We are undecided. DEMs/CPMs are illegal in my state, and the two CNMs who are in this part of the state have told me I live too far away. Our options are UC or hospital birth with a pretty good family doctor. Last time, we went for the UC but ended up transferring to the hospital. The transfer was no fun, but we had the family doc and it was a natural birth. I got there so late it was pushing time. But there were a lot of things that could have been different/better (and worse, which is why it make deciding so difficult).
I *think* that, ideally, we would interview a bunch of midwives and do a homebirth. But since that's not an option, we're still undecided. My best friend is almost through with med school and applying to OB-gyn residency, and if she can fit it in her schedule she said she'd attend me at home (pretty much wait in another room unless I need her type of scenario). But I think that's pretty unlikely because of distance and scheduling.
So I dunno. Anyone else in a similar situation?