1. Please introduce yourself and tell us anything you think it would help us to know about yourself.
I'm Sara, mama to Peter and wife to Jerry. I'm a grad student and my dh is a disabled vet who is going to school and works every weekend as a security guard.
2. Please tell us why you have decided to spend nothing (or spend significantly less) for the Month of July. Memorize these goals and recite them to yourself before all purchases.
1. We REALLY REALLY want to get out of debt. We have paid off $4000 (approximately) since Feb, but that's not enough!
2. We just visited friends who have so many toys that their house is like a toy store. Visiting them simulataneously makes me want to simplify my life and go out and purchase a bunch of stuff. So, I'm going with the simplify route.
3. I have LOTS of big ideas to make my little house REALLY cool (bamboo floors, wood blinds, redo the deck, etc!) and if I want to do those things, I can't purchase a bunch of useless stuff that I don't really need or want.
3. No spending is hard work. You need a plan. Please tell us your game plan -- how do you plan to approach no spending for a month?
1. Stay out of stores! This makes the plan a lot easier!
2. Purchase only with cash. Watching the money leave my hands makes it more real.
3. Plan the purchases that I *need* to make this month.