or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Welcome to Mothering! › Connect With Other Moms › Moms In Your Area › Indiana, Ohio, Michigan › Searching for chicken pox in Ann Arbor, MI
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Searching for chicken pox in Ann Arbor, MI - Page 2

post #21 of 41
Bumping, since the pox seems to be making the MDC rounds in other parts of the country and we're still looking!
post #22 of 41
My kids just had some CP lollipops so hopefully they'll have it in a 2-3 weeks.
post #23 of 41
Hey, congratulations!

It took two tries to get pox for DD and three tries for DS. Lollipops and shared drink bottles didn't work. I think it was the playing under a parachute, getting a direct sneeze, and sharing a bath that finally got the ball rolling at our house.

You might share the wealth over on the Motheringartsannarbormichigan yahoo group - they were looking for them, I think. Or was it the babywearers? Lots of cross-over so it could be anyone!

Once your LOs are itchy, we found oatmeal baths (real oatmeal in a sock, no Aveeno necessary) and homeopathic rhus tox to really help. Good luck!
post #24 of 41
We'll come over for a playdate! Let me know please!


post #25 of 41
Great! I've been looking for them for a while. Could we meet your family for a playdate or lollipop if your DCs get them? Funny how CP seems to arrive in A2 at the end of the summer right before school starts. One of the last rounds of CP that I heard of arrived a week and a half before school started.
post #26 of 41
I'm in Garden City, but interested!
post #27 of 41
Can someone help me on this question? I have a friend coming over tomorrow for a playdate - she just called and said her children were exposed to the pox on Friday. Will they be contagious to my children tomorrow? I'm all for getting the pox, but am a little nervous since we are going on a long planned trip at the beginning of Sept. - I really don't want it then! What do you think?
post #28 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleblessed View Post
Can someone help me on this question? I have a friend coming over tomorrow for a playdate - she just called and said her children were exposed to the pox on Friday. Will they be contagious to my children tomorrow? I'm all for getting the pox, but am a little nervous since we are going on a long planned trip at the beginning of Sept. - I really don't want it then! What do you think?
I'd say probably not. The incubation period for chicken pox is between 10 and 21 days, and I believe that a child with chicken pox is contagious beginning a few days before they break out and continuing until their spots have scabbed over. So if they were exposed Friday, the soonest they should be breaking out is *next* Monday, in which case they could be contagious as early as, say, this Friday-or-so.

(I've been doing lots of thinking about this because my kids were exposed alongside hottmama's last week, and we have friends and neighbors who *don't* want us to share.)
post #29 of 41
I'd like to get my son exposed to CP. We're in Ann Arbor, if anyone has it or knows someone who has it, post here or on motheringarts or PM me, please!
post #30 of 41
Ok, either my 5 yr. old has chickenpox or he was attacked by a swarm of mosquitoes as he slept last night (in the same bed as his brother, who so far has no bumps). I'm assuming it's chickenpox but I should know for sure tomorrow.
If anyone wants to come by, he'll probably be contagious for the next week. And I'm hoping my little guy breaks out soon, because I'd really rather not have one poxy kid now and one in 2 weeks, but since he hasn't shown signs yet, there'll be a little extra length of contagion at least.
PM me to set up a playdate.
post #31 of 41
Oooh, this may be our last chance to get them before school starts!! Now would be a perfect time. I will PM you later. Would you mind if I brought all 4 over though? I would love them all to get it at the same time rather than 1 after another due to school.
post #32 of 41
:
post #33 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnrsmom View Post
Oooh, this may be our last chance to get them before school starts!! Now would be a perfect time. I will PM you later. Would you mind if I brought all 4 over though? I would love them all to get it at the same time rather than 1 after another due to school.
Oh yeah, no problem!
It's definitely the pox. He had 20 this morning and has 40 now (!!!). He's in good spirits but I won't let them outside because some of our neighbors don't want their little ones exposed, so anyone who wants to come over to play is welcome! He isn't sneezing or coughing, but he'd be happy to lick suckers, straws, hold hands, breathe on, etc. any interested parties.
post #34 of 41
Awesome! Mind if I call you next week?



post #35 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by 636Jen View Post
Awesome! Mind if I call you next week?



Go for it! He should be nice and contagious until at least Wednesday. And hopefully Luka will get with the CP program soon!
Tomorrow, Monday, or Wednesday are best for me.
post #36 of 41
CRUD. We are going camping in two weeks, so I think we'll have to wait. Who ever gets them next, please post!
post #37 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by hottmama View Post
Oh yeah, no problem!
It's definitely the pox. He had 20 this morning and has 40 now (!!!). He's in good spirits but I won't let them outside because some of our neighbors don't want their little ones exposed, so anyone who wants to come over to play is welcome! He isn't sneezing or coughing, but he'd be happy to lick suckers, straws, hold hands, breathe on, etc. any interested parties.
Is almost 2 (21 months) a safe age for chicken pox? I've heard people say littler ones tend to deal with them better then say elementary school age. Mine is still BFing a lot- do you think he would have a chance to actually catch them? I'm in northern michigan- quite a long haul to A2, but I'd be willing to drive pretty much anywhere in MI, even with gas prices so high.
post #38 of 41
post #39 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2landon View Post
Is almost 2 (21 months) a safe age for chicken pox? I've heard people say littler ones tend to deal with them better then say elementary school age. Mine is still BFing a lot- do you think he would have a chance to actually catch them? I'm in northern michigan- quite a long haul to A2, but I'd be willing to drive pretty much anywhere in MI, even with gas prices so high.
My 21-month-old is just getting over chicken pox (I'm quite sure she's no longer contagious, or I'd invite you out), and she's had such a mild case that it took me several days to even believe that was what it was. She never seemed sick or feverish--had a few little scratching/fussing spells in her sleep, but otherwise totally fine--and probably only had 50 or so spots. At first I thought she had just gotten a few different-looking mosquito bites, but then they began multiplying, and she got a few in places that I *knew* she hadn't been bitten by a mosquito (labia, butt, et cetera), and although she wasn't scratching them, many of them eventually scabbed over.

Anyway, all that to say that while it's purely anecdotal, she had a super-easy and mild case!
post #40 of 41
Bump... anything local to Waterford/Ann Arbor/Howell?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Indiana, Ohio, Michigan
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Welcome to Mothering! › Connect With Other Moms › Moms In Your Area › Indiana, Ohio, Michigan › Searching for chicken pox in Ann Arbor, MI