or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Arts & Crafts › Books, Music, and Media › Television › LOST-season 3 second half
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

LOST-season 3 second half - Page 43

post #841 of 1493
You know why we can't have more Sayid on the show? First of all, the obvious, he is too hot and would blow the retinas of all the women characters if he was in too many scenes. Secondly, he is prone to actually getting things accomplished instead of running in circles spouting cryptic messages. Can't have too much of that, the plot might start going somewhere.

:
post #842 of 1493
Did anyone else find it incredibly odd that Rousseau came into the ship and that she an Locke didn't seem that surprised to see each other there?

And really, how the heck did Lock'e father get there?
post #843 of 1493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janelovesmax View Post
Josh Holloway had proven to be a great actor. OMG, he is so sexy, I can't stand it.
I TOTALLY AGREE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lckrause View Post
You know why we can't have more Sayid on the show? First of all, the obvious, he is too hot and would blow the retinas of all the women characters if he was in too many scenes.
VERY TRUE!

I love both of these characters.
post #844 of 1493
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBirthMommy View Post
Did anyone else find it incredibly odd that Rousseau came into the ship and that she an Locke didn't seem that surprised to see each other there?
Yes I did. I wonder if it was because they did not want each other to get in the way of whatever they were doing. It was not that they were not surprised, but they had an unspoken agreement that they would allow each other to continue whatever they were doing without questions.

I am sure we will find all of this out before the show ends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBirthMommy View Post
And really, how the heck did Lock'e father get there?
I am assuming that John just dragged him. He was tied up, and he did not think that John would kill him. He might have walked somewhat willingly.


Completely unrelated, but does anyone else think that John and Ben are very similar? They both do what they want to do or have other people do what they want them to do by making the other person believe it was thier choice. They are both arrogant.
post #845 of 1493
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenandavery View Post


I am assuming that John just dragged him. He was tied up, and he did not think that John would kill him. He might have walked somewhat willingly.
Sorry, I meant how did he get to the island. It's just so bizarre.

And yes, I do think Ben and Locke are similar.
post #846 of 1493
john is on his own personal journey....trying to figure out the mystery of the island. If you were suddenly cured of paralyisis wouldn't you want to know why? He can't go back to the losties camp because a lot of them are pissed about the submarine he blew up.

his dad got to the island by the same people that brought Juliet. he said he was even smiled at when they put an iv in him (he was drugged) and woke up on the island. whoever these people are that find out this info on the losties can sure find the people in their lives that will get the losties attention.

great episode and i totally agree, Sawyer did a great job acting!

i wonder if Jack knows about Ben's plan to kidnap the pregnant woman. If he's in on it, it's only because he would want to protect them....if being with the other's and finding a cure is protection. Or, Ben might have done some more "promise off the island" type of thing. I don't think Jack is with the others so much as he doesn't think they are as evil as he once did.
post #847 of 1493
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBirthMommy View Post
Sorry, I meant how did he get to the island. It's just so bizarre.
I would guess that the man that rear-ended him was Richard, and the man in the ambulance (if it was one) that smiled at him while he put in the IV was Ethan. They drugged him and brought him to the island. This would indicate that his dad was on the island for a while because Ethan has been dead for a long time.

My question is...did John bring him to the island, or did Richard (some of the Others that want change, as Juliet put it in her To Kill A Mockingbird video, plan to bring him there because they knew it would take power away from Ben. If this was true it would seem they had some information on the future, but maybe not. Richard did say that everyone was talking about the person that was paralyzed when he came to the island that could now walk. Maybe they were planning on getting John all along, but the plan is only starting to fall into place. Who knows?
post #848 of 1493
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstie View Post
his dad got to the island by the same people that brought Juliet. he said he was even smiled at when they put an iv in him (he was drugged) and woke up on the island. whoever these people are that find out this info on the losties can sure find the people in their lives that will get the losties attention.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenandavery View Post
I would guess that the man that rear-ended him was Richard, and the man in the ambulance (if it was one) that smiled at him while he put in the IV was Ethan. They drugged him and brought him to the island.

