or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Parenting › Work from Home Parents › Get Paid To Thread for March
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Get Paid To Thread for March - Page 6

post #101 of 211
Where do you find the offers that pay out 1k? how long do they take to complete? thanks!
post #102 of 211
Greedy greedy me :

Oh well. I guess it is not all bad. I have accrued much more than I spent and I got some beautiful books for Ivan and a month trial of Blockbuster online.

I have not received the conformation email for either of the above though. Shouldn't I? These were not direct cash duck offers, they were the extras that I signed up for to get the gas card.....greedy, greedy greedy :
post #103 of 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan's Mom View Post
Greedy greedy me :

Oh well. I guess it is not all bad. I have accrued much more than I spent and I got some beautiful books for Ivan and a month trial of Blockbuster online.

I have not received the conformation email for either of the above though. Shouldn't I? These were not direct cash duck offers, they were the extras that I signed up for to get the gas card.....greedy, greedy greedy :
I don't think it is greedy. It is learning the GPT ropes. That takes some time. There is probably not much you can do for those offers. Remember not to do them on a GPT site now, but really you will earn so much more than what you lost.

I remember when I did it, I thought I was supposed to. I thought that I'd get credit for the survey part and then if I did what the offer said, I get the bonus. When I got in and did page 1, I realized that there were 5 more offers to do. I stopped there. I checked back a few months later when I learned how to do those offers and realized that I never even got credit for them.

On the bright side, now you know and can educate others. And you've got those nice trials.
post #104 of 211

Please assist me....help

Ok, I was doing the $1 trial offers on cash duck. I completed the "At Home Rewards" and the "Privacy Matters Identity." As I put in my gift card # for each one, I got a message saying that I was denied and I would need to call the customer service line to sign up. OK, fine. I just closed out of the site and was going to forget about it. Well, I looked in my email and I got credit for both

The problem is that I deleted all the info that I signed in with from my spreadsheet. So, I do not have the web address, customer service #, password, log-in name, member ID or anything.

So I cannot find the web address from cash duck because I already did the offer and it is in my account box and not clickable. Can any of you send me the link?:

Thank you
post #105 of 211
Ivan's mom,

If you go to one of the other sites, you can get the info that you need at the same offers there. At least the phone number. Their emails may be obvious (ie, athomerewards.com). Hopefully, they'll be able to give you your info if you can give them the last four numbers of your c.c. or something like that to identify you. If they let you contact then via email (without logging into the site) you can send them a screenshot of the confirmation email you got.

Hope this helps.
post #106 of 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan's Mom View Post
Ok, I was doing the $1 trial offers on cash duck. I completed the "At Home Rewards" and the "Privacy Matters Identity." As I put in my gift card # for each one, I got a message saying that I was denied and I would need to call the customer service line to sign up. OK, fine. I just closed out of the site and was going to forget about it. Well, I looked in my email and I got credit for both

The problem is that I deleted all the info that I signed in with from my spreadsheet. So, I do not have the web address, customer service #, password, log-in name, member ID or anything.

So I cannot find the web address from cash duck because I already did the offer and it is in my account box and not clickable. Can any of you send me the link?:

Thank you
Did you get any confirmation emails from the companies? Let me know if you need the info. I have it stored somewhere and can dig it out for you. Another way would be to try and just google it. THose are pretty well known companies and you can probably just find them by searching.
post #107 of 211
Hi!

Just started with this and was referred by Sherrie. I signed up tonight at Cashduck and did an IYO to start.

This is all so overwhelming! :
post #108 of 211
I've been studying the threads and am ready to try it out! I've got a couple of questions (I'm still pouring through the old threads), so forgive me if it's been addressed in past months.

Should I use a different internet browser for doing gpt than I do for my "regular" interent surfing?

Does the email address I use for trials need to match my paypal address?

A pp mentioned having to wait to do additional trials b/c of the prepaid card, like not enough money on it or something (I didn't understand the comment, hence my question). Should I put more than, say $30 on the card to start with if I can?

Thanks! Kelly
post #109 of 211
I also got a DVD in the mail from Columbia House. I never signed up and would never have chosen that DVD if I did! I'd looked at the offer a few times but thought it was too expensive. Got SOOOO frustrated with their customer service - there's no way to speak to a real person. However I emailed them about the situation requesting a prepaid envelope to return membership materials and no further billing/ correspondence. They have emailed to agree to this and will be sending an envelope. There must be some kind of problem with their system. I definitely did not sign up.

Joanna
post #110 of 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by josiesutcliffe View Post
I also got a DVD in the mail from Columbia House. I never signed up and would never have chosen that DVD if I did! I'd looked at the offer a few times but thought it was too expensive. Got SOOOO frustrated with their customer service - there's no way to speak to a real person. However I emailed them about the situation requesting a prepaid envelope to return membership materials and no further billing/ correspondence. They have emailed to agree to this and will be sending an envelope. There must be some kind of problem with their system. I definitely did not sign up.

Joanna

Same thing happened to me. KEEP DILIGENT records. Record everything that happens. I've heard they will bill you a few months from now. also, I will try to send you phone info later if I can. I'm out of town and my grandfather is not doing well, so bear with me if I dont get back to you today.
post #111 of 211
I know I have read about this happening to someone, and I can't remember if it was here or not... so I am just going to post, LOL.

