or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Arts & Crafts › If you had to choose one pattern...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

If you had to choose one pattern...

post #1 of 44
Thread Starter 
I am gearing up to make my first diapers. I have been following the thread on free diaper patterns and I think I may try the ottobre and/or the mamabird pattern first. But if you could only choose one pattern to purchase, what would you use? For now I want to make fitteds, maybe a cover. I am not too interested in aios. I have the material already so I don't need diaper kits, although sounds like a nice option.

Thanks!
post #2 of 44
www.darlingdiapers.com patterns! She has them somewhere else for even cheaper but I can't find the link. Totally worth your money. She has a pocket fitted and AIO pattern, and either one can be adapted for fitted or AIOs. I love both patterns and they are idiot-proof, tons of pics, personal email help from Amber, and sent via email so you can print tons of copies!
post #3 of 44
I'd second the vote for DD. They're the first ones I bought and they're great. You just can't go past all the great instructions and all the modifications they give.
post #4 of 44
Great question thanks!:
post #5 of 44
I third the recomendation for darling diapers as their patterns are easy to follow and make great pockets. You could get the fitted pattern ( which is good)
post #6 of 44
Very Baby hands down.
post #7 of 44
Are the Very Baby patterns PDF (emailed) or do they snailmail them? Right now I'm looking at both the Very Baby patterns and the DD, but DD's are winning because they'll email the pattern.
post #8 of 44
I'm all about the Fattycakes pattern!!
post #9 of 44
I decided on the VB fitted pattern this time around for new babe due in September. I heard that the kissaluvs 0s fit very well so I stretched a kissaluv over the VB fitted pattern and it's very close. That sort of gives me the reassurance to go forward without a bum to try one on.

For my daughter I made lots of VB AIOs and was very happy with the pattern and the diapers.
post #10 of 44
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by swell_mel View Post
I'm all about the Fattycakes pattern!!
Where did you find it? I can't find the pattern anywhere. I am thinking VB right now, I love all the info on the website. I don't see anywhere though if it is downloadable. That would definetely be a plus.
post #11 of 44
Have you looked at any of the free patterns yet? Here's one that has very easy to follow instructions with lots of pictures walking you thru it.
http://mayna.livejournal.com/198548.html
post #12 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamama View Post
Where did you find it? I can't find the pattern anywhere. I am thinking VB right now, I love all the info on the website. I don't see anywhere though if it is downloadable. That would definetely be a plus.
The Fattycakes pattern is totally awesome and it is pfd, pdf, something like that anyways LOL. PM strawhatbrat to buy it as she is it's fabulous creator. If you want to fall compleatly in love go here
http://hyenacart.com/DivaDesigns/
and look at the ones she makes, click on Fattycakes at the top or just scroll down. They are to die for! Hope that helps!
post #13 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamama View Post
Where did you find it? I can't find the pattern anywhere. I am thinking VB right now, I love all the info on the website. I don't see anywhere though if it is downloadable. That would definetely be a plus.
Oops. Sorry I didn't see this sooner. Looks like Cheryl took care of it.
post #14 of 44
Would the DD be good for a very beginner?

And can you make it just a fitted without the pocket?

Thanks!
post #15 of 44
The DD has a fitted pattern and an AIO pattern. Both are very good. The instructions are thorough and you really could learn a lot from doing it. If you start with flannel for a fitted you will have a lot of success without the stress of stretchy fabric. Flannels almost always turn out nice!!! The fattycakes is great but doesn't have thorough instructions. I have also heard the very baby is good.
post #16 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryl b. View Post
The Fattycakes pattern is totally awesome and it is pfd, pdf, something like that anyways LOL. PM strawhatbrat to buy it as she is it's fabulous creator. If you want to fall compleatly in love go here
http://hyenacart.com/DivaDesigns/
and look at the ones she makes, click on Fattycakes at the top or just scroll down. They are to die for! Hope that helps!
Do you know how much the Fattycakes pattern costs?

I attempted my first diaper using the DD pattern and failed miserably (I'm a total newbie with just a few bibs under my belt so far). I tried to convert the DD AIO pattern to a fitted, but it will take some practice.

I'm curious to see other's responses to this question to see if I should try another pattern or keep going with the DD.
post #17 of 44
that link JordanB posted looks great, better than a lot I've seen. I really need to get some velcro...
post #18 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minoh View Post
Do you know how much the Fattycakes pattern costs?

I attempted my first diaper using the DD pattern and failed miserably (I'm a total newbie with just a few bibs under my belt so far). I tried to convert the DD AIO pattern to a fitted, but it will take some practice.

I'm curious to see other's responses to this question to see if I should try another pattern or keep going with the DD.
I would stick with the DD. The fattycakes has a good fit, but the directions are completely inadequate for a newbie IMHO. Go to sewdiapers.com and look at the directions for making a Very Baby AIO into a fitted. You can just apply this to the DD AIO. You have to create an account, but it is free.
post #19 of 44
I have been using the Very Baby patterns...super easy
post #20 of 44
i have been using the Very Baby patterns and haven't been happy with anything else. When I think I want to use a different diaper, I am disappointed. Doesnt happen with the Very Baby patterns.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Arts & Crafts
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Arts & Crafts › If you had to choose one pattern...