My Before and After!Original Post
(if you care)
I took advantage of February savings time today and did a little finishing up and took my pictures. Before and After Pictures:Little Hallway
, and AfterDoor corner
& AfterTable corner
- I shifted the table to have the long end against the other wall, really makes the room feel bigger, gives us more room around the exterior door and pantry. Oh, and notice the chairs! they may have looked white in the picture, but trust me it was more of a mottled gray food stain color... Cabinets
- added cabinet pullsFridge
- got a french memo board for all the pictures, and the todo lists went inside a cabinet, I decided the fridge looked too blank with nothing, so I put the calendar up. A little magnet trick - the last page of the calendar has about 9 big magnets, which is what is holding it up, the one on top just holds the top page up.Pantry
& AfterDish Cabinet
- the new home of my to do lists. I did the dishes and put them away before taking this, so this is everything save a couple sippy cups (and a sigg I bought to try!) which are in current use.Upper Corner Cabinets
& After 1
, After 2Above the Stove
& AfterOther Upper Cabinet
- I didn't get to it, but I'm going to eventually drill a hole in the bottom of this cabinet and run a cord up so I can charge things inside the cabinet. The metal bowl is to contain chargers and ac adapters. The jar is for little misc crap that we might otherwise throw into the drawer below.Junk Drawer
- I try not to think of it as a junk drawer, but its the one most likely to become one. We keep pencils, the screwdriver, scissors and a few misc things in here. It's a misc drawer, but in the sense that it has a variety of things, not in the anything can go in there sense.Looking back toward the living room
- didn't have a before shot for some reason. The cat is thankfully blocking your view of the toys spilling out of the playroom on the right.Some other details I'm excited aboutStained Glass Dragonfly
- looks really nice in the mornings with the light streaming throughStained Glass Flowers
- Over the kitchen window, makes doing the dishes a little more pleasant. My Black Cat Painting
- I got this ages ago as you may have noticed we have a black cat, goes so well here and is just the right color schemeMy Sunflower Photo
- I took this photo at DH's aunt's farm a few years ago. It's one of my favorites, because it reminds me of how peaceful it is out there on her farm. Mom gave me the easy arrange it vase and I think it really makes the table look nice with the red flowers. (fake unfortunately)
Well there it is. I'm really thrilled with what I got done. Any cabinet I didn't post a picture of was essentially the same, as I had done some serious decluttering before the challenge. But some of the cabinets did need another going through, somehow things creep up. The pantry is especially bad for just getting out of order when we are lazy putting things away.
What do you think?My Original To Do List
- Paint the walls DONE!
- Put up matching curtains and shades DONE!
(well not shades, but we decided we could do without)
- Do something about the gap between the stove and countertop Not done
- Declutter the fridge front so it feels less cluttered DONE!
- Find a better way to store fruit than my plate on the counter, but still out in view DONE
- I swapped the platter for my lasagna pan, which I never use, but can contain more fruit, but still looks nice
- Figure out a better solution for my little technlogoy corner. It's always a mess of wires and speakers and stuff, and even when the room is 'clean' it looks cluttered. HALF DONE
- I found some shelves to put up above htat, but they have to be modified and painted, so I haven't gotten to that yet, but I did clear out the bottom part of the cabinet to put my camera, store cords and ac adapters and eventually put the speakers and chargers up in there when I get around to drilling a hole in the bottom of the cabinet and running a power strip into it - so we can charge things out of view.
- Work on the pantry, I need better storage for a lot of the stuff in there, especially medicines and vitamins. HALF DONE
- I did declutter the pantry, but I didn't do anything with the medicines and vitamins, they are still in their rubbermaid containers.
- I almost forgot - Put cabinet pulls on the cabinets! I bought them (and they are visible in one of the open cabinets) but they haven't made their way on. I hate not having them because the doors themselves get so much yuckier without pulls and it shows on the white big time. DONE!
They look so much nicer will pulls, its really amazing.