or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Talk Amongst Ourselves › Spirituality › February Law of Attraction
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

February Law of Attraction - Page 107

post #2121 of 2309
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaMama View Post
Part One

Once a day, for the next seven days, carve a couple minutes out of your day to focus on love. Start this exercise by writing a list of your favourite things - anything at all that really rocks your world. Keep writing until you really feel that joyful vibration buzzing through you.

Once you've written your favourite things list, complete each of the following sentences as many times as you can. Aim for at least 10 statements a day for each one.

1) I love myself because...

2) Love is...

We'll talk about Part Two in a week.

Oh, if you think it will help to have some accountability here, I'd be happy to give you my email address so you can share your lists with me privately!

You are an amazing life coach!!! Go Melanie!!!
post #2122 of 2309
Quote:
Originally Posted by catgirl View Post
OMG, now he's clearing out the fridge!! :
Ok, that right there puts him in the keeper pile FOR SURE! I really should manifest myself a clean fridge.

Quote:
You are an amazing life coach!!! Go Melanie!!!
You're so sweet, Penny!
post #2123 of 2309
Oh, multi-quoting is just plain DANGEROUS!! :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zannalyn View Post
Oh, and I thought of how you could just buzz, like say "bzzzzzzzzzz!" even at work, and if the kids ask why, say that you're a happy busy bee, visiting all the flowers.

BE, of course, is switchword for "to banish lonesomeness", "to maintain good health" and "To achieve peace of conscience". It's also ds's word for nursing (short for boobies ) so it's really a powerful word around here!

edited to add: and ds must be psychic because he just came up to me and said, you guessed it, BE!
I this idea!! Going to try it tomorrow!! (meanwhile the delayed opening today also = less kids and a more peaceful classroom! don't you love inadvertent manifestations?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
Here's something I've been thinking about:

Do you think that speaking your intentions aloud or telling others about them helps them to manifest?
I know this has already been discussed but I just have to say ITA with everyone who says it's important WHO you say it to! I haven't even mentioned LoA to anyone I think would be a downer about it!

Plus, if we didn't share, how could we help each other manifest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hula View Post
I just found my copy of Wayne Dyer's "Manifest Your Destiny: The Nine Spiritual Principles for Getting Everything You Want" over the weekend. I was looking through it and was surprised when I found a section that said to keep your efforts to manifest secret - especially after seeing all the successes on these threads.

He says it's a private matter, and when we speak to others about it our power is weakened because when we talk about it ego has entered the picture.

If that's true, perhaps the power doesn't weaken when shared on this thread because of the overall high energy?

I don't know. In a way, I'm inclined to keep these things to myself (IRL) because I don't want the negative energy (or comments) of others to bring me down. But I'm not sure if that's the same thing.
I got this book out of the library but haven't started it yet... do you think it's worth reading if he says stuff like that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
Is tomorrow Lottery Playing Day?

I bought some lottery tickets this weekend but I bought them for Wed. since our big lottery drawing is Wednesday.

What are the rest of you doing?
Buying at least two winning tickets tomorrow!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaMama View Post

Ahhhh... So many other things I wanted to reply to, and now I can't remember it all! I really must use that multi-quote more often.
Like I said, it's dangerous!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post

Hey, and where has KateSt. been?
Isn't she on vaca in San Diego?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananas View Post
I've manifested something so weird I wouldn't even know where to begin. :

Seriously, this is something that never, ever would have happened to me before. :

It's...not a bad thing, it's just so...weird.

Okay, I'm not making any sense , and I really can't go into details, so...let's just say I manifested the strangest situation ever with a good friend of mine.

I'm giggling at how weird it all turned out.
I want to know too!! I'll pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arduinna View Post
Aw, shucks! I thought it was the good stuff too... well, here's some and : anyway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittleWonders View Post
So, you know how Louise Hay talks about sinus/headaches have to do with anger/frustration with a loved one
OMG! Maybe this is my sister's problem... she gets sinus headaches all the time: , and she is ALWAYS mad at me!: :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
MyLittleWonders...

I read your post with keen interest because in many ways, I have been there done that. Not exactly the same but similar. In particular there is a thing that can happen between kids and parents and it is called Spousalizing...where the kid whether it is daughter or son is married to either mom or dad. It is a really, really tricky situation. My parents split when I was a toddler and my mother never remarried and I became her defacto 'partner'... and I was the person who was suppose to share all my emotional ups and downs with her so she could council/support/cheer whatever and viceversa for her. It was so ingrained in me that I didn't even realize it until I was in my early to mid 20's.. and then by my late 20's.. I did a huge, huge split from her. And didn't fold her back into my life for about 2 years and then only in small doses..
Hmmm... I really think I do this too. My mom is very healthy though, and we are best friends, but we joke all the time that we will be living together forever, etc etc... could this be part of my romance blockage? : :

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananas View Post
Can I join in?
Me too! Me too! <jumping up and down flailing hand wildly>
post #2124 of 2309
I have for a while now been very of my egocentricity... most of my replies to posts (this thread and in general) are MY response, or MY thoughts, or how it relates to ME, sometimes even hijacking someone else's question to make it about ME. Never mind the fact that I start more threads than I reply to just because I like for people to answer MY questions. I'm a Leo, what can I say?

