or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2004 - 2008  › April 2007 › Heading to the hospital ...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Heading to the hospital ...

post #1 of 21
Thread Starter 
for a version attempt. Please keep your fingers crossed for us. I'm trying to hold out some hope that we'll still get our u/c whenever baby is ready to come on her own, but it's fading fast. I have no idea still how I'll decline a hospital induction if they successfully turn her. I have no problem declining a section if she won't turn, and my mw said she'll support me in that, so that's a relief. I'm just ready for this month to be over: the house-building, the moving, dh's school & new job, the breech-baby issues .... my focus is so split I can't get ANYTHING accomplished the way I wanted/needed to.

:
post #2 of 21
i hope it goes well!
post #3 of 21
turn baby
post #4 of 21
Oh, I hope it goes well for you- although I hope you get what you want! I'm sorry it's been hard for you with so many things going on-
A
post #5 of 21
Good luck mama! I hope that little one turns...
Anika
post #6 of 21
Thinking of you!
post #7 of 21
turn baby!!
post #8 of 21
Hang in there mama!
post #9 of 21
Thinking of you momma, really, really, really hope the lil' one turns!!!!
post #10 of 21
Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
post #11 of 21
i hoped she's turned heathenmom!
post #12 of 21
Thread Starter 
Well, she turned from complete breech to transverse. She was tolerating the procedure very well, but they couldn't get her any farther so they stopped, leaving her there. Which of course means that - if she doesn't move back - the only way out is via c/s AND my risk of prolapsed cord just went up. : They (the mw & ob) expect me to call back today to schedule my c-section, preferably for tomorrow.

I cannot stop crying. I know that there are plenty of mamas that plan sections, don't have a problem with them, etc. But I have fought so FREAKING hard to have this baby at home. It's just not fair. Even if she were to turn, at this point dh is so freaked out about the risk of prolapsed cord and other complications if we stay home (I'd only do this if she returned to her original Frank breech position) that he just wants me to schedule the section. I don't think he fully understands the implications of that: that he will be working full-time and going to school full time and I will be at home with a 2 y/o and a newborn recovering from major abdominal surgery trying to finish unpacking and getting moved into our new house. Just thinking about the situation we're facing right now makes me want to throw up. Literally.

I know that there are mamas in this ddc who are facing MUCH, MUCH worse difficulties with sick babies, etc. I understand that my situation must pale in comparison and I know I should be grateful that my baby and I are both healthy at this point and I should just suck it up and schedule the section, since that's what at this point is most likely to result in a good outcome for everybody. I'm just paralyzed with fear.
post #13 of 21
I am sorry! How completely frustrating. I would be freaking out too. I don't think anyone judges you for being completely distraught and mad. Think on it a few days perhaps the thought of a section will not be so daunting then. Again, I am so sorry. :
post #14 of 21
Just remember that no matter how she comes, as long as she is healthy, it is all that matters!
I had to be induced for suspected IUGR and was not too happy about it. Even then the baby came out 4 weeks early and with NO signs of IUGR at all.
we are still facing jaundice problems, but in the end I would have done anything to get her here safe and sound. It is hard to give up your birth plan, but in the end holding that sweet smelling newborn, you will soon forget and relish each day she is here, no matter what her method of arrival.
Good luck with your decision who knows maybe she will turn for you!
post #15 of 21
I just wanted to post to validate your feelings. Yes, your thoughts and feelings on this do matter and are relevant. We all want healthy babies, that is a given, but there are other things to consider as well. I am praying like crazy that your baby turns so your do not have to face this stress.
post #16 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchy_mama View Post
I just wanted to post to validate your feelings. Yes, your thoughts and feelings on this do matter and are relevant. We all want healthy babies, that is a given, but there are other things to consider as well. I am praying like crazy that your baby turns so your do not have to face this stress.
: Oh heathenmom I am so sorry! I really hope she turns back! I wonder if a breech tilt (birthing from with in) would incouurage her to do so?
post #17 of 21
post #18 of 21
It just plain sucks! Don't compare your situation to others or feel guilty for it worrying you! It is stressful and it stinks!

Lot's of hugs! you can do it
post #19 of 21
Good luck! Is there any chance of bub moving to the right position now, or is there still the risk of a cord prolapse even if so? When I was looking at needing a CV at 37 weeks my bub went from frank breech to transverse (by herself), then after about 5 days in transverse position turned herself the right way, so it's not too late for you.

Good luck, whatever the outcome!
post #20 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzydotes View Post
Good luck! Is there any chance of bub moving to the right position now, or is there still the risk of a cord prolapse even if so? When I was looking at needing a CV at 37 weeks my bub went from frank breech to transverse (by herself), then after about 5 days in transverse position turned herself the right way, so it's not too late for you.

Good luck, whatever the outcome!
Anything is possible, but my hcps aren't giving us much hope. She's probably going to be a big baby, I'm already past my edd, my fluid levels are dropping which makes it harder for her to turn on her own, and she's shown no signs at all of flipping head-down and engaging at this point. All of those things are strikes against us. I'm trying not to lose hope, but on the other hand it looks like I'm going to have to suck it up and get comfortable with the idea of a surgical birth.

Thanks for everybody's support.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: April 2007
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2004 - 2008  › April 2007 › Heading to the hospital ...