or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Arts & Crafts › Books, Music, and Media › Book Clubs › The big HP and the Deathly Hallows thread! *Contains spoilers*
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The big HP and the Deathly Hallows thread! *Contains spoilers*

post #1 of 1280
Thread Starter 
This is the only place on MDC for Deathly Hallows spoilers. We'll open this thread sometime after the book is released on 7/21/07 (details forthcoming) for discussions on the new book. Please wait until the thread is open to discuss Book 7. Please do not start threads elsewhere that divulge details of Book 7. Anybody placing spoilers anywhere other than in this thread will be sent to the Dungeon, with Snape. (Book Snape, not Alan Rickman Snape)

So, hang on tight and get ready...

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows


This Thread Contains Spoilers!!!! If you don't wish to be spoiled run away!!
post #2 of 1280
Thread is open!!
post #3 of 1280
So...anyone else totally WRONG about something??

Warning :: Spoiler Ahead! Highlight to read message!
I was really in the "I hate Horcrux!Harry camp"



But I was all in the
Warning :: Spoiler Ahead! Highlight to read message!
Snape is good camp
post #4 of 1280
ooh! I need more spoilers than this!!! Some of us need to live vicariously till we can buy the book secondhand.
post #5 of 1280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epiphany View Post
ooh! I need more spoilers than this!!! Some of us need to live vicariously till we can buy the book secondhand.
People will jump in soon, the all nighters probably crashed and the rest are reading.
post #6 of 1280
I never did understand what was so very important about Harry having Lilly's eyes.

the whole character doing magic late in life thing, I guess they were referring to
Warning :: Spoiler Ahead! Highlight to read message!
Aberforth, but I don't recall him ever being described as nonmagical.


One thing that bothered me:

Warning :: Spoiler Ahead! Highlight to read message!
the cloak-supposedly impervious to all magic and could render someone invisible to anyone forever right? Except mad eye Moody could see right through it in book 5. :



I was right about everything I'd predicted =D Anyone else just sob at the mention of
Warning :: Spoiler Ahead! Highlight to read message!
Harry's son's full name? Omg, I still tear up thinking about it lol
post #7 of 1280
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaTX View Post
I never did understand what was so very important about Harry having Lilly's eyes.
Warning :: Spoiler Ahead! Highlight to read message!
I guess that was the Snape thing?? I didn't think that was well explained either, Dumbledore was trying to tell Snape Harry was more like Lily, but..I dunno


Quote:
the whole character doing magic late in life thing, I guess they were referring to
Warning :: Spoiler Ahead! Highlight to read message!
Aberforth, but I don't recall him ever being described as nonmagical.
Um..ya I didn't notice that actually happening either and was really puzzeled by it. Did I miss something??

Quote:
One thing that bothered me:

Warning :: Spoiler Ahead! Highlight to read message!
the cloak-supposedly impervious to all magic and could render someone invisible to anyone forever right? Except mad eye Moody could see right through it in book 5. :
Warning :: Spoiler Ahead! Highlight to read message!
It rendered them invisible to *Death* but was impervious to magic so..I guess the wearer couldn't be attacked by magic, and they couldn't be seen by *Death*??? Not sure.

If you'll recall Dumbledore could see through it in book 1 so more than one person could see through Harry's cloak.




Quote:
I was right about everything I'd predicted =D Anyone else just sob at the mention of
Warning :: Spoiler Ahead! Highlight to read message!
Harry's son's full name? Omg, I still tear up thinking about it lol


It was excruciatingly cheesey but it was still a little too
post #8 of 1280
Okay, I've never picked up an HP book and even I have to know...

Warning :: Spoiler Ahead! Highlight to read message!
Does Harry die?
post #9 of 1280
Oh c'mon - someone has their eyelids propped open with toothpicks and can end my torture!
post #10 of 1280
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabrog View Post
Okay, I've never picked up an HP book and even I have to know...

Warning :: Spoiler Ahead! Highlight to read message!
Does Harry die?
Warning :: Spoiler Ahead! Highlight to read message!
Yes and no
post #11 of 1280
You can PM me if you need to - then HOW does she end the book?? I was totally in the

Warning :: Spoiler Ahead! Highlight to read message!
Harry dies camp
post #12 of 1280
Quote:
Originally Posted by abimommy View Post
Warning :: Spoiler Ahead! Highlight to read message!
Yes and no
Okay that is SO not funny! Does she just wrap up a ton of loose ends and misc. storylines?