I also just never have the kind of eloquent and powerful responses that so many of you have!!

How can I manifest being a really good friend and support to you all, like you are to me?

(There I go again, making it all about me! )
post #2125 of 2309
Quote:
Me too! Me too! <jumping up and down flailing hand wildly>
Ok, PM me with your email address!

Quote:
most of my replies to posts (this thread and in general) are MY response, or MY thoughts, or how it relates to ME,
Devon, honey, that's what we're all doing! Why do you think I like posting in response to stuff? Every time I write an affirmation for someone else I'm receiving in the giving! I grow, grOW, GROW with each post! My spirit likes the growing! That's why I do it! Every time you post your support, or share your experiences, you are allowing others to receive what you are giving! It's a circle that we're all participating in, and each one of us is doing it how we do it.

I adore you.
post #2126 of 2309
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaMama View Post
Ok, PM me with your email address!



Devon, honey, that's what we're all doing! Why do you think I like posting in response to stuff? Every time I write an affirmation for someone else I'm receiving in the giving! I grow, grOW, GROW with each post! My spirit likes the growing! That's why I do it! Every time you post your support, or share your experiences, you are allowing others to receive what you are giving! It's a circle that we're all participating in, and each one of us is doing it how we do it.

I adore you.
Thank you ... but you HELP everyone so so much!! I feel like I take take take, and don't give nearly enough.

I do love you all so much, and I send you good vibes and stuff all the time, I just wish I could do MORE. Because you guys do so much for me
post #2127 of 2309
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Devon* View Post
Aw, shucks! I thought it was the good stuff too... well, here's some and : anyway!
Sorry

but on a positive note when I read what you wrote I immediately thought of the huge font I was going to use when I come and post that I am pregnant!
post #2128 of 2309
I can't wait!! I'm visualizing it right now...
post #2129 of 2309
Devon, I think you give A LOT to the discussion here! I love reading your posts, and you always make me smile! That's a lot of personal value to me right there!

But putting that aside for a moment, there's something really interesting coming up for me in this conversation... In our society we have a big focus on the connection between the acts of giving and receiving, and a belief that the two must be met equally between people. For example, one might feel guilty to receive a Christmas present from someone they did not buy a present for. But this diminishes the idea that there is great value in the giving of the gift! There is as much for the giver in that act as there is for the receiver! So why does the receiver need to reciprocate with the same person?

I'm not suggesting we should (or could) always give, or always receive. But I think realizing the connectedness of all of us can really help us understand how these acts can be beautiful and complete in and of themselves. Giving to someone benefits everyone, even if you are not the direct recipient of the gift. And you cannot give to someone if you do not embrace the ability to receive all that is offered to you.

Viewing the separateness of giving and receiving can really help you see how connected they are.
post #2130 of 2309
Quote:
Originally Posted by ananas View Post
Can I join in?
:
post #2131 of 2309
Oh, and I thought that Ard's sticky post meant she'd just gone for some fun with her husband and was hopeful about the outcome. Girl, you had a lot of people thinking a lot of different thoughts with that one.
post #2132 of 2309
I've been away and was so far behind I was going to wait for the March thread to jump back in but I need to share....

Did anyone watch the Oprah special tonight about the leadership academy for girls that she built in S. Africa???

OMG!!!! I *needed* to see that tonight!!! I feel like this after watching it.
post #2133 of 2309
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaMama View Post
Devon, I think you give A LOT to the discussion here! I love reading your posts, and you always make me smile! That's a lot of personal value to me right there!

But putting that aside for a moment, there's something really interesting coming up for me in this conversation... In our society we have a big focus on the connection between the acts of giving and receiving, and a belief that the two must be met equally between people. For example, one might feel guilty to receive a Christmas present from someone they did not buy a present for. But this diminishes the idea that there is great value in the giving of the gift! There is as much for the giver in that act as there is for the receiver! So why does the receiver need to reciprocate with the same person?

I'm not suggesting we should (or could) always give, or always receive. But I think realizing the connectedness of all of us can really help us understand how these acts can be beautiful and complete in and of themselves. Giving to someone benefits everyone, even if you are not the direct recipient of the gift. And you cannot give to someone if you do not embrace the ability to receive all that is offered to you.