Thanks!
post #849 of 1493
Josh Holloway totally rocked last night--shows he's so much more than a stud-muffin!

The whole thing with John's father being THE Sawyer is yet another example how their lives are all intertwined.

I also thought John & Rousseau were both like "if I don't ask, you don't have to tell and I won't have to know", ykwim?

I think Juliette has led Jack to believe something that is not true. He trusts her and she knows it. She's going to use that to her advantage. That smirk tells me she is dishonest with him.

With the "faked" crash sight for 815, isn't it highly possible that there is in fact no wreckage, but that Widmore owns the recovery company and faked the reports?
post #850 of 1493
Quote:
Did anyone else find it incredibly odd that Rousseau came into the ship and that she an Locke didn't seem that surprised to see each other there?
didn't surprise me becuase I'm still holding to the opinion that Rousseau is an Other and John saw her at the camp or with Ben.

Remember Ben said that you had to give up something from your pre-island life, when Rousseau had tears when she was with Sayid/John/Kate and saw Alex, perhaps Alex is what she gave up.

How did John get the tape recorder? What is Ben's plan for them having it and knowing they're coming?

It doesn't surprise me that Jack has changed. Those who were kidnapped have changed too.

Did Penny really send Naomi? they have files on everyone, they would have known about Penny/Desmond and could have just said that to try and gain trust. If Penny sent her then why did she tell Mikhail that she wasn't alone? Why didn't she say that in English? Why did she seem to tell them all something different in a language only they'd understand(or in English when she was alone with Hurley). I think she's full of BS personally.

Why wouldn't Penny come for Desmond herself?
post #851 of 1493
Quote:
Originally Posted by lckrause View Post
You know why we can't have more Sayid on the show? First of all, the obvious, he is too hot and would blow the retinas of all the women characters if he was in too many scenes. Secondly, he is prone to actually getting things accomplished instead of running in circles spouting cryptic messages. Can't have too much of that, the plot might start going somewhere.

:
The writers better RUN b/c I think you are really onto something here.
post #852 of 1493
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieMF View Post
Did Penny really send Naomi? they have files on everyone, they would have known about Penny/Desmond and could have just said that to try and gain trust. If Penny sent her then why did she tell Mikhail that she wasn't alone? Why didn't she say that in English? Why did she seem to tell them all something different in a language only they'd understand(or in English when she was alone with Hurley). I think she's full of BS personally.
I have been thinking the same thing. While I think that Penny is looking for Desmond (as we saw in the last season finale), I am not sure that Naomi is really everything she claims. I feel like it could go either way. I would believe that she is an Other infiltrating the camp, and I would also believe that she is looking for Desmond. I guess we will see how it plays out.
post #853 of 1493
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieMF View Post
It doesn't surprise me that Jack has changed. Those who were kidnapped have changed too.

?
I guess I shouldn't be surprised but I just want old Jack back...
post #854 of 1493
I want to know what Rosseau needed dynamite for...more of her booby traps?
post #855 of 1493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janelovesmax View Post
I guess I shouldn't be surprised but I just want old Jack back...
Me too...and I like Julliette but I want to smack that dumb cat swallowed canary superior smirk off her face.
post #856 of 1493
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenandavery View Post
I have been thinking the same thing. While I think that Penny is looking for Desmond (as we saw in the last season finale), I am not sure that Naomi is really everything she claims. I feel like it could go either way. I would believe that she is an Other infiltrating the camp, and I would also believe that she is looking for Desmond. I guess we will see how it plays out.
Well what I thought was so weird was someone, Jack or Sayid, asked if they had seen the helicopter which makes me believe that is foreshadowing that the other's set it up to look like a crash, I mean all we hear is sounds and then see some lights. The others could have created that.

