or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Organize & Declutter › pictures of my organized closet!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

pictures of my organized closet!

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
I wanted to share pictures of my new closet - all organized! It's my favorite room in the house now!

http://www.familymoses.net/mastercloset.htm
post #2 of 18
Nice. Can I move into your closet? I have always wanted a really big closet like that.
post #3 of 18
Thread Starter 
Sure, move in anytime! We love visitors!

We actually put my niece in there in her playpen to sleep when she spent the night recently. It was pretty cute!
post #4 of 18

Omg!

I looked at all your before/after pics. Your house is beautiful. How long did all that work take?
post #5 of 18
Thread Starter 
We bought this house in Nov 2005, so just over a year ago. In the first few months, we did the most work - kitchen, all the painting downstairs, etc. Then we do projects as we get chunks of time. My husband is a teacher, so he has big chunks off. Spring Break was the front porch. Summer was lots of little things. Christmas Break was this closet. Next is the laundry room (8x9' or so). There's still lots of painting to do upstairs and a huge wish list (back porch, fence, etc).

I really love my house, though!
post #6 of 18
Looks great!
post #7 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheBrink View Post
We bought this house in Nov 2005, so just over a year ago. In the first few months, we did the most work - kitchen, all the painting downstairs, etc. Then we do projects as we get chunks of time. My husband is a teacher, so he has big chunks off. Spring Break was the front porch. Summer was lots of little things. Christmas Break was this closet. Next is the laundry room (8x9' or so). There's still lots of painting to do upstairs and a huge wish list (back porch, fence, etc).

I really love my house, though!
It took us that long to get our basement finished. And the bathroom still isn't done! LOL Your house rocks!! LOVE IT.
post #8 of 18
OOOhhh, love the color coordination. Did you remember to take before pics? The mirrors are a nice touch, too, as is the naked baby on the chair .

Your hubby sounds very industrious! My DH is a great handyman, too, and has done everything from putting in a sprinkler system to remodeling two kitchens from head-to-toe. Of course, things have slowed down to a crawl since our latest project (a 2-year-old!). Anyway, for his b-day in March I am putting together a before and after scrapbook of all the projects he has done over the years.

Great work on the closet!
post #9 of 18
Thread Starter 
The before pictures are the ones at the top of the webpage I linked to:
http://www.familymoses.net/mastercloset.htm
It used to be a kitchen.
In the 1970s or so, my house was divided into 3 apartments - one downstairs and 2 upstairs. So when we moved in we had 3 kitchens. We kept (and remodeled) the downstairs one. The 2 upstairs kitchens are now the closet I showed and the laundry room. (The laundry room isn't nearly done yet.)

Thanks for the compliments!
post #10 of 18
OMG, wow, that closet is probably the size of one of the kids bedrooms here LOL. It definitely qualifies as another room in my book. Great job your DH and you did turning it into a closet!
post #11 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by phatchristy View Post
OMG, wow, that closet is probably the size of one of the kids bedrooms here LOL. It definitely qualifies as another room in my book. Great job your DH and you did turning it into a closet!
:

Well done -- enjoy!
post #12 of 18
Thread Starter 
Thanks, guys!

The closet is actually the size of my bedroom. My bedroom contains our queen size bed and two 8" square nightstands. That's it. I love it.

A great benefit of the new, large, organized closet is that I don't dread putting away laundry. I can take the clean laundry in there in the basket, fold it, and put it right away. A place for everything and everything in it's place, you know...
post #13 of 18
Did you find that baby in there after you cleaned it out??





I'm so jealous, that's a great closet!
post #14 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom4tot View Post
Did you find that baby in there after you cleaned it out??
Yes, ain't he a cutie???
post #15 of 18
And such a tidy place to store him -- Next to the shoe rack? :
post #16 of 18
Your closet is bigger than our bedrooms. It looks great!
post #17 of 18
I love your house. You've done an amazing job! I wouldn't know what to fill a closet that size with!
post #18 of 18
You have a really wonderful house . Thanks for sharing
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Organize & Declutter
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Organize & Declutter › pictures of my organized closet!