Okay, here goes! I'm warning you, my bedroom is a DISASTER, and I'm really quite embarassed to show these pictures. Nevertheless, I feel that I have to do it, or it's just not going to happen, kwim?MY MASTER BEDROOM PICTURE TOUR:
The view from the doorhttp://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...e/100_3052.jpg
The bed, with DS asleep on it. http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...e/100_3028.jpg
The "walk-in" closet (we can't do much walking in it!)
The awful shoe and purse pile. My grandmother works in the "handbag department" (as she calls it) at a department store, and she sends me countless ridiculous purses.http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...e/100_3036.jpg
DS's dresser in our closet. It needs a lot of work, inside and on top. This is DH's childhood dresser, which is why 1) It has stickers all over it, and 2) It's hiding in the closet! DH still uses the bottom drawer as a junk drawer...he needs to do something about that.http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...e/100_3035.jpg
Inside of the closet door. In the bag, is my wedding dress. It's been over three years, and I still haven't gotten it boxed!
The other dress is a bridesmaid dress I had to wear in DH's grandparents' vow renewal a few years ago. I can't stand it, so if anyone wants to buy it, let me know! http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...e/100_3049.jpg
Shoe thingy on the back of the closet doorhttp://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...e/100_3050.jpg
The pile...dundundun! On the left, our changing table/diaper area is hiding. I think it was clean there once. Next to it, is a pile of stuff I don't know what to do with, as well as my ebay pile, which has been collecting for a few years without ever being listed on ebay.http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...e/100_3033.jpg
The other pile. Now you can see the changing table again. In the bags are a bunch of clothes that are too small for DS, and I need to figure out what to do with. I'll be saving a lot of them for the next babies, but I want to give away and sell a lot too.http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...e/100_3032.jpg
The corner on DH's side. That's my belly cast sitting there, where it has been waiting for the last seventeen months to be painted and glazed by DH...
: And, more stuff we don't know what to do with.http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...e/100_3031.jpg
The dresser. That gumball machine is DH's. I'm not really sure why we have it. One day, he just decided that he wanted one. Not sure why our wedding cake topper is sitting there...http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...e/100_3030.jpg
DS's closet (this is actually a cupboard in our hallway right outside of the bedroom, but it's the best place to keep his stuff organized. It's storage for other stuff too though...)http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...e/100_3051.jpgWHAT I LIKE BEST ABOUT MY MASTER BEDROOM:
Not much. I'ts far too small. I really like our bed linens, and our bed itself, comfort wise, but that's about it.WHAT I LIKE LEAST ABOUT MY MASTER BEDROOM:
It's a complete disaster. It's the catchall for everything in our house that doesn't have a home, which is a lot of stuff, since it's a pretty small one bedroom.HOT SPOTS:
Um, the entire room. The tops of the dressers, the vanity, and the floor in front of the vanity. The latter seems to be the worst, because it's where clothes, laundry, and evertything eles, really seem to congregate.MY PLAN OF ACTION:
- Dust ruffle on the bed
- Purge at least 10 pairs of shoes
- Purge at least 25 pieces of clothing.
- Get DH to clean out his junk drawer in DS's dresser.
- Paint the gold mirrors hanging on the walls. I like having them there, but they are totally not our style at all! If DH doesn't want to paint them (he's the artist around here, not me), maybe we'll sell them and buy something else at Ikea...
- Paint, glaze, and hang the belly cast
- Clean out and clear off the vanity, and sell it on Craigslist
- Decorate the walls, because they are oh-so drab. We can't paint though, because we rent. I'm going to need some serious help here, because I am not so great at decorating.
- Get that wedding dress boxed!
- Go through the boxes in the closet that have been there, waiting to be sorted since we moved in three years ago.
- Go through the boxes in "the pile" area that have been there, waiting to be sorted since we moved in three years ago.
- Put the guitar clock that DH's grandparents gave us for Christmas up in the family room. I know that's not the bedroom, but the clock is taking up room in the bedroom right now.
- Put up curtains over the super ugly vertical blinds.
- Possibly put some decor around the bed, in place of a frame (suggestions welcome!). We don't really want a frame , because we like our bed on the floor, on top of the box spring. This way, when DS takes a spill off the bed, he doesn't go far.