Maybe the reason that Naomi said that she was not alone to the eye patch guy was because she was delirious from the fall (all though it doesn't make much since that would have actually wounded her if it was set up, hmm eye patch guy dressed the wound maybe it wasn't real: ) and knew that she heard Charlie and them but didn't realize that it was obvious that they were there, or maybe she is telling the truth and she was referring to the boat.

I think it is interesting the Locke's father knew his plane went down (I mean unless the airline has to notify his only living family or something) because I didn't think that he would be keeping tabs on his life, didn't run to Mexico. I don't think that they are dead, I just think the other's made it look like they were dead.

So wait I am confused, is it three more episodes till the season finale. So we actually get to see 4 more Lost episodes before they break or is it 3 more episodes of Lost till they break?
post #857 of 1493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neth Naneth View Post
Well what I thought was so weird was someone, Jack or Sayid, asked if they had seen the helicopter which makes me believe that is foreshadowing that the other's set it up to look like a crash, I mean all we hear is sounds and then see some lights. The others could have created that.
Yes, I was thinking the same thing when I was watching. I still believe there could be an explanation if Naomi story is true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neth Naneth View Post
I think it is interesting the Locke's father knew his plane went down (I mean unless the airline has to notify his only living family or something) because I didn't think that he would be keeping tabs on his life, didn't run to Mexico.
I did not even think of that. It is weird that he knew that John was on the plane. Would he even be listed as family since John was in foster care his whole life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neth Naneth View Post
So wait I am confused, is it three more episodes till the season finale. So we actually get to see 4 more Lost episodes before they break or is it 3 more episodes of Lost till they break?
Three episodes left. Next week is Ben/Dharma focused.
post #858 of 1493
There was one point that really stood out for me. When Sawyer asked Locke (about Locke's father, after Sawyer killed him) "was that the guy who pushed you out a window?" and Locke said, "Not anymore." That makes me think that there is some sort of time wrinkle that goes on on the island. That by killing his father (either himself or by having Sawyer do it), he removes his father from his life at a point that occurred before he got thrown out the window. Now that the father is dead, he can't throw him out the window, which is why Locke is no longer paralyzed. Clear as mud?

That explains why Locke was suddenly able to walk when he found himself waking up on the island after the crash.

I think the whole premise of the show is about people being able to change events in history by altering things during their time on the island.
post #859 of 1493
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonconformnmom View Post
There was one point that really stood out for me. When Sawyer asked Locke (about Locke's father, after Sawyer killed him) "was that the guy who pushed you out a window?" and Locke said, "Not anymore." That makes me think that there is some sort of time wrinkle that goes on on the island. That by killing his father (either himself or by having Sawyer do it), he removes his father from his life at a point that occurred before he got thrown out the window. Now that the father is dead, he can't throw him out the window, which is why Locke is no longer paralyzed. Clear as mud?

That explains why Locke was suddenly able to walk when he found himself waking up on the island after the crash.

I think the whole premise of the show is about people being able to change events in history by altering things during their time on the island.
This is a very interesting theory. I just read a similar theory elsewhere. My only thought is that if they change the events in the past then how would they still be on the island? I am not sure if that makes sense, but Locke would not be on the flight home if he was able to walk and go on the walkabout in Australia.

I also wanted to clarify the dialog you quoted only because it sounds like in your quote that Sawyer asked if that was really John's dad which could start a lot of theories. I mean potentially you can argue that the person that Sawyer killed was not really John's dad, but some type of manifestation just like the horse, cat, Yemi, etc. I just watched it again to double check because lots of new theories started forming.
Sawyer: "Is it true?"
Locke: "Is what true?"
Sawyer: "That he threw you out a window...that you were a cripple?"
Locke: "Not anymore"
post #860 of 1493
I suggested that theory to my 19 yo dd while we were watching it together and she also thinks is an interesting theory.

Thanks for correcting my dialog mistakes - I'm terrible at remembering details correctly.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Television
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Arts & Crafts › Books, Music, and Media › Television › LOST-season 3 second half