I wanna play too!!!!!!!!!!!!
So far I've been lurking and working up the nerve to join in on the fun. I think its a great motivational tool having others here to keep you in check. I actually just took pictures of my office/playroom and am working on getting them uploaded...
So here goes...
MY OFFICE BEDROOM(playroom) PICTURE TOURhttp://www.flickr.com/photos/7699216...7600054860089/
WHAT I LIKE BEST ABOUT MY OFFICE AREA (Include a picture!)
Hmmm...I love the windows and the light they let in. I cannot stand a dark room.
WHAT I LIKE LEAST ABOUT MY OFFICE BEDROOM
The fact that it's a catch-all room. Its the only room with a door that we can quickly hide stuff from company...just throw it in and close the door. My desk is a wreck and I hate even sitting at it because the piles just overwhelm me.
HOT SPOTS (spots in your room that tend to collect clutter)
The desk...its horrible. The middle of the floor. There are tubs and boxes of crap that have been waiting to be gone thru for almost a year...and thats just since we've moved in. They were in storage for almost 2 years prior. WE really don't NEED any of it, we've just been to lazy/busy to deal with it so we climb over it.
MY PLAN OF ACTION - here is where you can be as aggressive or laid back as you like. If you want to list a series of goals
1. Clean off desk and file the paper clutter or trash it. Get some sort of system to separate the incoming bills that need dealt with from the outgoing things.
2. Rearrange computer equipment on my desk. Right now something has popped the back of the desk loose and is poking into my window and it drives me crazy. I wanna fix it. The way the desk is arranged just isn't making the best use of the space available.
3.Go thru and get rid of crap in boxes in the middle of the floor. I don't even know whats in them so I probably don't need any of it.
4. Go thru DS's toys and get rid of the ones he doesnt play with anymore. I want him to have an organized playroom with easy access to his stuff but also have it be easy to straighten up when hes done playing.
5. I need to vacuum in here really bad, and maybe even shampoo the carpet because I think one of my dogs baptised the floor a couple of months ago and when it gets really hot outside....the smell reminds me.
6. DH actually went thru his closet today and pulled out some clothes he wants to get rid of...YAY. I need to go thru the bags in the bottom of the closet again and thin them out some more. They are full of maternity clothes from when I was preg with DS almost 2 years ago and no current plans for another kid so I don't need all those bags of clothes at the moment.
7. I'm going to move the over the door ironing board hanger to DH"s closet door because it doesnt get opened and closed NEARLY as frequently as the main door and the ironing board slams into the door every time it is moved and its LOUD!
I think thats about it for the room. The biggest challenge for me will be the desk because it is a HUGE monster of a desk and i cant move it so when i rearrange the comp equipment, im gonna need some help.
I actually went thru a foot tall pile of paper clutter on my desk today and its all filed away now, either in files or the trash so ive technically already started. I really hope I can get this room in working order with everyones encouragement here.
Looking forward to decluttering with you all.