or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Talk Amongst Ourselves › Spirituality › March 25-31, Marvelous Manifesting Mamas
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

March 25-31, Marvelous Manifesting Mamas - Page 30

post #581 of 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMama View Post
My decluttering continues to move along. A couple days may go by with no action, but then I get right back on track and continue. I'm strongly attracting a reality which includes all our dump stuff to the dump by the magical deadline April 17. (though I don't much understand why the date is so important, I do like having a goal in mind, and this one is coming soon, so it really puts my powers to the test) I signed up as Super Mama and and I intend to flex my super powers as I clean up, clear out, and sanctify my home. What's sanctify? I hope that's good!

Cheers!
Nice! Sounds like a great day!!

April 17th is the date of the Aries new moon... I'm not sure of the details, but I know it is the "astrological" new year, like the stars all get a fresh start so we do too. That's why it's the most powerful time to Treasure Map! Is everyone getting ready?

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain crunchy View Post

*only good things happen to us*
Abso-f'in-lutely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zannalyn View Post
And, yes, I know a little about relationship charts.
What's your LoA prediction for a Leo girl and a Virgo Boy with a Pisces moon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonCC View Post
We had an awesome day today I (for lack of a better word) "blessed" our snack food while I was making it this afternoon. In my head I talked to it, thanked the carrots for letting us eat them, for being so yummy, for being full of vitamins and minerals and beta carotene. Repeat for the cucumbers, repeat for the olives, etc. It felt very nice When I washed the dishes I even thanked the pot for cooking our food and thought about how we got it for a wedding present. I can only imagine the looks I'd get from dh if I did this out loud,

Ok name a day! Quick before I get too shy and delete this Do you know someplace between you and Union Cty where we could meet for coffee or something? Menlo Park Mall, Woodbridge Mall? We could do the thing from Ask/Given and walk around the mall with crisp $100 bills in our pockets looking at things and saying "I could buy that if I wanted . . . " I just need to arrange with my mom or MIL to take my lovely children because othewise we wouldn't get a word in edgewise
I love the idea of you talking to your food! How cute is that??

Well, two things would line up to attract us getting together -- 1) my good friend who I'm supposed to get together with this week, lives in Edison so I'm coming up thataway one day anyway. 2) A Boy lives in Union Cty too, so maybe if we make plans one day I can use it as an excuse to visit him not that I need one. He is a cop in Summit and he lives in the town right next to it. Is that near you?

*Lights out* ladies, have a great night!!
post #582 of 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Devon* View Post
He is a cop in Summit and he lives in the town right next to it. Is that near you?
Uh, now I'm wondering if I live in the same town as the Boy (insert twilight zone music here )
post #583 of 753
I'm trying to figure out why I'm feeling so irritated with dh! He wants a new car. Well, he really must get one, considering he now drives an hour each way to work and his car has somewhere around 250,000 miles and is limping along. He wants a mustang, which bugs the crap out of me! I run those numbers through my head and freak! We're still paying on our van for two more years (It was not cheap- full size, 2003, we have a high payment). And insurance and upkeep on a sportscar. OMG, I can't even think about it! We JUST manage to scrape by now. I've been trying to let it go and trust that he'll get it if and when he's supposed to, but he just called me from work to tell me how he is ready to buy the car!??!

So what do I do? Would the loa tell me to let it go and it will work out? Because honestly right now I have things that come before an early-midlife-crisis car, such as mortgage and food! I have no problem working on manifesting money that will be used for things like that, but when he talks about this car, I feel like it would be tossing money away and making HUGE sacrifices just so he could look good in a car.

BTW, he truly does not care what I think about this. He has said he's decided this is what he's going to do and there is no way I can talk him out of it.

Did I mention he got rear ended in my van and never got it fixed? And that the rear view mirror fell off and he promised to fix it right away and never did?