I tried signing up for Shopping Essentials+ -- after submitting my CC info it brought me back to the CC page and said it could not process the application at this time... or something like that. So I closed out the window and cleared my cookies. I went back to cash cafe and the offer credited LOL. so I go to look at my gift card and it seems i was charged for the offer as well..... so far no welcome email tho.

So have you had this happen to you? Will they send me a welcome email? LOL
post #112 of 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhinderliter View Post
wow good job! you must not have had to much debt. how much did you make? its nice to have numbers posted on everyones success!

i don't know about the roboform or ccleaner though. maybe do a google search for freeware for macs?
Oh, I'm not out of debt yet. In fact, we just had to add another 9K to the debt in order to get a new used vehicle. Sigh. But we did just pay off our smallest debt So, down $100, another ____ to go ( embarrassed to say just how much!)
post #113 of 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex Libris View Post
I've been studying the threads and am ready to try it out! I've got a couple of questions (I'm still pouring through the old threads), so forgive me if it's been addressed in past months.

Should I use a different internet browser for doing gpt than I do for my "regular" interent surfing?

Does the email address I use for trials need to match my paypal address?

A pp mentioned having to wait to do additional trials b/c of the prepaid card, like not enough money on it or something (I didn't understand the comment, hence my question). Should I put more than, say $30 on the card to start with if I can?

Thanks! Kelly
I just started, too! I use Firefox for regular browsing, but since I have a mac, I can't use ccleaner. So, when I clear my cookies it clears EVERYTHING, which is annoying. So, to avoid having to sign in to everything I visit, I started using Internet Explorer for GPT. It is a bit slower, but for me, it's worth it to NOT throw my computer through the wall!
post #114 of 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petersmamma View Post
I just started, too! I use Firefox for regular browsing, but since I have a mac, I can't use ccleaner. So, when I clear my cookies it clears EVERYTHING, which is annoying. So, to avoid having to sign in to everything I visit, I started using Internet Explorer for GPT. It is a bit slower, but for me, it's worth it to NOT throw my computer through the wall!
We have a Mac, too. We usually use Safari for our browsing. Do you know whether clearing cookies on Firefox would clear everything on Safari as well? I'll bet it will, but it'd be great if it didn't--I'd just limit my gpt stuff to Firefox.
post #115 of 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyMama View Post
I know I have read about this happening to someone, and I can't remember if it was here or not... so I am just going to post, LOL.

I tried signing up for Shopping Essentials+ -- after submitting my CC info it brought me back to the CC page and said it could not process the application at this time... or something like that. So I closed out the window and cleared my cookies. I went back to cash cafe and the offer credited LOL. so I go to look at my gift card and it seems i was charged for the offer as well..... so far no welcome email tho.

So have you had this happen to you? Will they send me a welcome email? LOL
I've had this happen- some of the offers I got credit for, others I did not. But I never got a welcome e-mail either, and no matter what CC I put in, it was declined. At the time I was using my personal CCs and not prepaids.
post #116 of 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by krankedyann View Post
I've had this happen- some of the offers I got credit for, others I did not. But I never got a welcome e-mail either, and no matter what CC I put in, it was declined. At the time I was using my personal CCs and not prepaids.
huh. I did have a confirmation email this morning, so I guess I am all set with it! Very strange tho, lol.
post #117 of 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex Libris View Post
We have a Mac, too. We usually use Safari for our browsing. Do you know whether clearing cookies on Firefox would clear everything on Safari as well? I'll bet it will, but it'd be great if it didn't--I'd just limit my gpt stuff to Firefox.
Clearing your cookies in Firefox shouldn''t affect anything in Safari.

Petersmama - are you running IE on your Mac? Do you know where I can get a copy?
post #118 of 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex Libris View Post
We have a Mac, too. We usually use Safari for our browsing. Do you know whether clearing cookies on Firefox would clear everything on Safari as well? I'll bet it will, but it'd be great if it didn't--I'd just limit my gpt stuff to Firefox.
So, we are dorks here. I use Firefox and my dh used Safari, so that simply leaves Internet Explorer! When I cleared cookies on Firefox, it cleared EVERYTHING on FIREFOX (as in, I had to log in EVERY time I came to MDC or wherever. Plus, it seemed to forget my autofill stuff.) Dh didn't say anything about Safari, but he might not anyway. With Internet Explorer, I delete cookies between each offer, and it doesn't seem to log me out of everything and clear my autofill info. And I'm still getting approved, so I assume everything is hunky-dory.
post #119 of 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by milk4two View Post

Petersmama - are you running IE on your Mac? Do you know where I can get a copy?

Yes, I am. Hmmm. I think IE was on our Mac when we got it. The problem is that they aren't updating IE anymore (at least for Macs). So I don't even know if you could do a google search and download it. But that's what I would try.
post #120 of 211
To keep from being logged out of sites when using CCleaner ~ Open the CCleaner box, click "options" and then "cookies". You will see 2 boxes. The box on the left will have the websites you have recently visited. Move those sites which you want to stay logged into to the safe box on the right titled "cookies to keep". That prevents your login cookie from being deleted
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Work from Home Parents
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Parenting › Work from Home Parents › Get Paid To Thread for March