or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Life With a Baby › Welcome ALL June 2006 Mamas-- May Chat
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Welcome ALL June 2006 Mamas-- May Chat - Page 3

post #41 of 464
I was thinking of having a Baby Einstein(ish) themed party for LJ, with about 7 babies around his age. I tried to uninvite the rest of our family, ya know, the folks without children or the folks with kids well over 5 ... but it didnt work... nobody was going for it. So, this will be a full on cook out. DH will man the grill and manage that crew, and I am looking forward to hosting the party for the little people.

We chose the Baby Einstein(ish) theme bc we thought that we could make party favors with flash cards and books.
post #42 of 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by BundleFishMama View Post
Oh yeah, Andrew has his own "sign" for nursing too, which is smacking my boobs.
Olivia does that,followed by looking down my shirt and growling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiromama View Post
just popping in to say


Quote:
Originally Posted by mommitola View Post
You know, I would post, but I don't have a baby anymore. She finally shed human form and transformed into her true nature, a hideous winged monster. She's in the yard eating a gopher with her new molars. Such is!
Poor gopher! Yay molars. We still only have 4 teeth here,2 top,2 bottom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The4OfUs View Post
: Being that I still can't leave the dining room to go put a dish in the kitchen sink without a MAJOR hissy, I think babysitting is a LONG time in the future for us...which is just as well, as DH and I are homebodies anyway. We are in the same boat here.I can't be more than 2 feet away then the whine starts.If I do go out of the room she spazzes.OMG it's so bad. I some how think it's my falt that she's not more indapendant.She is held and carried all day.it's now just getting to me.




Hey, quick question: Anyone else's baby LOVE water? K, in addition to nursing about 8 times a day, drinks about 12 ounces of water a day. It's the only other liquid she gets besides nursing, and man does she love it.
We do a little water like 2 oz.I didn't know how much is ok?

Candice, I'm glad you got your groove on! Good for you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJ's Momma View Post
Okay... so for some reason, I never seem to post to the June babies' thread, but here it goes:

: Hi! Olivia was born on the 30th of june,the very last of the june babies(except for JC)




PS Again: Oh yeah, and he says dada, and he says my brothers name, but I thought that he didnt have a name for me until last week... which was when I finally realized that he was calling me by my first name, which is what everyone else calls me
We get dada,woof,and I think deez/this.and baba (brouther
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJ's Momma View Post
I was thinking of having a Baby Einstein(ish) themed party for LJ, with about 7 babies around his age. I tried to uninvite the rest of our family, ya know, the folks without children or the folks with kids well over 5 ... but it didnt work... nobody was going for it. So, this will be a full on cook out. DH will man the grill and manage that crew, and I am looking forward to hosting the party for the little people.

We chose the Baby Einstein(ish) theme bc we thought that we could make party favors with flash cards and books.
No big parties here. Although my family could turn it into a big one. :


DD loves ABC flash cards.She spreads them out and will look at them for a long while,she gives them to me I say the letter, the sound the letter makes,and the picture name on the other side. She laughs puts it back and gets another,repeat!
post #43 of 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by medicmama View Post
No big parties here. Although my family could turn it into a big one. :


DD loves ABC flash cards.She spreads them out and will look at them for a long while,she gives them to me I say the letter, the sound the letter makes,and the picture name on the other side. She laughs puts it back and gets another,repeat!
Ideally LJ's party would be small... maybe I could uninvite them from the infant game room...

I wanna try the flascard game u play, I think LJ would love it
post #44 of 464
So, I'd love to reply to all of you, but I have my hands full with a very sad baby who grabbed a hot lightbulb. She has huge blisters on her hand.

We're having a big luau at my parents' vineyard for Talula's bday. It's a Hawaii tradition. We had 300 guests at Tania's if you can believe that. Lu's will be smaller because we don't know as many people in Oregon. I also have 3 MDC friends whose babies were born in the same week as Lu, so hopefully we'll have a little joint party. Not a "joint" party, silly ladies. A combined party.
post #45 of 464
joint party... he he he
post #46 of 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selesai View Post
LJ's Momma!

speaking of first birthdays, what are everyone's ideas for celebrating? (or, what did you do already?)

we had my parents, grandparents, BIL & SIL and our other three kiddos here for a joint party (heh) between s1, s2 and b as their birthdays are all in April. S1 is the 6th, S2 the 20th and B the 30th. three different cakes (conveniently mama's a baker) and lots of squealing and laughing and good pictures. s2 thoroughly enjoyed her chocolate cake, and my dining room table will never be the same


