Bensavi, I don't recall reading that part of your story before. I don't want to stir up cause for you to trudge up anything you'd rather let lie where it is, but I am curious and would like to read a couple of sentences from that letter they sent you (to see just how they peg you in a way that works for them).
(What is up with me sounding like some flaky poet tonight?: )
What I can quote from memory went something like this:
We have found your complaints against the Kindergarten teachers to be untrue and unfounded. We are disappointed in the amount of money you have cost the school, causing us to hire a guide from AWSNA to settle this issue. You are on probation as of today and must do the following or your employment will be immediately terminated:
1) Write a letter to Dr. ________ [anthroposophical doctor] apologizing for telling him the reason you brought your son to see him. By telling him the details of what you claim happened to your son [repeated molestation by another student, verbal and emotional abuse by teacher], you put _________'s [teacher] Waldorf career at risk. You must submit your letter to the doctor to us [personnel committee and faculty chair] first, so that we may edit it where necessary.
2) We have found your claims that your son was harmed in any way to be untrue. We have found that your child's experience in this school has been entirely positive.We are disturbed that you would cause so much unfounded trouble in our school. [Several other parents complained their children were molested repeatedly by the same child, yet my son somehow was not and I was lying?]
3) You are hereby required to seek individual counseling for anger management. [I never once yelled, cursed, threatened, behaved beligerently or lied in any way.]
4) You are hereby required to apologize in writing to the Kindergarten teachers for your complaints about your son's treatment. This written apology will be reviewed prior to submittal, with editing and additions as necessary by this committee. [This editing process took SEVEN MONTHS, with my rewriting again and again, down to the smallest of phrases suggested by the faculty chair.]
5) You son will not be allowed in the school for his first grade year, and will only be readmitted to second grade after a review of your case.
This is because you looked in the files of other students. [The first faculty chair ~they switched mid-year~ went in the file cabinet to see if the teachers had reported any incidents in the class like my son's, or if they had even documented my son's molestation. They had not. I was with her, and they changed the details of this event completely.]
6) No more discussion or input will be allowed in reference to this event. Discussing this with anyone will result in immediate termination of employment.
There is more. Just too shaky to go into it now. But it sure does feel good to get it out of my system!