Surromommy- so sorry to hear about your kitty!!
Jessica- sorry AF showed!!
Thanks for the vitex tips!! Now, I have to bug you all with more questions...being 9-13 DPO (don't know my exact O date) and really wishing I was pg reminded me that I wanted to ask your opinions on something.
I had 2 miscarriages in the year and a half that we were TTC DD. The 2nd one I was on progesterone cream, but still miscarried early on in the pregnancy. When I got my BFP with DD (very early, thank goodness), I started back up on progesterone cream (4-6x the regular dosage each day, since the cream isn't very concentrated) immediately. I also had my OB call in some bloodwork so I could get my levels tested. My progesterone was awesome- 26 the first time and 28 the second. If the cream had anything to do with it, it would have only made a minor difference. I'm assuming my body just produces good amounts of progesterone since I have long, strong LP's regularly, anyway.
So...continuing on...despite my numbers being high and good, I still (being safe, rather than sorry) asked for a progesterone supplement. I was put on 25mg 2x/day from about 6-13 weeks. I'll never know how much difference the supplements really made with me already having had good levels.
Anyway, lately I've really been thinking what I'll do this next time around. I'm already a compulsive POAS'er but part of me wants to make SURE I test starting as early as possible so I can stay on top of things in case I do get pregnant and need to go on a supplement. However, the other part of me just wants to wait it out. I do NOT want to jump in and start with the OB at 6 weeks again (seeing my baby that early on was WONDERFUL this time, and for m/c reasons I WOULD like to, but for tons of other reasons- us moving, being one of them- I'd just rather wait until the 2nd tri if possible).
So I guess not knowing if the progesterone is something I need is what is leaving me wondering. I'd feel SO much more comfortable just taking a supplement from the start the next time around...I do NOT want to lose another baby if there's anything I CAN do about it. But just asking for the b/w and the rx would leave me kinda tied to my doctor (not in complicated ways, but just more than I'm hoping for the next time around). I could ask FIL to do it for me (call in the b/w or do it himself and prescribe the prog.), but he's always so busy that I hate to do that.
I just don't know...there's so many thoughts and emotions involved with what I should do the next time around. What would you do?? Especially throwing nursing into the mix...