or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2004 - 2008  › May 2007 › I woke up in a puddle, mama's.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I woke up in a puddle, mama's.

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
Oh my goodness! I woke up at 4 am in a puddle of clear fluid. More was dribbling as I stood to go pee. Now I'm just waiting for the contractions to become a bit more regular and stronger.

I'm kind of freaking out. I've *never* had my water break or go into labor early...nada. In fact, my last 2 births were induced! :

I'll keep ya'll posted. I've been telling everyone that we'll have to kick her out after my due date, since I *never* go early...but it appears that I might have to eat crow!
post #2 of 18
Not in your DDC but wanted to send some vibes your way for a healthy and painless delivery!! GOOD LUCK MAMA!!
post #3 of 18
WOOHOO! Good luck Mama and easy labor vibes coming your way
post #4 of 18
:
exciting!!!!
post #5 of 18
Good luck! How exciting.
post #6 of 18
Good luck I hope all goes the way you planned/want!!
post #7 of 18
you're on you way, mama! will wait anxiously to hear about the birth....
post #8 of 18
Oh, wow! Good luck, can't wait to hear.
post #9 of 18
Oooh, exciting! That's how it started for me and within 24 hours I was holding my baby! Peaceful labour vibes to you, mama!
post #10 of 18
WooHoo!!

:
post #11 of 18
Wow! How exciting! Keep us posted!
post #12 of 18
Thread Starter 
Contractions are few and far between so far. My system is cleaning itself out though and I feel pretty nauseous and generally yucky. I'm working on packing the hospital bags and staying busy.

So...would you call the Dr. and tell them what you expect or just keep waiting? Surely...this means something right? I think I'm still leaking fluid, though not as much as what I found this a.m. It won't just stop will it? I've never experienced this before so don't know what to think/expect!
post #13 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBaby View Post
Contractions are few and far between so far. My system is cleaning itself out though and I feel pretty nauseous and generally yucky. I'm working on packing the hospital bags and staying busy.

So...would you call the Dr. and tell them what you expect or just keep waiting? Surely...this means something right? I think I'm still leaking fluid, though not as much as what I found this a.m. It won't just stop will it? I've never experienced this before so don't know what to think/expect!
I had PROM with my son. Just take your time, do your thing, don't put stuff in your vagina and don't go to the hospital just because your water is broken. Gauge going by your contractions, like you normally would. I probably wouldn't call the doc either (but that's personal).
It sounds like labor is on it's way, but it can take time.
I will be patiently waiting to hear news

Have fun!!!
post #14 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro246 View Post
I had PROM with my son. Just take your time, do your thing, don't put stuff in your vagina and don't go to the hospital just because your water is broken. Gauge going by your contractions, like you normally would. I probably wouldn't call the doc either (but that's personal).
It sounds like labor is on it's way, but it can take time.
I will be patiently waiting to hear news

Have fun!!!
That's what i'm kind of thinking. although I'm only 10 days before my EDD, so I don't know that this is technically PROM, is it? i think i'm going to keep drinking my RRL tea and start my labour aromatherapy and just hang out and see what happens. DH thinks I should call the DR....but I think we'll wait awhile longer.

I feel like such a goof since I've never experienced this before! My first birth was even waaaay late w/ no breaking of waters so this is all very unusual.
post #15 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBaby View Post
That's what i'm kind of thinking. although I'm only 10 days before my EDD, so I don't know that this is technically PROM, is it? i think i'm going to keep drinking my RRL tea and start my labour aromatherapy and just hang out and see what happens. DH thinks I should call the DR....but I think we'll wait awhile longer.

I feel like such a goof since I've never experienced this before! My first birth was even waaaay late w/ no breaking of waters so this is all very unusual.
PROM= prelabor rupture of membranes (just any time that's the way "labor" starts
PPROM= preterm prelabor rupture of membranes
post #16 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBaby View Post
Contractions are few and far between so far. My system is cleaning itself out though and I feel pretty nauseous and generally yucky. I'm working on packing the hospital bags and staying busy.

So...would you call the Dr. and tell them what you expect or just keep waiting? Surely...this means something right? I think I'm still leaking fluid, though not as much as what I found this a.m. It won't just stop will it? I've never experienced this before so don't know what to think/expect!
this is how my labor has started with my last three kids, I do call my midwife but she's pretty laid back about rupture of membranes so I'd probably not call the dr yet as long as-
1) fluid is clear
2) no baths or anything in the vagina
3) baby is moving
4) no temperature

personally if I had an ob I'd give it at least 24 hours before I called

My midwife cited a study that studied women who had FULL term (which you are) rupture of membranes and about 3/4 had given birth by the 36 hour mark. Here at our hospital if you are gbs negative policy is to not even consider an induction until a minimum of 24 hours has passed after rupture.
and they were comfortable without any arguing to wait up to 72 hours

but my babies all came 24 hours after rupture, 26 hours after rupture, and 37 hours after rupture so I'd wait it out

Congratulations there's a baby for you in the next day or so
post #17 of 18
Oooh, yay!
post #18 of 18
How exciting!! You'll be holding that babe so soon!! Good luck, mama!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: May 2007
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2004 - 2008  › May 2007 › I woke up in a puddle, mama's.