or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Talk Amongst Ourselves › Spirituality › The Official 2007 Treasure Map!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official 2007 Treasure Map! - Page 10

post #181 of 543
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodcents View Post
Tracy - I asked about writing affirmations on the back of my map. I don't think you replied but maybe I missed it? The front of my map is visual with images and words. But I would like to be specific, really articulating my wants for this year. Do you think I can write those things on the back of the map? Thanks!

i totally missed that, Goodcents.. funny you should bring it up. One of my IRL friends told me yesterday that is the exact map she is making.. .she put all her affirmations on one side and visuals on the other. That way she can flip it throughout the year.

I think it is a brilliant idea.
post #182 of 543
Thread Starter 

favorite charities....

by the way-----

I went to one of my favorite charities yesterday and donated $25
It was not a lot of money but the intent was there....and that's why I did it. I hope that they will grow a lot this year.

I would highly recommend you sending a little amount to your favorite charity on aries new moon.


for those who cared, my favorite right now is KIVA. They give MICRO-LOANS.. so cool...and you get paid back.

take a look:

http://www.kiva.org/app.php


I picked a mom who runs a Taro Root farm in south pacific.
post #183 of 543
I'm going through a rough time emotionally right now. I keep trying to pull myself out of this funk so that I can work on my first TM but it's not working. So far, I've only managed to find a few small pictures from magazines/catalogs. I think I'm going to have to buy a new mag today. Nothing that I currently have seems to be doing the trick.
Is it not a good idea to work on this when you're feeling irritated/grumpy?
post #184 of 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by OdeToJoy View Post
I'm going through a rough time emotionally right now. I keep trying to pull myself out of this funk so that I can work on my first TM but it's not working. So far, I've only managed to find a few small pictures from magazines/catalogs. I think I'm going to have to buy a new mag today. Nothing that I currently have seems to be doing the trick.
Is it not a good idea to work on this when you're feeling irritated/grumpy?
I think a bunch of us were grumpy when we started. The first things I cut out were these little tiny pictures. They I found better magazines in my house (yoga journal is great for this) and I started tearing out whole pages and finding really big things.

I think once you start, it might get better.
post #185 of 543
I was so excited to TM. The anticipation was just delicious.

Then, on Tuesday, I also (like a lot of you) felt kind of low. I always feel like this when something I have been anticipating happens. I just love the anticipation so much, I am often sad when the event occurs, because I don't have it to look forward to anymore (which means I need to anticipate something else!).

Yesterday, I couldn't focus at work and ended up going home early and working on my TM. I just got SO into it and was LOVING the work.

I finished last night, and I adore my map SO much! Dh is also doing one, and we are going to put them up in our bedrooms!

Here is is! I love it!
post #186 of 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtwice View Post
Annakiss, yours is gorgeous and inspiring. Truly wonderful.

If anyone else has linked I haven't seen it. Maybe too soon.
Thanks so much! I am really excited about it! Captain crunchy linked hers here. See post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMoMpls View Post
That is so fantastic- I can see how inspiring that will be... wow if you life reflects your art this is going to be a wonderful year.
Thanks! I certainly hope so! That's great encouragement!

I'm going to print them out now and stick 'em in a small photo album thingy. I might also put them up in the kitchen. It's time to remove last year's.
post #187 of 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petersmamma View Post
I was so excited to TM. The anticipation was just delicious.

Then, on Tuesday, I also (like a lot of you) felt kind of low. I always feel like this when something I have been anticipating happens. I just love the anticipation so much, I am often sad when the event occurs, because I don't have it to look forward to anymore (which means I need to anticipate something else!).

Yesterday, I couldn't focus at work and ended up going home early and working on my TM. I just got SO into it and was LOVING the work.

I finished last night, and I adore my map SO much! Dh is also doing one, and we are going to put them up in our bedrooms!

Here is is! I love it!
It looks great!
post #188 of 543
I love seeing everyone's Treasure Maps! Thanks for sharing!

