Ok count me in!
MY KITCHEN PICTURE TOUR
part 1 - before we moved in http://gallery.deadfrog.net/albums/c...0155.sized.jpghttp://gallery.deadfrog.net/albums/c...0156.sized.jpg
I will post current pics this week.
WHAT I LIKE BEST ABOUT MY KITCHEN (Include a picture!)
While it's small, it's got a decent amt. of cabinet space (though I need more), and a big window on the wall that you can't see in the pics... it faces south and is nice and bright. The cutout to the living area is nice too, I can keep track of dd while I cook/do dishes.
WHAT I LIKE LEAST ABOUT MY KITCHEN
It's 8x8. Too small for me, having moved from a BIG kitchen and owning tons of gadgets and dishes and more. Not the most fluid space either.
MY PLAN OF ACTION - here is where you can be as agressive or laid back as you like. If you want to list a series of goals.
1. purge - go through everything already put in the cabinets (we've been here 2 months) and get rid of things that haven't been used at all (honestly I don't know if there is anything in there I haven't used!)
2. unpack - yes, there is still more to unpack. A few appliances (blender, rice maker, waffle maker) and a lot of plastic stuff.. hopefully I can sort out the plastic and only keep complete sets (bottom and top) for food storage, and dump the rest.
3. Reassess the food storage situation. Right now all the dishes are on the sink side in the upper cabinets, while all the food is on the stove side in the upper cabinets. NOT a lot of storage. There must be a better way to get things in there.
4. Decorate.. we won't paint, it's a rental. And yes, we could paint, but I don't want to tape all the cabinets and deal with all the tiny spaces... same for our bathrooms. When/if we paint, it'll be the living room and maybe the bedrooms or hall, big flat easy to paint spaces. So I need to add some color and fun w/o too much damage.
5. Like 3_opihi, get my onion basket up.. and ?? something... just something. Maybe find new homes for some of the stuff in there.
6. (extension) there is no space in this kitchen to store my china, and no hutch or cabinet in the dining area, so I need to find a safe way to put the china away.. the crystal is in boxes under our bed (not really a safe place either) but for now it'll survive. I have a few ideas, but we've already run out of "normal" storage space in this apt. (the closets and under beds are packed).
7. hotspots = the breakfast bar (that really isn't at all useful as a breakfast bar), top of fridge, top of toaster. And the trash.. it lives on the windowsill because the dog would get in it on the floor and dd too.. and I got tired of unlocking the sink cabinet to throw things out. Must find a compromise!