Arrgh. Has anyone seen my buzz? Help, help!
post #584 of 753
ShannonCC - your talk of decluttering reminded me that we are actually approaching rather rapidly April 17th! For so long, that date seemed SOOO far away, and now I realize it's right around the corner. We are almost done decluttering the house ... the backyard and the garage need to both be finished though. We made really good headway in the garage, but dh and I both have a handful of boxes from college time and a bit after that we need to clear out of here. The hardest part is trying to find the time with three little boys underfoot. Of course, right now, dh has the older two at the pool for swim lessons and the littlest one is sleeping, but I don't *feel* like decluttering, cleaning, or folding any laundry!

Otherwise, I've been in a funk since yesterday evening and I realized tonight it was because I've been frustrated with dh. Yesterday was a good day until dh got home from work ... he was exhausted (long story but he was up until almost 6am the night before) and really wanted to go to bed at like 8pm. I got mad because I didn't want to deal with trying to get all three boys in bed by myself, especially considering the baby is usually up 3+ times before really being "down" for the night, and that is only until he wakes about 11 or 12 to eat. So ... I digress. I ended up getting to the heart of it tonight with dh ... even though he's been doing things for me to show me how much he loves me, it's not what I need. He stays up late and gets the dishwasher loaded and ran, he'll stay up and do a couple loads of laundry for me or he'll make sure to go play with the kids when he gets home outside to give me some quiet ... but when all is said and done, I end up feeling abandoned because what I really need is just him, if that makes sense. I want to be able to get the kids in bed finally and just sit and be with him ... talk, watch a movie, have him rub my feet ... but I need to recharge at the end of a day, not go to bed by myself again and have him stay up and do things because he loves me. But of course, now he's all bugged with me because I'm not loving and appreciating what he's been sacrificing for me and I'm all bugged because he's not doing what I need, which is just being with me. Ugh ... we tend to get to this place every 6 months or so ... So, after going to bed bugged with him last night, I woke still bugged and had an off day with the boys (not all bad, but unfortunately when I'm analyzing myself, I remember much more clearly the not-so-nice times, yk?). And now he's out with the boys swimming and I'm hoping that when he gets home, we can get them in bed and just talk nicely.

Oh, and yea, now he tells me that I'm withholding my love because I "love" my message board more than him ... UGH ... I'm so mad that I don't even want to see it his way yet. I know I need to get past the emotion and take his point of view and be sympathetic. But I feel like I need to hold onto the anger to be justified, yk? It almost turns into a competition thing and if I let go of the anger then I'll have to admit "defeat" and I'll "lose." Does this make any sense to anyone? Other than writing a "gratitude" list for him, which I know works as I've done it before, whatelse might I do here because I'm not yet in a place where I feel like writing a gratitude list.
post #585 of 753
Jen, s to you. My very first thought reading is this is part of his working through (or maybe more likely ignoring) his grief. In some way, this car and buying it come h*ll or high water is the only thing he can control right now ... maybe emotionally he feels that if he lets go of controlling something he'll lose complete control of everything? (Just totally guessing here ... correct me if I'm wrong.) Not that it helps you in terms of paying mortgage or food, or that it's okay for him to just go willy-nilly with financing and money and buy a sports car. But, maybe to first get into his heart and see the deeper reason for this might help build the bridge for talking about it. And I don't think LoA would necessarily mandate that you throw your arms up and say, "OK, do what you wish." We have a gut instinct/intuition for a reason and there are times that we need to heed that. Now, maybe you can use LoA to focus on the prosperity needed to grant your dh's wish. But, it's like what James Ray said on Oprah that time ... you can be positive thinking all you want about having millions of dollars while they come and reposess (sp?) your house and furniture.

But beyond all that ... I just hear of a dh that is hurting so deeply and really doesn't know what to do with that hurt, and fears going out of control if he gives into that hurt or tries to process it. So, buying a brand new (I picture red) sports car and saying "to h*ll with it all" is his way of controlling something in his life. Sorry I'm not much more of a help ...
post #586 of 753
Wow. I just watched What the Bleep and wow.

