or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Talk Amongst Ourselves › Spirituality › Your Wish is My Command - LoA March 4-10
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Your Wish is My Command - LoA March 4-10 - Page 5

post #81 of 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Devon* View Post
Help me get in the right mindset for doing my What If and my Love homework from Captain Crunchy!!

I just can't seem to get started... should I watch something funny to raise my vibration? Rampage appreciation? Virtual Realities? All of the above?
Has it been 10 minutes?

I think it is Hicks that says in the book I'm reading now to just do *something*. Anything. Clean off your desk (I just did!) Stand up and move, anything at all. Then get going on your project.

post #82 of 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Devon* View Post
Help me get in the right mindset for doing my What If and my Love homework from Captain Crunchy!!

I just can't seem to get started... should I watch something funny to raise my vibration? Rampage appreciation? Virtual Realities? All of the above?
Take a page from Nike, sweetheart. Just do it.

Seriously. Just sit down, and get started. It may not be easy, but it really IS simple.

Put all of your focus on it, and just "git 'er done."

Like I said, it's a choice. Are you gonna do it, or are you gonna sit around wondering why you aren't doing it? Both are an active choice....
post #83 of 927
And hey Devon remember... there is nothing you *should* do, only that which you want to do....

Visualize your husband wearing that sweater ...then you taking it off then get to the homework...

I wrote Amris' Foreword and I am so friggin proud of it, I hope she likes it!!!

More later, I have tons of laundry *I lovingly want to do* lol ....at the laundromat (where I will meet awesome people)

Love ya!

(but if anyone wants to manifest me a washer and dryer that would be fab )
post #84 of 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain crunchy View Post
And hey Devon remember... there is nothing you *should* do, only that which you want to do....

Visualize your husband wearing that sweater ...then you taking it off then get to the homework...

I wrote Amris' Foreword and I am so friggin proud of it, I hope she likes it!!!

More later, I have tons of laundry *I lovingly want to do* lol ....at the laundromat (where I will meet awesome people)

Love ya!

(but if anyone wants to manifest me a washer and dryer that would be fab )
I do really want to do it, I guess I am too afraid of not doing it right! Or, I guess I should say, doing it the best I possibly can. But that's ridiculous. OF COURSE it will be the best!

Meanwhile, I just made a lunch date with this HOT guy I met yesterday, so I'm pretty psyched. And oddly, he has one of my two favorite first names and the last name I have always thought would sound really nice with my name... a manifestation, perhaps? :

I have been meaning to ask this for a while. Do you think it hurts or helps me to hang out/date guys that I know I won't end up with, but are fun and amusing in the now? Am I blocking my soul mate by spending time with guys who aren't? I don't mean anything committed or long-term, but I don't usually turn down dinner invitations and there may sometimes be a good night kiss or two... :
post #85 of 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amris View Post
Put all of your focus on it, and just "git 'er done."
post #86 of 927
Oh, and I also wanted to say I cannot WAIT to read what you wrote for Amris!! Care to share?
post #87 of 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amris View Post
Put all of your focus on it, and just "git 'er done."
I love that expression
post #88 of 927
That party analogy was great. Thank you. I will just do what I can.

WuWei, I did follow your link, and consentual living pretty much sums up our family pre-foster care. I can not parent the foster kids in this way. They are dealing with HUGE issues that cause them to lie, hoard, and generally infringe upon others. I don't want to have seperate rules for them, but I also don't want to infringe upon my own kids with rules needed by the foster kids. For the record, pre-foster care I would have argued that I could parent them the same way. I was wrong. Consentual living asumes a normal baseline, and these kids are still on survival skills on the Maslow scale.

In other news, I told DH that I wanted to learn how to run and immediatly saw a learn to run challenge that I started. Yea!

Also, the whole "who you are is not who you are but who you were" just hit me last night. I love it. The now was created by the past, and right now I am shaping my future. Awesome!
post #89 of 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Devon* View Post
I do really want to do it, I guess I am too afraid of not doing it right! Or, I guess I should say, doing it the best I possibly can. But that's ridiculous. OF COURSE it will be the best!