Annakiss, you have all my favorite women on your map, Inga Muscio, Ayun Halliday, Debbie Stoller! How cool!
post #189 of 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by fremontmama View Post
I love seeing everyone's Treasure Maps! Thanks for sharing!

Annakiss, you have all my favorite women on your map, Inga Muscio, Ayun Halliday, Debbie Stoller! How cool!
I think that some of those books should be sold together for single women - Cunt, Autobiography of a Blue-Eyed Devil, Stitch N Bitch, Happy Hooker, and of course Sarah Kramer's How It All Vegan, The Garden of Vegan, and La Dolce Vegan!
post #190 of 543
Those are great books! I totally agree. Autobiography of a Blue Eyed Devil rocked my world.

I forgot, I actually had Debbie Stoller the Happy Hooker on last year's Treasure Map and then I met her at a book signing. It was fun, she was really cool and nice. Oh, and I managed to make a hat from the book too. That's one of my favorite Treasure Map successes from last year.


eta, just requested La Dolce Vegan from my library
post #191 of 543
I can't wade through all 10 pages right now, can anyone tell me if it's okay to start today? Or did I have to start on Tuesday? I know we weren't supposed to start *before* the 17th...but what about after?
post #192 of 543
Bex you have until tomorrow to finish - yes you can start today.
post #193 of 543
Thanks goodcents!
post #194 of 543
I love doing these. They always turn out so different each year, and so interesting. I have been cutting out images for the past couple of days, not really looking back at what I was cutting, just clipping things.

This morning I laid everything out on my board...and it is fascinating to see what I have done. And where the images landed, how they grouped. Sometimes just letting yourself do something and not thinking about it is truly the best way to determine what you want.

Now that I have seen what I have, I have some gaps that I want to fill - but one the whole - all that is left is gluing. Today is also our wedding anniversary - so DH and I will be finishing these up tonight over special dinner.
post #195 of 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
why don't you draw your dh, you and ds. Remember it is intent.

I am not sure how we are going to get a photo together over here either.. I recently lost weight and would prefer a thinner photo..but not sure I can get DH to take it before tomorrow....i may draw me.

i think words are okay. btw.
Could I write our names and some kind of nice design around it? I am a pretty dreadful artist when it comes to drawing anything. If I have to look at it all year, I don't want to be groaning at my terrible art

Would that be ok?

Thanks.
post #196 of 543
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniperMama View Post
Could I write our names and some kind of nice design around it? I am a pretty dreadful artist when it comes to drawing anything. If I have to look at it all year, I don't want to be groaning at my terrible art

Would that be ok?

Thanks.

of course.
post #197 of 543
I can love my terrible handwriting and the imperfections in my map right????

I love my intentions, except they didn't turn out as pretty as I would have liked. I messed up some lettering. I don't really want to cut out a whole new circle and start again.

Maybe I should put "I don't need to be a perfectionist" on my map?!
post #198 of 543
I woke up from my nap and took the pictures I had cut this morning and pasted and finished my map. I finally felt good and motivated and I had the song Exactly by Amy Steinberg on repeat on my iPod while I made it.

feels good and I'm ready for the new year of positive changes on their way.
post #199 of 543
Newbie here - What do we do with the maps when they are finished?
post #200 of 543
I writing up my intentions now to put on my map:

I love truly, fully, and deeply and am loved truly, fully and deeply in return.



My home is a haven – organized, peaceful and filled with abundance.



My work is fulfilling, satisfying, profitable and a benefit to the world.



I take good care of my body and delight in healthy eating and exercise.



My heart is open to all the wonders of the universe.



My body is strong and can carry me over mountains.


Everything I need and want is within my grasp.


I have a wonderful network of people to lift me up, and friends who love me.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Spirituality
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Talk Amongst Ourselves › Spirituality › The Official 2007 Treasure Map!