Viewing the separateness of giving and receiving can really help you see how connected they are.
Beautifully put! And pArt of what we share here is ourselves. So if you're talking about yourself and how things are going, that IS giving!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharmama View Post
I've been away and was so far behind I was going to wait for the March thread to jump back
Given that there have been about 35 posts since dinnertime, you'll have plenty to keep you busy befoe March gts here!

Oh, and buy a lottery ticket tomorrow! We're manifesting winners!
post #2134 of 2309
Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot mama View Post
My Little Wonders:

I wish I had sage advice for you. These family things can be so very hard.

You might want to write it all out and put it away for a little while. Then you can revisit it or burn it or send it or whatever, but you don't have to decide right now. It might change something for you if you are able to at least get it all out in some way.
I think I will - just getting it out is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arduinna View Post
I knew I should have used the quote feature.

It was in response to this post

Not that I was wondering

no official word yet, sorry if I confused anyone.
Well I'm sending you some anyway because I know you are manifesting your dream!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
MyLittleWonders...

I'm not suggesting that for you because I think your mom is probably way healthier than mine.. but one thing I would totally do is stop sharing any of your plans, hopes/wishes/dreams/accomplishments/defeats.. any of it.. right now with your mother. Talk about stuff in the news.. or small things.. talk about the kids in small doseages.. or let her tell you stuff.. but don't share your personal important stuff. YOu need to pull it back. Once you do that you are going to get a clearer understanding as to where you end and she begins. Where her opinions of you end and your opinions of you begin.. Once you pull it back you will start to feel differenlty and this is where you can really begin your dream and desire work with your husband.

You gotta trust me on this one... it works.
I do trust you ... question though - what if she asks why I am being more distant? Do I let her know (I so am not good at confrontation except in my own mind. I have issues with wanting everyone to like me and accept me so I don't like making anyone upset with me. (Dh is the first and only person that I can truly let my guard down with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catgirl View Post
Have I mentioned lately how much I my dh??

He saw that I was down and I explained why. He said, in effect, "You know, the real philosophers all say don't mix science with god - you can't use the one as proof of the other. You're going through a big transition in your life and you don't know yet where it's going to lead you. But it's given you a lot of good things. There's room for faith and for science."

...

What I'm hearing is she needs a reflection from you to feel sure of herself. Or she thinks she does. Maybe because it was like that for long time,she doesn' yet realize that she can live without it.

I think what you do is BE your own person. She may feel threatened by it, but that's her issue to deal with. You don't have to worry about whether she's threatened by it - that's not your job. If you don't protect her, she has a chance to grow by dealing with it,even if it takes her a while to realize that!

I think if YOU know you are strong in them you won't feel the need to explain them to her, and that will communicate that to her.

How about,

I am so happy and grateful that I am strong and secure in myself.
I am so happy and grateful that I always follow my inner voice, to the highest good of all.
I am so happy and grateful that I am completely loved, understood and accepted for who I am by all people close to me.
Your dh is so cool! And thank you so much for the affirnations. I'm writing them in my book when I'm done nursing children to sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaMama View Post
Part One

Once a day, for the next seven days, carve a couple minutes out of your day to focus on love. Start this exercise by writing a list of your favourite things - anything at all that really rocks your world. Keep writing until you really feel that joyful vibration buzzing through you.

Once you've written your favourite things list, complete each of the following sentences as many times as you can. Aim for at least 10 statements a day for each one.

1) I love myself because...

2) Love is...

We'll talk about Part Two in a week.

Oh, if you think it will help to have some accountability here, I'd be happy to give you my email address so you can share your lists with me privately!
I'm in! You are so good at coaching!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catgirl View Post
OMG, now he's clearing out the fridge!! :
OMG - he rocks!!!
post #2135 of 2309
Quote:
I do trust you ... question though - what if she asks why I am being more distant? Do I let her know (I so am not good at confrontation except in my own mind. I have issues with wanting everyone to like me and accept me so I don't like making anyone upset with me. (Dh is the first and only person that I can truly let my guard down with.
Don't be distant. Just don't share your intimate stuff.. (hopes/wishes/problems/etc).... what you do share is light gossip, light stuff.. give simple answers when she asks pointed questions on important stuff.. "Ah, we really don't have answers yet." "We are still figuring things out" "we have been so busy we haven't focused on it yet." Give all kinds of light answers and then change the subject.
This is truly like going to the gym for the first time.. stretching the muscles that have never been worked before is uncomfortable at first.. but then you will get used to it.

