or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Welcome to Mothering! › Connect With Other Moms › Clergy spouses--check in here!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Clergy spouses--check in here! - Page 8

post #141 of 182
Thread Starter 
Not here. Plus for our budget to work, I have to go to three different stores, including an Amish surplus outlet. With coupons, it just works out better without kids.

Sounds like your schedule has gotten more complex as well.
post #142 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by annettemarie View Post
Not here. Plus for our budget to work, I have to go to three different stores, including an Amish surplus outlet. With coupons, it just works out better without kids.

Sounds like your schedule has gotten more complex as well.
It has, but I only have the two right now.
I know you said there's no one you'd trust to babysit them all, but what about leaving some of them with a sitter? Or doing 1 store a day?
We're 30 + miles from all shopping, so I just have to grit my teeth and get it done- knowing that there's a meltdown in store.
Will your DH's schedule relax after Advent?
post #143 of 182
Thread Starter 
After Epiphany there will be a brief lull until Lent. Well, sort of. He has the youth gathering sometime in January.

Please tell me Lent isn't superearly like it was last year...
post #144 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by annettemarie View Post
After Epiphany there will be a brief lull until Lent. Well, sort of. He has the youth gathering sometime in January.

Please tell me Lent isn't superearly like it was last year...
DH just said Lent is end of Feb, so a brief break there.
it sounds like it's a really hard time right now.
post #145 of 182
Thread Starter 
It will be OK. Maybe I could hire two youth group kids to come over and watch all 4. That's twice the money, though...
post #146 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by annettemarie View Post
It will be OK. Maybe I could hire two youth group kids to come over and watch all 4. That's twice the money, though...
I see an opportunity for confirmation extra credit!
Yeah, it sounds like a no win situation right now.
post #147 of 182
Thread Starter 
Hee. I keep telling DH he should offer "Sit with the pastor's wife and help her with the kids during church" as a Confirmation project, but he says no.
post #148 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by annettemarie View Post
Hee. I keep telling DH he should offer "Sit with the pastor's wife and help her with the kids during church" as a Confirmation project, but he says no.
I feel so lucky- at this church the president of the congregation and his wife sit with us most Sundays. It's so nice and I wish more congregations would help out pastor's wives.
post #149 of 182
Hey ladies! We are also craazxy busy, LOL! We are in the process of moving (FInally! OFFIcially!) and we even have a timeline. We will be moving as soon as school is out for the winter break (dh's secular job is with the public schools) in Dec.

The 18th is the last day of school, then we will get the moving truck(s) on the road on the 19th.....which just so happens to be our 10th wedding anniversary! Woot! I have a feeling we're gonna have a super-romantic one--NOT! Maybe we can try for a quickie at a rest area, LOL! Or say--can you order in champagne and strawberries at a Motel 6?

Yeah, I didn't think so....

Oh, and then on the 20th, it's the baby's first birthday, which will also be spent on the road! Yee-haw! And hopefully, we'll make it to our new house (at least, hopefully we'll HAVE a new house by then! Haven't found one yet! ) by that evening, so we can start unpacking boxes...

So, we are officially cancelling all of Christmas and any incidental winter festivities. None of it is happening. I refuse to acknowledge that the rest of the world is enjoying cocoa and marshmallows by the fire while I'm unpacking boxes and hunting for toilet paper in a strange house.

Oh, and did I mention that we are leaving the (relative) warmth of Florida in Dec. to go to Ft. Wayne, INDIANA????? It must be God's will, because it makes no earthly sense! :

But seriously, I'm looking forward to it, and the kids are really excited, too. : Every day they ask if we are going to Indiana today...actually, the 2 yo says "Andy Anna"

I'm just feeling a mite overwhelmed, and having a hard time getting organized with what to do first. I guess what I need to do first is get off the computer, hmmm?

Love to you all!
post #150 of 182
Thread Starter 
Sarah, you and your family will be in our prayers. Happy moving! And "Andy Anna" is too sweet.
post #151 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheBear View Post
Hey ladies! We are also craazxy busy, LOL! We are in the process of moving (FInally! OFFIcially!) and we even have a timeline. We will be moving as soon as school is out for the winter break (dh's secular job is with the public schools) in Dec.

The 18th is the last day of school, then we will get the moving truck(s) on the road on the 19th.....which just so happens to be our 10th wedding anniversary! Woot! I have a feeling we're gonna have a super-romantic one--NOT! Maybe we can try for a quickie at a rest area, LOL! Or say--can you order in champagne and strawberries at a Motel 6?

Yeah, I didn't think so....

Oh, and then on the 20th, it's the baby's first birthday, which will also be spent on the road! Yee-haw! And hopefully, we'll make it to our new house (at least, hopefully we'll HAVE a new house by then! Haven't found one yet! ) by that evening, so we can start unpacking boxes...