Meanwhile, I just made a lunch date with this HOT guy I met yesterday, so I'm pretty psyched. And oddly, he has one of my two favorite first names and the last name I have always thought would sound really nice with my name... a manifestation, perhaps? :

I have been meaning to ask this for a while. Do you think it hurts or helps me to hang out/date guys that I know I won't end up with, but are fun and amusing in the now? Am I blocking my soul mate by spending time with guys who aren't? I don't mean anything committed or long-term, but I don't usually turn down dinner invitations and there may sometimes be a good night kiss or two... :
No - I think you need to do the "obligatory dating" thing before you find the right one. I read that in a book once but don't remember which one.

I do think that if it turns into more than just *dating* then you'd be stopping the process of finding the right one.

So. . if you think there's potential, I mean *really feeeel it* then continue dating the person. If you don't, then move on to the next.

You'll know. If there is a question like, maaaybe he's okay, or maaaybe he'd be the right one, cut him off now. There are no *maybes* when you've found the right one.
post #90 of 927
Thanks for all the comments on the wall and thank y'all for helping me figure out what I was wanting and get doing it

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
Wow!! I absolutely love it! I want this in my guest room! Did you free hand it and then paint? My hands are sweating just thinking about actually trying to paint something intentional on the wall, but I just love it!!
I freehanded the whole thing with the paintbrush. Which is why if you were here you'd see that my style at the beginning is a bit different from the style at the end, But you have to look to really see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amris View Post
Don't keep up, just hang out with us.
Oh yes, please! And I like what someone else said about conversations at a party. Let go of any guilt you may have at not being able to respond to every single person/post. Just jump in and go with the flow

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaMama View Post
So what if he's reckless or if he's always blaming someone else, or never happy, or... That's his work! Trust that he's exactly where he needs to be, learning exactly what he wants to learn. He can't get it wrong!
Can we explore this for a minute? The idea that everything that everyone does is what they are meant to do and be. Is that really a LOA idea or are we getting into something else now because I've heard others say that too. If everything we're already doing is what we are meant to do, why try to change? Why learn about the LOA and try to manifest things and attitudes? I feel like this : when I hear this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepia View Post
but i do think there is something to be said for letting things marinate before you take action. i went to a great class on newborn consciousness last fall and the teacher was talking about how there's always a pause before a big burst of action--in the birth process, in physical development, etc. you've got to build up the energy. it may look like nothings happening, but if you interfere with the pause then you really mess things up
Ooooo, see that resonates with me. But then that goes with my concerns on being "reckless" doesn't it? I sometimes do things quickly but I'd say mostly I "build up energy". The problem is that sometimes I get stuck in the "building up energy" part I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda on the move View Post
I'm fuzzy on why it matter what they are doing or whether or not there is a *problem*. For each of us, our work is ourselves, not our extended family.
Oh yeah I agree, but that wasn't my point in discussing it. I said a little of this on the other thread (the one that isn't locked yet ). The reason I'm looking at them is not because I want to change them, but because I'm figuring out what I do and do not want in life. The way my father and BIL manage their financial lives is an example to me of what I do not want so I take note of the things they do that lead them to the outcomes I don't want to have.

In another example, I talk to the women on this list about things they are doing. On the one hand you could say that's them, not me and it doesn't matter to my life, but on the other hand, I am being inspired by them to figure out what I want to do and be so it does matter to me.

I don't think it's my business changing other people but I do think I can be inspired by others. "Inspired" meaning either inspired to emulate them or inspired to do things differently.

That's why I thought of "reckless action". I don't know if they are having bad results because they are "reckless" or because they aren't grateful, or because they focus too much on money or what. I just know I don't want to follow that path and I'd like to learn from them what not to do if I can. Does that make sense to anyone?


Quote:
I've been manifesting a calm and orderly home. It is a tricky manifestation because I already knew how to have it that way by being really hard on myself, but I am manifesting having it that way while enjoying the process -- while loving myself, feeling blessed to have my family, and feeling gratitude for all we have.
Ooooo, I got warm fuzzies there
post #91 of 927
I absolutely LOVE IT, cap'n! Thank you so very much!!

LOL, having someone write a Forward was a stroke of genius, koalamama.



Thank you, mamas. All of you, in fact, for all the support and uplifting help.
post #92 of 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
So. . if you think there's potential, I mean *really feeeel it* then continue dating the person. If you don't, then move on to the next.

