I SOOO love my husband. After I REMINDED him (hey, he has no memory, what can I say...) he totally redid all the dinners so that I could avoid the big dairy items. Even found me a lovely avocado to go with my sandwich since I couldn't have cheese. I am so in love right now... Wish he was here... I know, it seems like such a little thing but man, he totally knows me so well and is ALWAYS doing ALL the little things.
post #175 of 1645
post #176 of 1645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow's mom View Post
the green living tribe?
Did you see me?
post #177 of 1645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
Did you see me?
post #178 of 1645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
o! that's right Sarah is still pregnant! Yeah Sarah! And sorry you're car is giving you the blues....:

Lisa... I can usually see her posting to things in Life with a Babe... Will track her down....

I SOOO love my husband. After I REMINDED him (hey, he has no memory, what can I say...) he totally redid all the dinners so that I could avoid the big dairy items. Even found me a lovely avocado to go with my sandwich since I couldn't have cheese. I am so in love right now... Wish he was here... I know, it seems like such a little thing but man, he totally knows me so well and is ALWAYS doing ALL the little things.
Sarah drive that puppy right to the lot! I did this with my honda 3 distributers
in 6 weeks. I took a hit but it was worth it!


My dh is skinny too he wears a size 30 !
post #179 of 1645
Quote:
Originally Posted by medicmama View Post
My dh is skinny too he wears a size 30 !
Does he then complain to you about how fat he is getting too? While he searches for an inch to pinch.... I love my skinny guy though... :
post #180 of 1645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
Did you see me?
Yes! I was so pleased to see you!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Life With a Baby
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Life With a Baby › June 2006 Mamas- New Year! New thread! Let the chat begin!!!