Devon, have you seen this b/c I totally picture you like the sister in the film (okay, maybe not as ditzy, but fun-loving and free-spirited like her.)

Who else has seen this? Woweee. That's all I can come up with to say about it right now. :
post #587 of 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot mama View Post
I'm trying to figure out why I'm feeling so irritated with dh! He wants a new car. Well, he really must get one, considering he now drives an hour each way to work and his car has somewhere around 250,000 miles and is limping along. He wants a mustang, which bugs the crap out of me! I run those numbers through my head and freak! We're still paying on our van for two more years (It was not cheap- full size, 2003, we have a high payment). And insurance and upkeep on a sportscar. OMG, I can't even think about it! We JUST manage to scrape by now. I've been trying to let it go and trust that he'll get it if and when he's supposed to, but he just called me from work to tell me how he is ready to buy the car!??!

So what do I do? Would the loa tell me to let it go and it will work out? Because honestly right now I have things that come before an early-midlife-crisis car, such as mortgage and food! I have no problem working on manifesting money that will be used for things like that, but when he talks about this car, I feel like it would be tossing money away and making HUGE sacrifices just so he could look good in a car.

BTW, he truly does not care what I think about this. He has said he's decided this is what he's going to do and there is no way I can talk him out of it.

Did I mention he got rear ended in my van and never got it fixed? And that the rear view mirror fell off and he promised to fix it right away and never did?

Arrgh. Has anyone seen my buzz? Help, help!

Can you make a deal that if you get your van fixed he can have the car and then just try to turn the $ worries over to the Universe to handle?
post #588 of 753
We want to watch it ... our neighbors have it and said we can borrow it ... it's just a matter of actually going down there and knocking on the door. It's also in my amazon shopping cart. They (our neighbors who had very cutely told dh a while back that he and I have to see this new movie because it will change our lives and it's called The Secret) said that What the Bleep was even better in their opinion. I need a change from just watching The Secret, though from the basis of my last post, I could use a Secret refresher.
post #589 of 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittleWonders View Post
We want to watch it ... our neighbors have it and said we can borrow it ... it's just a matter of actually going down there and knocking on the door. It's also in my amazon shopping cart. They (our neighbors who had very cutely told dh a while back that he and I have to see this new movie because it will change our lives and it's called The Secret) said that What the Bleep was even better in their opinion. I need a change from just watching The Secret, though from the basis of my last post, I could use a Secret refresher.
Whoa! Secret refresher it is! It's like a mind expander.

I'm also listening to How To Talk To God (I think that's the title) by Depak Chopra and : my brain has too much to process btw. that and What the Bleep.

Go borrow it! Lmk what you think!

We could start a whole new thread about that movie alone. Wow.
post #590 of 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittleWonders View Post
Jen, s to you. My very first thought reading is this is part of his working through (or maybe more likely ignoring) his grief. In some way, this car and buying it come h*ll or high water is the only thing he can control right now ... maybe emotionally he feels that if he lets go of controlling something he'll lose complete control of everything? (Just totally guessing here ... correct me if I'm wrong.) Not that it helps you in terms of paying mortgage or food, or that it's okay for him to just go willy-nilly with financing and money and buy a sports car. But, maybe to first get into his heart and see the deeper reason for this might help build the bridge for talking about it. And I don't think LoA would necessarily mandate that you throw your arms up and say, "OK, do what you wish." We have a gut instinct/intuition for a reason and there are times that we need to heed that. Now, maybe you can use LoA to focus on the prosperity needed to grant your dh's wish. But, it's like what James Ray said on Oprah that time ... you can be positive thinking all you want about having millions of dollars while they come and reposess (sp?) your house and furniture.