Quote:
Originally Posted by chiromama View Post
joint party... he he he
goof
post #47 of 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by papayapetunia View Post
So, I'd love to reply to all of you, but I have my hands full with a very sad baby who grabbed a hot lightbulb. She has huge blisters on her hand. Poor baby! Mine jumped off the bed this morning.[/B]
We're having a big luau at my parents' vineyard for Talula's bday. It's a Hawaii tradition. We had 300 guests at Tania's if you can believe that. Lu's will be smaller because we don't know as many people in Oregon. I also have 3 MDC friends whose babies were born in the same week as Lu, so hopefully we'll have a little joint party. Not a "joint" party, silly ladies. A combined party.
post #48 of 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by papayapetunia View Post
So, I'd love to reply to all of you, but I have my hands full with a very sad baby who grabbed a hot lightbulb. She has huge blisters on her hand.

We're having a big luau at my parents' vineyard for Talula's bday. It's a Hawaii tradition. We had 300 guests at Tania's if you can believe that. Lu's will be smaller because we don't know as many people in Oregon. I also have 3 MDC friends whose babies were born in the same week as Lu, so hopefully we'll have a little joint party. Not a "joint" party, silly ladies. A combined party.
Oh poor lil' Lu!! Ouchie!!! Kisses for her

300 People?!! Ack!! What a party! Love the idea of a luau. Thats great!! Thankfully our babies were born in the summer, huh

joint party,

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiromama View Post
joint party... he he he
took the words right out of my mouth!
post #49 of 464
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/medicmam...60762400908711



for those who havent seen lulu in a while.


I love the duck one,and potty.
post #50 of 464
June Mamas.

Cute pics!

Sorry about Lu's hand. Ouch. Btw - I just checked out your blog - you're very crafty! I love that back carry. (Maybe I should go get some fabric and make my own. I was going to do that awhile back but never did.)

Anyways, that's all for now.
post #51 of 464
Poor Lu
post #52 of 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by medicmama View Post
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/medicmam...60762400908711



for those who havent seen lulu in a while.


I love the duck one,and potty.
Cute. I like the duck one too. I was looking at it thinking, Wow, I didn't know babies could have so many freckles so early on. Um, no, I need to clean my computer screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco_mama View Post
Sorry about Lu's hand. Ouch. Btw - I just checked out your blog - you're very crafty! I love that back carry. (Maybe I should go get some fabric and make my own. I was going to do that awhile back but never did.)
Why thank you, but it's the easiest thing in the world. All you need is scissors.
post #53 of 464
Hey Everybody! Life has been crazy-busy around here. I rarely have a moment to turn around, let alone sit down at a computer. Jonathan is trying to get a new job and has been using his laptop for the last little bit, and I'm too lazy to go sit at the desktop. Pathetic, eh? :

Well, Evie is all.over.the.place! I'm serious, she's practicing running. I've caught her trying to jump a few times. It's hilarious, and she usually ends up on her butt. I haven't caught it on video yet, but I do have one of her running around with Caleb chasing her. He calls it playing "sneak!" The last few days on the way home from work, he's begged me to play sneak in the blue room. Evie loves it and just cackles. http://www.picturehogs.com/video

Her teeth are finally through the top. So she has 4 on top and 2 on bottom and it's so adorable when she laughs. I also think that it's funny that I think that she couldn't be any cuter with teeth and then when they get here, I can't remember her without them.

I was also in a wreck which totaled my Sentra on the way to work about 3 weeks ago. I'm ok, although I forgot about mentioning that the dash hit my leg when I went to a urgent care place to get checked out. 3 weeks later, I still can't put any direct pressure on my leg and I always forget and hop into the floor with Evie and almost burst into tears. There's also a really weird bruise on my leg too. Jonathan thinks I need to go get it checked out since it's still hurts. I don't think there is much that they can do about it though...

Anyway, enough from me. School's almost over and then I'll be able to be a little more faithful about my posting. WOO-HOOO!!! I can't wait!
post #54 of 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by papayapetunia View Post
Cute. I like the duck one too. I was looking at it thinking, Wow, I didn't know babies could have so many freckles so early on. Um, no, I need to clean my computer screen.