You'll know. If there is a question like, maaaybe he's okay, or maaaybe he'd be the right one, cut him off now. There are no *maybes* when you've found the right one.
Yeah... I generally know they're not. But I love going on dates, and I do have fun! If I keep my mind focused on only the fun I am having NOW, can I still do it? :

Ha ha, the thing is, most of the guys I hang out with just want something casual anyway (I did learn not to sleep with them. TMI? ), so it works out great for us.

Am I doing a "good is the enemy of great"?
post #93 of 927
I would say that the dating process is a way to weed out who you are interested in a relationship with. How would you know if you didn't date them?
post #94 of 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Devon* View Post
Yeah... I generally know they're not. But I love going on dates, and I do have fun! If I keep my mind focused on only the fun I am having NOW, can I still do it? :

Ha ha, the thing is, most of the guys I hang out with just want something casual anyway (I did learn not to sleep with them. TMI? ), so it works out great for us.

Am I doing a "good is the enemy of great"?
You know, I responded before based on my experience, and my experience was a lot of time spent *knowing* that the men I was with (though they were good men) just were not THE ONE, yk? But, if I hadn't spent my time this way, I would not have met dh. (Of course, if I had tried to manifest him sooner, the Universe would have responded sooner .. . )

So . . . all that to say, : I do think that you need to do the obligatory dating thing while the Universe is preparing you (and him) to meet! Just don't get caught up knowing that someone is not right, because then you'll forget about manifesting the REAL one. Make sense?
post #95 of 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
I would say that the dating process is a way to weed out who you are interested in a relationship with. How would you know if you didn't date them?
Oh trust me, I often know before we even go out!

But I continue to date them anyway, because we have a good time together.
It's not that I am trying to force anything, I really do have a great time. And I don't think any of them are thinking it's something serious either. (It sounds like there's a lot. There's not, it's just like 2 or 3 guys I hang out with. And one I definitely decided was bad for me so we don't talk to him anymore)

I love to flirt, and what better place than a date?
post #96 of 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
So . . . all that to say, : I do think that you need to do the obligatory dating thing while the Universe is preparing you (and him) to meet! Just don't get caught up knowing that someone is not right, because then you'll forget about manifesting the REAL one. Make sense?
post #97 of 927
Well, I found a couple minutes to do the placemat exercise this morning; first attempt, ds interrupted, but then dh was reading him a book, and I seized the moment. There's very little on my side and a lot on the Universe's side, including getting the kitty to use the box, and getting me into a good mood. And I am feeling a lot better than yesterday....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonCC View Post
I feel like I hit a nerve with the term "reckless" Sorry!
I like it, because it reminded me of how I once met a guy at a party and when he was leaving he was talking to somebody else about his upcoming drive home to CA (from MA), and how he was going to camp out in the desert... and I said "Want a passenger?" and he gave me his phone number.

Later, while I was living in CA, sometimes when people asked me "So what brought you to California?" I'd tell them the truth "A cute guy with a van!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonCC View Post
But for a more positive note . . . . . look what I did today! And it's because of you guys that I got off my butt and actually did it!
Beautiful, Shannon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittleWonders View Post
Totally reminds me of Mary Poppins. The boys and I just watched her the other day ... when she first arrives, she shows them how to clean the room with a snap of the fingers. I think I'll do like you and actually visualize myself doing that rather than just wishing I were like Mary Poppins.
Recently that movie was playing in a kids' consignment shop where ds and I were, and I caught the part with the dancing chimney sweeps, and then Mary Poppins takes the kids inside and their dad is all sputtering and demands that she explain herself. Mary turns around, with a big smudge of soot on her cheek, and says Let me make one thing clear; I never explain myself!"

dsd says when she was little (she's 14 now) Mary Poppins was her favorite movie because there was no bad guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Devon* View Post
: Just think of it like a party... you wouldn't try to simultaneously participate in every conversation going on. Just mingle! Otherwise you'll get completely drowned in all the wonderful thoughts and discussions.
oooh... Devon, I love that! LoA Manifesting Party! Just callus the party girls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amris View Post
Procrastination doesn't really exist. It indicates a 'lack of action,' as does laziness (which also doesn't exist).

