or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2004 - 2008  › August 2007 › Have you seen a midwife/doc yet?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Have you seen a midwife/doc yet? - Page 2

post #21 of 32
Aww! Thanks PiePie!

Believe me when his office called me today with an opening for tomorrow, I was like "Just say when..."
post #22 of 32
Haven't been yet. My HMO wants me to go tot he same OB office I did last time. Which is basically okay with me, I had a very hands off and supportive OB who never argued when I declined anything. But there is a free standing Birth Center I'd like to check out about an hour away. I need to try and get my insurance to cover for me, before I go see it an fall in love with the place.
post #23 of 32
I have an appt with a homebirth midwife next week.

I'm hoping all goes well and we "click", or I'll be scrambling to find another CNM (since my insurance won't cover a lay midwife).
post #24 of 32
I've been in to do labs and register with the OB dept. My first official appt is in 3 wks.
post #25 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenOfThePride View Post
I'm in the same boat. Trying to get a job so I can afford a midwife.
I interviewed a midwife and to my surprise they get almost as much as a OB. But hopefully my insurace will cover some (haven't called yet). I really want a homebirth.
post #26 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4daughters View Post
I interviewed a midwife and to my surprise they get almost as much as a OB. But hopefully my insurace will cover some (haven't called yet). I really want a homebirth.
Well they do the same job right? Just in different ways, and of course a midwife spends much more time with you so she should actually get more.
post #27 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoontz View Post
Well they do the same job right? Just in different ways, and of course a midwife spends much more time with you so she should actually get more.
Your absolutely right one of the reasons I want to go to a midwife! guess i'm just used to the insurance paying and not me.
post #28 of 32
I got my insurance to cover my mw attented homebirth by threatening to change plans, and letting all the moms in my playgroups and online know that they don't care about a woman's right to give birth with her prefered practitioner. I was talking to the supervisor. SHe left me with just saying, I wish there was something I could do, and I got a call back first thing int he am saying they would cover it. I would fight it, unless you no longer have insurance?
post #29 of 32
I see my dr for the first time tomorrow. I have my 3rd U/S also. I am high risk so I will be seeing LOTS of my dr
post #30 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamoo View Post
I got my insurance to cover my mw attented homebirth by threatening to change plans, and letting all the moms in my playgroups and online know that they don't care about a woman's right to give birth with her prefered practitioner. I was talking to the supervisor. SHe left me with just saying, I wish there was something I could do, and I got a call back first thing int he am saying they would cover it. I would fight it, unless you no longer have insurance?
Sounds like a good plan. Thanks.
post #31 of 32
i saw the doc for the first time monday, and got an ultrasound for size and date today... 10wks, 4days!
post #32 of 32
I have yet to have an exam. Dh and I have been scrambling for an attendant this time around, as we moved this past summer to a city whose hospitals are very unaccomodating to midwifery. My previous births have been attended by CNMs in hospitals. There are no birthing centers, and no midwife within a two hour drive of here. Given how short my last labor was and that the one midwife who will do our prenatal visits in our own home has no doctor to back her up here, I've been calling every LLL member, every recommended OB, and my brother (a resident family practitioner at one of the hospitals) trying to find the most Natural Childbirth-friendly doctor in town.

So....

I have an interview with one family practitioner who is a favorite of the midwives on the 19th, and an appointment with a Dr. that I think will be The One on the 22nd. My brother came through for me a few minutes ago. He pre-interviewed one of the family practitioners for me, and she sounds perfect. She has won an award from the regional midwives assoc., she just moved here from a small town nearby where she had a 100% breastfeeding rate for mothers leaving her hospital, she used to work in a birth center with four midwives and has attended waterbirths, everything. She practices extended breastfeeding with her own little ones, and she can be my kids new pediatrician, also. Hooray for cool family practitioners!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: August 2007
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2004 - 2008  › August 2007 › Have you seen a midwife/doc yet?