Why thank you, but it's the easiest thing in the world. All you need is scissors.
your crazy! I cheeked your blog! How did you do the shoes? they are so cute!
post #55 of 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiejon1 View Post
Hey Everybody! Life has been crazy-busy around here. I rarely have a moment to turn around, let alone sit down at a computer. Jonathan is trying to get a new job and has been using his laptop for the last little bit, and I'm too lazy to go sit at the desktop. Pathetic, eh? :

Well, Evie is all.over.the.place! I'm serious, she's practicing running. I've caught her trying to jump a few times. It's hilarious, and she usually ends up on her butt. I haven't caught it on video yet, but I do have one of her running around with Caleb chasing her. He calls it playing "sneak!" The last few days on the way home from work, he's begged me to play sneak in the blue room. Evie loves it and just cackles. http://www.picturehogs.com/video

Her teeth are finally through the top. So she has 4 on top and 2 on bottom and it's so adorable when she laughs. I also think that it's funny that I think that she couldn't be any cuter with teeth and then when they get here, I can't remember her without them.

I was also in a wreck which totaled my Sentra on the way to work about 3 weeks ago. I'm ok, although I forgot about mentioning that the dash hit my leg when I went to a urgent care place to get checked out. 3 weeks later, I still can't put any direct pressure on my leg and I always forget and hop into the floor with Evie and almost burst into tears. There's also a really weird bruise on my leg too. Jonathan thinks I need to go get it checked out since it's still hurts. I don't think there is much that they can do about it though...

Anyway, enough from me. School's almost over and then I'll be able to be a little more faithful about my posting. WOO-HOOO!!! I can't wait!
Thay are so cute! she cruises right along,huh!


Please get cheeked out!
post #56 of 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiejon1 View Post
I haven't caught it on video yet, but I do have one of her running around with Caleb chasing her. He calls it playing "sneak!" The last few days on the way home from work, he's begged me to play sneak in the blue room. Evie loves it and just cackles. http://www.picturehogs.com/video
I.LOVE.SNEAK. Love it!!

AND PLEASE get your leg checked out!!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by papayapetunia View Post
So, I'd love to reply to all of you, but I have my hands full with a very sad baby who grabbed a hot lightbulb. She has huge blisters on her hand.
I hope she's better

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicmama View Post
I love the duck one,and potty.
So cute - The potty one blows my mind!

So, guess who figured out how to climb up and down from the mini trampoline we have here for D? (It's a small one with a handlebar to hang on, made for little kids) Yep. Little ladykins. The getting up part is fine, it's the diving off the tramp head first onto the floor that makes me cringe. But she's mastered it with nary a bump, so I guess I can't really complain. Her fangs on top are budding, so that means that the loweres are probably close behind. And the girl is loving food. Loving it. Gave her some pasta and meatball last night, had some chicken quesadilla the night before (fully seasoned chicken complete with chili pepper)....she's all about the food. And still nursing like crazy, too. Not a whole ot else going on right now - hope everyone has a wonderful mother's day on Sunday!
post #57 of 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by medicmama View Post
your crazy! I cheeked your blog! How did you do the shoes? they are so cute!
Shoes.
post #58 of 464
Hey Aug! So glad to see your moving up to the Great Farthest Northern State. I would love to visit Homer and all the other villages/cities in AK. Come on out to Fairbanks its b-e-a-utiful. Welcome Back to the greatest state in the Union!!! dont forget your DEET!!!
post #59 of 464
katiejon, please please go get checked out!! glad you are ok
post #60 of 464
And here I was feeling all badly because I haven't posted on MDC let alone our JuneDDC for so long ... nor visited any blogs ... nor answered too many emails ... thinking "I suck" and then it turns out I'm not the only one whose been MIA : (could I use more initials? LOL)

Hello all! Wow! These babies are turning into toddlers in the blink of an eye! Yikes! And Cool!

Max is pushing the 25 lb mark and started walking a few days before 10 months. He's loving it ... his sister and I are horrified (I hear about seven times a day now "Moooooom, will you PLEASE nurse him so he goes to sleep? He keeps getting into EVERYTHING" Sorry, sis, mommy only nurses him to sleep when *she* wants some peace & quiet.

I've been in a bit of a funk, but I'm trying to come out of it ... losing a bit of weight is helping ... having my husband home more so I can get out and take a walk ALONE is helping, too ... guess I was more post-partum than I thought ... funny how I can see that *now* but couldn't then ...

Anyway, best wishes! Nice to come back and see so many familiar faces and hello to the new ones, too! :-)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Life With a Baby
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Life With a Baby › Welcome ALL June 2006 Mamas-- May Chat