and remember, you can talk about her all the time.. her stuff.. that will probably fake her out for awhile.
post #2136 of 2309
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittleWonders View Post
So ideas? Affirmations? Things to use to help release the emotions tied-into all this? Should I speak directly to her? Or simply write her a big ol' letter, print it out, and burn it?
Is she totally unaware of what she's doing ie with the "I told you so" dynamic? How do you feel about the prospect of talking to her about it? Otherwise I like what Tracy said. I had to stop talking to my mom about my life decisions too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catgirl View Post
When all's said and done I know there's something to it. But I was in this wonderful bubble of "why NOT a million bucks in half a year?!?" and I'd like it back. At the very least, even if it's not true, believing it's true has in itself created amazing miracles in my life. Which makes it true. Or something. : Or maybe we do create the reality we want, so it's true if you believe it or not if you don't.
This reminds me of the amazing talks from Hicks/Abraham on hayhouseradio.com that I listened to today (and they blew my mind). Esp where she refers to our negative thoughts and how we often keep them up by saying "But it's true!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Devon* View Post
How can I manifest being a really good friend and support to you all, like you are to me?
Hee hee. Don't think about the how. You've put the request out there, now align your vibration with your desire

Seriously... don't we all more or less go through phases of giving more, then taking more? Don't worry... abundance is everywhere! It all works out

So today I had a huge realization, related to my last realization, which when I say it out loud sounds so obvious! I realized that all this resistance I have towards the tasks involved in something... could well result in me not getting that thing at all. That I need to concentrate on positive thoughts around the ultimate result, and joyfulness for the tasks, so that I allow them to happen (and of course go well).
post #2137 of 2309
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Devon* View Post
Thank you ... but you HELP everyone so so much!! I feel like I take take take, and don't give nearly enough.
you've helped with questions I've asked, but if you think I'm going to look back through over 100 pages to find it, you're nuts!
post #2138 of 2309
Linda!

MLW... It sounds like you and your mother are very close, and have a good relationship overall. Do you feel like you need more space between you? Or are you just hoping for less negative input in these certain areas? (I'm thinking the later.)

Have you noticed that the areas where she offers up negative reactions are the ones in which you are unclear yourself? Religion, moving house... Often, those closest to us are our best mirrors! If she is offering up this negative vibration, I would look at what that says about your thoughts on these subjects. Every time she says something negative to you, try asking "now why would I say that about this?"

Considering your mother is big into metaphysics and LoA (awesome!!), I would talk to her about this and get her input. Tell her "Wow, it's really interesting to me that I feel a negative vibration from you on this subject. I wonder what that is mirroring about my thoughts?" Then invite her to help you get clear! That will open her up to seeing what you see, and it may give you some great insight into where her resistance lies! I really think this could be a growth area for you - in your relationship, in your personal ability to speak your truth, and in your mother's ability to see you as your own person.
post #2139 of 2309
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaMama View Post
But putting that aside for a moment, there's something really interesting coming up for me in this conversation... In our society we have a big focus on the connection between the acts of giving and receiving, and a belief that the two must be met equally between people. For example, one might feel guilty to receive a Christmas present from someone they did not buy a present for. But this diminishes the idea that there is great value in the giving of the gift! There is as much for the giver in that act as there is for the receiver! So why does the receiver need to reciprocate with the same person?

I'm not suggesting we should (or could) always give, or always receive. But I think realizing the connectedness of all of us can really help us understand how these acts can be beautiful and complete in and of themselves. Giving to someone benefits everyone, even if you are not the direct recipient of the gift. And you cannot give to someone if you do not embrace the ability to receive all that is offered to you.

Viewing the separateness of giving and receiving can really help you see how connected they are.
So true. You know, I very much feel this way when it comes to giving of material gifts, donations, etc. I love to give! and don't really care about receiving. I guess it does balance out overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catgirl View Post
How about,

I am so happy and grateful that I am strong and secure in myself.
I am so happy and grateful that I always follow my inner voice, to the highest good of all.
I am so happy and grateful that I am completely loved, understood and accepted for who I am by all people close to me.
Oh, I love this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphinxie View Post
This reminds me of the amazing talks from Hicks/Abraham on hayhouseradio.com that I listened to today (and they blew my mind). Esp where she refers to our negative thoughts and how we often keep them up by saying "But it's true!"
Which talk? And can you download those to an iPod or do you have to listen on the computer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphinxie View Post
So today I had a huge realization, related to my last realization, which when I say it out loud sounds so obvious! I realized that all this resistance I have towards the tasks involved in something... could well result in me not getting that thing at all. That I need to concentrate on positive thoughts around the ultimate result, and joyfulness for the tasks, so that I allow them to happen (and of course go well).
THAT'S THE SECRET! I think we all have a hard time stopping worrying about the "How". It's a big hurdle but it sounds like you're well on your way!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda on the move View Post
you've helped with questions I've asked, but if you think I'm going to look back through over 100 pages to find it, you're nuts!
You're so sweet
post #2140 of 2309
Ladies I am so far behind I was going to wait for the March thread but I just can't stay away!!!
Sorry I haven't kept up, just had a rough few days. I can't believe how long this thread is!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Spirituality
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Talk Amongst Ourselves › Spirituality › February Law of Attraction