So, we are officially cancelling all of Christmas and any incidental winter festivities. None of it is happening. I refuse to acknowledge that the rest of the world is enjoying cocoa and marshmallows by the fire while I'm unpacking boxes and hunting for toilet paper in a strange house.

Oh, and did I mention that we are leaving the (relative) warmth of Florida in Dec. to go to Ft. Wayne, INDIANA????? It must be God's will, because it makes no earthly sense! :

But seriously, I'm looking forward to it, and the kids are really excited, too. : Every day they ask if we are going to Indiana today...actually, the 2 yo says "Andy Anna"

I'm just feeling a mite overwhelmed, and having a hard time getting organized with what to do first. I guess what I need to do first is get off the computer, hmmm?

Love to you all!
OOh, whatcha going to Fort Wayne for? We lived there for a few years not too long ago. I LOVED Ft. Wayne- how crunchy community- and I had an AWESOME midwife there.
post #152 of 182
Thanks, Annettemarie! :

theretohere, a church up there called dh to be their pastor, so that's the catalyst for the move. Really, there's a good crunchy element? How exciting! I know nothing about the city, other than the cost living and housing prices seem pretty good, compared to here!

I'd love to know what mw you used....we aren't expecting ATM, but I imagine that it will be an issue in the next couple years, Lord willing. From what I can tell, Indiana isn't a very MW friendly place, but I'm sure there's an active community....once I find it, LOL!

I need to go post in the tribal areas...
post #153 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheBear View Post
Thanks, Annettemarie! :

theretohere, a church up there called dh to be their pastor, so that's the catalyst for the move. Really, there's a good crunchy element? How exciting! I know nothing about the city, other than the cost living and housing prices seem pretty good, compared to here!

I'd love to know what mw you used....we aren't expecting ATM, but I imagine that it will be an issue in the next couple years, Lord willing. From what I can tell, Indiana isn't a very MW friendly place, but I'm sure there's an active community....once I find it, LOL!

I need to go post in the tribal areas...
I'll PM you!
post #154 of 182
Thread Starter 
DH and I just had a huge fight. I get that he can't control people dieing and going toe the hospital and funerals and stuff like that. But I hate having to be the one to bear the brunt of it all. In an ideal world, I'd want to hear him say something like "I know it's hard. When it's all over I'll take a day off so we can catch up on housework" or "Let's call a sitter so you can have some time to do the shopping". But he doesn't. He's just all "I have to do my job." The worst part of this job is feeling like your husband ministers to everyone in the world... except his own family.
post #155 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by annettemarie View Post
DH and I just had a huge fight. I get that he can't control people dieing and going toe the hospital and funerals and stuff like that. But I hate having to be the one to bear the brunt of it all. In an ideal world, I'd want to hear him say something like "I know it's hard. When it's all over I'll take a day off so we can catch up on housework" or "Let's call a sitter so you can have some time to do the shopping". But he doesn't. He's just all "I have to do my job." The worst part of this job is feeling like your husband ministers to everyone in the world... except his own family.

I'm so sorry. http://www.pastorswives.org/ Have you looked around here? I think they have some supports for dealing with the lifestyle.
It's really hard to feel like you are a widow of the church.
post #156 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by annettemarie View Post
The worst part of this job is feeling like your husband ministers to everyone in the world... except his own family.
I'm sorry you all are having a rough time! Does your husband have a group of clergy friends who help him through difficulties? Maybe he could ask how they resolve this issue with their spouses. (I've found that my dh often responds better to his clergy peers than to me. I must not present it well!)

It's so hard to function when you're just tired! I hope your dh can find a way to spell you for just a little while.
post #157 of 182
Anyone ready for the Advent season? This is a strange year for me. I play with two orchestras. Usually I play more with one than the other in December. This year, the bigger orchestra cancelled their Nutcracker services so I'm playing more with the second orchestra. All of their services are on Sundays, then we're out of town on the 28th. So I'm missing all of December. Strange. We have to hire a sitter to come on Sunday mornings to take our kids to church.
post #158 of 182
Thread Starter 
That sounds crazy intense, Elizabeth. Good luck!
post #159 of 182
Thanks, Annettemarie! It is intense. I always play twice the usual performances in December. I am grateful for the income, but I do miss having a 'normal' Advent season. My dh talked about taking time for the wonders of Advent in his sermon today. I just figured he wasn't talking to me!
post #160 of 182
Thread Starter 


If it makes you feel better, I missed church today because the nursery worker didn't show up, and I got stuck up doing it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Connect With Other Moms
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Welcome to Mothering! › Connect With Other Moms › Clergy spouses--check in here!