See now I have to go get book 1 and actually start reading this thing...
post #13 of 1280
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabrog View Post
You can PM me if you need to - then HOW does she end the book?? I was totally in the

Warning :: Spoiler Ahead! Highlight to read message!
Harry dies camp
Quote:
Okay that is SO not funny!
Oh but I was serious!

Warning :: Spoiler Ahead! Highlight to read message!
Harry pulls a Gandalf
post #14 of 1280
Quote:
Originally Posted by abimommy View Post
Oh but I was serious!

Warning :: Spoiler Ahead! Highlight to read message!
Harry pulls a Gandalf
See and my LotR is rusty so now I gotta go pester the husband...

I WILL be back later to stalk this thread - after I got find a copy of book 1. I always planned to read them, I just couldn't get in to all the hype and downright mania over the books. Nothing against them. :
post #15 of 1280
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabrog View Post
Does she just wrap up a ton of loose ends and misc. storylines?

See now I have to go get book 1 and actually start reading this thing...
A lot of things are wrapped up but I don't think everything was. :

There is a big hole between the end of the fight and the epilogue and I found that irritating. I could have used another chapter before the epilogue.
post #16 of 1280
I've never read any of them either, I think I might have seen a couple of the movies, but I had to go read the synopsis on Wikipedia.
post #17 of 1280
Quote:
Originally Posted by fek&fuzz View Post
I've never read any of them either, I think I might have seen a couple of the movies, but I had to go read the synopsis on Wikipedia.
Are you playing victim on the spoiler thread too? Hee
post #18 of 1280
Grumble Grumble, off to dump my kids at the neighbors and buy the book! Sniff Sniff, maybe I should shower first considering we replaced our fridge yesterday and it wasn't pretty!
post #19 of 1280
Do we still have to keep up with the tags? Not sure, but I did anyway so I wouldn't get sent to the dungeons.

Warning :: Spoiler Ahead! Highlight to read message!
Loved it!!! I started at 1235 last night and finished it at 638 this morning. I just woke up and took a shower. I am definitely going to have the reread the ending but that was by far, one of the most amazing endings ever. Forget the epilogue- Harry freakin' died and came back to life! I completely cried to during different parts fo the book. I think the deaths of Hedwig and Dobby really hit me. Hedwig just came out of nowhere. I was totally not expecting her to die- most of the other deaths, at least I had a clue that it might be coming. And Snape- omg! I cried during the entire Pensieve scene with all of his memories of Lily and how he spoke of always loving her to Dumbledore.

It was just amazing. Wow.

post #20 of 1280
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaksma View Post
Do we still have to keep up with the tags? Not sure, but I did anyway so I wouldn't get sent to the dungeons.

Warning :: Spoiler Ahead! Highlight to read message!
Loved it!!! I started at 1235 last night and finished it at 638 this morning. I just woke up and took a shower. I am definitely going to have the reread the ending but that was by far, one of the most amazing endings ever. Forget the epilogue- Harry freakin' died and came back to life! I completely cried to during different parts fo the book. I think the deaths of Hedwig and Dobby really hit me. Hedwig just came out of nowhere. I was totally not expecting her to die- most of the other deaths, at least I had a clue that it might be coming. And Snape- omg! I cried during the entire Pensieve scene with all of his memories of Lily and how he spoke of always loving her to Dumbledore.

It was just amazing. Wow.

I was just kind of doing it higher up on first page in case people wondered in on accident

We probably don't need to continue much more.

I cried during a lot of the book but I am a cryer, anything can set me off. But

Warning :: Spoiler Ahead! Highlight to read message!
I BAWLED when Dobby died, I am not THAT fond of Dobby but it really set me off. I guess it was just the straw ya know?? Several people die before Dobby and that just made it worse.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Book Clubs
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Arts & Crafts › Books, Music, and Media › Book Clubs › The big HP and the Deathly Hallows thread! *Contains spoilers*