or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2004 - 2008  › April 2007 › It's mid April who is still pregnant?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

It's mid April who is still pregnant? - Page 8

post #141 of 153
There... I've made it to 500 posts... the baby will decide that the time is right to come out now, right? RIGHT?!?!

LOL... ahh... I guess I could be convinced to wait another couple days patiently in return for some BFL yarn as a prize... or maybe some malabrigo. But longer than that... no prize.
post #142 of 153
Well today is my day. I have decided that I will be going into labor and having my baby today. My edd is Friday. Why today? Because one day I went to the store and all the yogurt and milk I bought had an expiration date of 4/24 so I figured it must be a sign. DH is skeptical.
post #143 of 153
42 weeks today! I woke up to a very negative email from my MIL. I copped out and forwarded it to DH and asked him to please not yell at her, because the last thing I need right now is the stress of a family fight.
post #144 of 153
I have been up since 3 am with contrax that are 8 min apart!!! I am praying this is IT!!!!!:
post #145 of 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcimama View Post
I have been up since 3 am with contrax that are 8 min apart!!! I am praying this is IT!!!!!:
Yay!

but this means no prize for you...
post #146 of 153
Good luck Marci! I hope this is it for you too!

Annette, I would have probably called my MIL and disowned her from the family.

I am 40wk 3days, and just hanging out. I had an AMAZING chiropractic adjustment today. I fel soooooo goooooood. Then I went to lunch with my midwife/friend/preceptor, and her son came along. Had a good time, and now I am home getting ready to pick up the kids from school. My midwife is coming to my house tonight at 6pm for a pre-natal.

I am having a better day than yesterday. I was very bored and lonely.
post #147 of 153
My doula keeps sending me out to walk and making me drink an herbal concoction she refers to as "Ick." She's named it that because that's what women say after they drink it.
My feet hurt, my back hurts, I have low contractions on and off, but no other signs of labor. I go in to be induced at 2:30am on the 26th if I don't get things moving on my own. Hurry up, kid!
post #148 of 153
I've labored all day. Same thing, good hard contrax each 8 min apart. But, they are getting hard to handle now. I am not sure what to make of this. But, I think we will go to the hospital soon. Excited and ready to take this on!!!
post #149 of 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcimama View Post
I've labored all day. Same thing, good hard contrax each 8 min apart. But, they are getting hard to handle now. I am not sure what to make of this. But, I think we will go to the hospital soon. Excited and ready to take this on!!!


Yea!! Hopefully by morning you'll be holding your baby. Although, you will definitely not win the prize at this point, lol!
post #150 of 153
Oh, Marci, that's great!

I'm feeling a bit blah. Went to the midwife's yesterday, and she checked me. I was only 3 cm dilated, and that was after she was digging around and tried (unsuccessfully) to strip my membranes. I tried castor oil this morning, and have nothing to show for it but a sore bottom. And I'm probably 5 pounds lighter from all the pooping, LOL! Plus I keep having flashbacks of how dreadful it tasted. I'm never doing that again.

Anyway, she said it's probably going to be a few more days. Baby is great, I'm great, but sore, so I'm trying hard to be patient.
post #151 of 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by annettemarie View Post
I'm feeling a bit blah. Went to the midwife's yesterday, and she checked me. I was only 3 cm dilated, and that was after she was digging around and tried (unsuccessfully) to strip my membranes. I tried castor oil this morning, and have nothing to show for it but a sore bottom. And I'm probably 5 pounds lighter from all the pooping, LOL! Plus I keep having flashbacks of how dreadful it tasted. I'm never doing that again.

Anyway, she said it's probably going to be a few more days. Baby is great, I'm great, but sore, so I'm trying hard to be patient.
Annette!
I am only 3 or 4 days "late", but I admit, I am getting a little antsy. It is more the phone calls and comments from other people. Yesterday, I went to the chiro, and the woman at the desk (who I actually worked with until I went on leave~she is the office manager) says "WHAT!!!??? Are you STILL pregnant? Why haven't you had that baby yet?!?!?!" I said "K, are you trying to commit suicide by pregnant chick?" She thought it was funny, but it was actually a thinly veiled threat!

I got some not-so-great news from dh about his time off of work next week, which has depressed me a bit. Apparently, it won't be as free as I expected/hoped/planned for/wanted. He may have to go into the office for periods of time, which bums me out. I was expecting to be able to hibernate for a couple of weeks, until I felt like joining the world again. I am sure it will be alright, just not what I was looking forward to.
post #152 of 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildthing View Post
I said "K, are you trying to commit suicide by pregnant chick?" She thought it was funny, but it was actually a thinly veiled threat!


Sorry to hear about your DH. That's got to be hard.
post #153 of 153
I'm assuming that marcimamma's having or had her baby since we haven't heard from her since last night.

I'm wondering exactly who's left now...maybe I should start a new thread just to find out.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: April 2007
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2004 - 2008  › April 2007 › It's mid April who is still pregnant?