|Originally posted by Els' 3 Ones
The use of terms like that, combined with statements like " It's no wonder that more WMD have not been found." that make me unable to keep silent. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE state your support in truisms, not in spoon fed media rhetoric. THAT may be why we garner other generalizations abt the conservative right................ie: don't think independantly, only vote on one issue, etc, etc, etc.
First off, let me state that i do not feel that I should need to defend my exact choice of wording, nor should anyone else. But....if you are referring to my wording choice alone, that is one thing....or do you simply need more information or specifics on where i was headed??? Here's one: Recently US officials were led to equipment used to enrich uranium underneath a rose bush in an Iraqi scientist's backyard. It is this type of tactic that i was referring to when I was discussing the fact that I am not suprised more WMD have not been uncovered. It's not as though i took a quote from CNN.com and simply posted it into this thread. I can back up my choice of wording more, but is that really the issue here...or is it the fact that there are many valid reasons to support our president and commander-in-chief???
I also find it humorous that people choose to refer to Mr. Bush as a "murderous nazi" when Sadaam Hussein has slaughtered, raped and pillaged many more Iraqis than we probably even know of, and surely has taken the lives of more Iraqi citizens than were lost during recent war events led by our troops.
Now, i will get back to the OP request for why
i support Bush....i will not defend anything else i've already written, but will simply add to it:
1. Bush has not (thus far anyway) used an intern as his personal humidor, nor has he ever been impeached or considered for impeachment.
2. Bush has not been accused or sued for sexual harassment or assault. He did not point his finger at every American during a national public address and lie straight-faced to us about his wild sexual escapades, only to take it all back a short time later and "apologize" for his mishaps.
3. Bush is not, as far as anyone is aware, attempting to dump his millions of dollars of legal bills off onto taxpayers.
4. I'm unclear as to why the arguement continues to arise that Bush is taking money from the poor and handing it to the rich. Poor people have little to no federal income tax liability. How can the poor be expected to receive a tax credit when they are not contributing to the very monies in question????? Our current tax system can be directly related to the Communist Manifesto. Last I heard, America was not a communist society.
5. America was founded on the ideals of protecting peoples that cannot protect themselves.....who could possibly need more protection than an unborn child. The plain truth is that the Bush administration is pro-life, i.e. anti-abortion.......and I, like so many other mammas, applaud that.
Enough said for now.