I'm currently in a debate with my MIL as to why DEET is bad, and why I don't want it near my kids. I recall it having to do with something along the lines of causing neurological problems, but I can't remember what the specifics are. She's a nurse, but has been behind a desk for almost 20 years, and her actual medical knowledge is medieval at best. She once applied straight bleach to my husband's severe and open wounded poison ivy. : Anyway, while she (grudgingly) adheres to my direction that they're not to be sprayed/rubbed with anything containing DEET, it's been an ongoing argument, and I'd like to lay down some hard facts and basically end the conversation about it.
post #1 of 3
7/6/07 at 12:49pm