In reality, it is impossible for humans to exist in a state of non-action.

If you sit on your butt and watch TV instead of doing your "chore," then that's an action, a choice. You are ACTIVELY choosing on a continual basis to perform the action of sitting on your butt watching TV.

In order to overcome the inertia of CHOOSING to delay something, you must first recognize everything as a choice. So, stop yourself periodically and ask yourself, "Am I making a strengthening decision that will further my goals, or am I making a weakening decision that will take me further away from my goals?"

When you percieve yourself as "procrastinating," what you are really doing is making consistent weakening decisions.

Every weakening decision you make makes it easier to make weakening choices. Every strengthening decision you make, makes it easier to make strengthening choices on a more consistent basis.

So each time you think of making a strong decision and it seems difficult, remind yourself, "Just do it this time. Next time, it will be easier." And so on.

Procrastination and laziness are the state of making continual bad choices:

These two quotes are my favorite on this issue:

Success is a matter of a few simple disciplines, practiced every day. Failure is a few errors in judgement, repeated every day.
- Jim Rohn

First comes the thought; then comes the word.
The word becomes the deed, and eventually the deed becomes habit.
Slowly, habit hardens into character.
Wow, Amris. That is so true! :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
Here I am again!

I had today planned to work on my site. I was all set. Inspired! Anxious (in a good way) and Ready!

Problems.

The hosting co. is having "issues" and so I can't get in to work on it.

:

Boy, oh boy, when I am finally able to get going on this, it is going to be INCREDIBLE!
By Thursday morning Mercury will be direct!: (and maybe the banana will start moving again! ) Until then, re-think, re-try, re-consider, re-quest more info. etc.

And during the many minutes it took me to type this post, the universe definitely fulfilled my request to get me buzzing; I was and ds stopped looked over my shoulder at the bananas in the hanging baskets and said "Buh Buh Buh Buh Banna!" I laughed and said it back at him, lifting him into the air on Banna! and at his request did this over and over, with different tones and tunes until we were both in fits of giggles. Vibration raised.
post #98 of 927
If you are having a good time and forming your ideas about what you DO want from a relationship, then I think dating is a good thing. And I have heard stories of people who didn't even want to go on a date ending up happily married.
post #99 of 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Devon* View Post
Yeah... I generally know they're not. But I love going on dates, and I do have fun! If I keep my mind focused on only the fun I am having NOW, can I still do it? :

Ha ha, the thing is, most of the guys I hang out with just want something casual anyway (I did learn not to sleep with them. TMI? ), so it works out great for us.

Am I doing a "good is the enemy of great"?
Having fun is having fun. I dated lots of people before dh, was even married before. Most of them were wonderful in various ways, a couple are still friends. And when I find myself with regrets, I use THANKS. But mostly I think it's fun to have the memories and the stories and the experiences that have made me who I am. Because finding THE ONE is not, imho, the only point.

There's Pete Seeger song about being old that goes, in part:
"How do I know my youth is all spent
My get up and go has got up and went
But in spite of it all I'm able to grin
and think of the places my get-up has been!"

I figure I'll be able to do that! And I imagine you will too.
post #100 of 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zannalyn View Post
By Thursday morning Mercury will be direct!: (and maybe the banana will start moving again! ) Until then, re-think, re-try, re-consider, re-quest more info. etc.

And during the many minutes it took me to type this post, the universe definitely fulfilled my request to get me buzzing; I was and ds stopped looked over my shoulder at the bananas in the hanging baskets and said "Buh Buh Buh Buh Banna!" I laughed and said it back at him, lifting him into the air on Banna! and at his request did this over and over, with different tones and tunes until we were both in fits of giggles. Vibration raised.
Aha! Zannalyn! Thank you so much for reminding me! :

Whew! I totally feel better now, like it's not *me*. I mean I've really been doing some soul searching here and have even been *trying* to find blocks to my momentum.

Hopefully, I'll be able to get something done on it today. Right now I'm working on an article about healthy packed lunches.

So DEVON, I *am* doing something, and you should be too!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Spirituality
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Talk Amongst Ourselves › Spirituality › Your Wish is My Command - LoA March 4-10