But beyond all that ... I just hear of a dh that is hurting so deeply and really doesn't know what to do with that hurt, and fears going out of control if he gives into that hurt or tries to process it. So, buying a brand new (I picture red) sports car and saying "to h*ll with it all" is his way of controlling something in his life. Sorry I'm not much more of a help ...
This makes perfect sense to me. Unfortunately! Thank you
I wonder if I could strike some sort of a deal with him. Perhaps he'd be willing to have another car in between the really old one he has now and that brand new mustang. I'm seeing our life unfold in baby steps, I guess, and he's anticipating leaps and bounds, but without any real plan for that to happen. You know that saying~ God moves the mountain, but you have to bring the shovel? I think he forgot his shovel. Not that it has to necessarily be a ton of work, but that he has a part in it as well. That's how I understand the loa, anyway. My experience thus far is that doors open for me and I receive things when I am open to receiving them, but I'm not sitting here on my butt doing nothing.

I better stop, I'm rambling now!
post #591 of 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
Wow. I just watched What the Bleep and wow.

Devon, have you seen this b/c I totally picture you like the sister in the film (okay, maybe not as ditzy, but fun-loving and free-spirited like her.)

Who else has seen this? Woweee. That's all I can come up with to say about it right now. :

I own it Love it
It's homeopathic
post #592 of 753
Oooo ... a homeopathic movie??? That is so totally up my alley!
post #593 of 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
Wow. I just watched What the Bleep and wow.

Devon, have you seen this b/c I totally picture you like the sister in the film (okay, maybe not as ditzy, but fun-loving and free-spirited like her.)

Who else has seen this? Woweee. That's all I can come up with to say about it right now. :
I keep meaning to get it! I'll put it at the top of my Netflix list right now!
post #594 of 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by fremontmama View Post
I could worship French toast! As long as there is real maple syrup involved, I am there! This thread makes me think about yummy food! I mean teriyaki, flaky pastry and french toast today, cookies, biscuits etc yesterday. Oh, and Ben and Jerry's! I found some of that Willie Nelson Peach Cobbler the other day! Chaching! The first store I went to didn't have it and the Ben and Jerry's was $4.59 ! The next store had the Willie Nelson flavor and they were only $3.59! : It's super yummy, thanks for whoever brought that up weeks ago
I would love to manifest an ability to eat any of these things -- I can't do wheat or dairy, so these are all pie in the sky to me, :LOL . funny thing is, though, I really don't miss the ice cream like I thought I would. Most of the time.

To the Seattle mama who manifested our perfect weather: thanks! I had just asked for a day above 65 and we got one (or close, anyway). Maybe that was me?
post #595 of 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zannalyn View Post
Talking is so much easier than typing; I don't second guess myself so much!
I thought this was funny, in a good way. I love the typing...and talking makes me nervous... I realize this is why we're all doing it our own way....lol...
post #596 of 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
Wow. I just watched What the Bleep and wow.

Devon, have you seen this b/c I totally picture you like the sister in the film (okay, maybe not as ditzy, but fun-loving and free-spirited like her.)

Who else has seen this? Woweee. That's all I can come up with to say about it right now. :
I've had this movie sitting on my dresser for over a year and a half and haven't watched it. The one time I tried to watch it I wasn't feeling well and fell asleep. I ended up just buying it from Blockbuster... and never got around to watching it again. :

I'll have to make it a point to watch it next week. Thanks for the nudge.
post #597 of 753
Just saying hi. I've only skimmed.
Exam went well.
Now I'm in school all day today and tomorrow, so I won't be around much.
Hope all is well and I hope the Florida group has fun together this weekend!
post #598 of 753
Good morning! Where are my chatty LoA friends? Sleeping in?


Pat
post #599 of 753
I can't believe you haven't ALL seen What the Bleep! You must put it on your TO DO for the weekend.
post #600 of 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
Good morning! Where are my chatty LoA friends? Sleeping in?


Pat
I WISH!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Spirituality
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Talk Amongst Ourselves › Spirituality › March 25-31, Marvelous Manifesting Mamas