MY KITCHEN PICTURE TOUR - Sorry I don't have any pictures yet but I still want to play.
WHAT I LIKE BEST ABOUT MY KITCHEN (Include a picture!) - Wow this is tough because I really hate my kitchen. I do like the decor. Hubby collects CocaCola stuff and that is where we display it.
WHAT I LIKE LEAST ABOUT MY KITCHEN - It is a storage nightmare. I was built in the EARLY 70's at a time when there were few widely used kitchen gadgets and mom was quarentined in the kitchen away from the rest of the house. I can not see my livingroom from my kitchen so it is hard to keep an eye on things and cook at the same time. The cabinets were also designed pre kitchen gadgets so I have no cabinet that is wide enough to store my kitchen aid mixer or bread maker on the counter. This actually is not a bad thing because I use them all the time but it would be nice when we entertain to be able to have a clean surface to lay things out,
MY PLAN OF ACTION -
1. I have been meaning to extend the shelf in my lower cabinets all the way to the front. Right now there is a tiny thin shelf in the back of the cabinets that you have to be on your hands and knees to get to and it is so thin that it barely holds a small pot. SO I want to knock them out and replace them with a deep shelf.
2. I never finished painting my bottom cabinets. Although I will guess that, since we just got a new dog, that I will not be crawling around on the floor with a paint brush in hand just yet. This my have to wait until the next One Room Challenge - Kitchen rolls around
3. Put knobs on the drawers. None of my drawers have knobs. I have already bought them AND marked the spot to drill the whole but I haven't actually done it.
4. Come up with a dishwashing system. I am bad about not doing dishes right away and my kitchen always looks dirty. So I want to come up with a system that works for us.
5. I don't use the bottom drawer of my stove so I am oing to clean it out and move my muffin tins, etc. there since I have run out of space in my vretical storage cabinet next to the stove.
6. The feet on my butcher block are wobbly so I need to take them off. And all my cutting boards need to be oiled badly
7. Where there should be bar stools, we have shoes. I need to find a new place for them before the dog chews them up. I really want to get bar stools so my kids can come to the kitchen and work on school work while I am making lunch etc.
8. My new dog has discovered the recycling bin so I need to find a way to put it under the sink.
9. Find a new destination for dirty clothes. Since our washer is right outside the kitchen the dirty clothes tend to get dumped by the back door.
10. The back side of my cabinets that face the hall have bulletin boards hanging from them that we never use anymore so those need to come down and I want to put up a pot hanging system of some kind. Not sure what eyt though.
11. I need to strip the privacy film off our kitchen window so I can see the boys when they are outside so I need to finish the curtain I started for it.
12. I need to find a new home for the microwave. It is almsot never used so it needs to find a new home. Maybe the garage on top of the freezer?????
Okay that is all I can think of now. Of to make my list of supplies and get started.