or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Toddler › Life with a Toddler › Phil and Ted's E3 owners- help!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Phil and Ted's E3 owners- help!

post #1 of 30
Thread Starter 
Does anyone know if you can actually clean the fabric on the Phil and Ted's E3 stroller? Mine is getting really icky, and I would love to remove the facbric and scrub it clean- never mind "wipe clean with a damp cloth"! Thanks!
post #2 of 30
You can remove the seat and the shade and the footrest/basket and totally clean it. I use a nail brush and a bit of gentle soap. then air dry and I spray with stuff you put on your fabric to keep it waterproofed and clean (can't remember the name) 'cause the icky dirtyness drives me INSANE.
post #3 of 30
Thread Starter 
Thank you Max'sMama!

I can't wait to take mine all apart- I am just a little nervous about it going back together
post #4 of 30
OT but do you guys like your Phil and Ted's. Did you consider it an investment? Any drawbacks?
TIA
April
post #5 of 30
Thread Starter 
I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Phil and Teds. When ds1 was 5 mos old we were shopping for a jogging stroller- and then I found out I was pregnant again! Rather than buy a jogger and a double stroller, we opted for the E3 with the coversion kit to make it double!

It steers wonderfully- is fabulous for walks and errands. The only drawback for us was when using it as a double stroller it was a bit of an awkward couple of months when ds2 was in between wanting to lay in the flat position and was old enough to sit in the back seat- but my ergo carrier worked just fine during that time. I aslo love that it can be a single or a double at any time!
post #6 of 30
Is it easy to take in your vehicle or is it a leave at homer?
I love the idea of one but wonder how much kids actually feel comfortable in it and like it.
post #7 of 30
We have one and my kids love it. I highly recommend it.
post #8 of 30
We have one too, and really love it. There have been a couple issues with the tires (tears in the inner tubes) and we have already had to replace one of the back wheels entirely, but it is a great out and about stroller.
post #9 of 30
Thread Starter 
Ryansma, we have a Subaru Forester (not terribly big), and I actually have it in the trunk with room to spare. I take it everywhere.

Just noticing the ages of your dc from your sig. (OK, duh, just double checked your sig!- your one child!) Most kids also like the back. You can actually hang toys on the straps in front of the back seat on the straps.
post #10 of 30
This stroller rules - I recommend them to everyone without hesitation. I see that the newer ones have been improved with an adjustable handlebar and that the second seat reclines.
post #11 of 30
I love this stroller. The kids I watch are comfortable, it's easy to clean, and it fits easily into the trunk of my small hatchback.

Only downside is the time before the little one can ride in the add-on seat but that can be solved by babywearing.
post #12 of 30
I love our E3. I totally considered it to be an investment - I justified the cost because I say it is my gym membership and my version of therapy all rolled into one, lol, because i love to take long walks (we live in the country) and i could do that as soon as DS2 was just 2 weeks. They keep me calm and feeling good.

I can also easily manage putting it in the back of our Prius and taking the two boys somewhere with it. I find it very easy to cart around. Great for the country and the city.

I have no regrets with this awesome stroller!

And both kids love it, too .
post #13 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by djoy View Post
Ryansma, we have a Subaru Forester (not terribly big), and I actually have it in the trunk with room to spare. I take it everywhere.

Just noticing the ages of your dc from your sig. (OK, duh, just double checked your sig!- your one child!) Most kids also like the back. You can actually hang toys on the straps in front of the back seat on the straps.
Yep, just the one (for now). But I am really trying to avoid having multiple strollers. We have a van so space isn't really the issue but hard collapse and get in the van may be a deal breaker for me.
My worry was that the one in the back would be unhappy b/c their view would be blocked??

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishface View Post
I love this stroller. The kids I watch are comfortable, it's easy to clean, and it fits easily into the trunk of my small hatchback.

Only downside is the time before the little one can ride in the add-on seat but that can be solved by babywearing.
I wore ds everywhere when we were out until he was about 10 months so it sounds like it would be perfect for us. It is quite an investment though.

Anything else I should know? Did you all order them online?
We are hoping to have another babe in the next year or so. So I am trying to plan ahead.
Thanks OP for letting me hijack and for all the good information
post #14 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooflymama View Post
I love our E3. I totally considered it to be an investment - I justified the cost because I say it is my gym membership and my version of therapy all rolled into one, lol, because i love to take long walks (we live in the country) and i could do that as soon as DS2 was just 2 weeks. They keep me calm and feeling good.
Me too !!
post #15 of 30
I would totally recommend this stroller to anyone. I haven't had any problems. I bought my e3 in a boutique that went belly up but it WAS a local purchase. And the same price as online to boot

I have an Odyssey and I can put it in upright or I can break it down (super fast) and it can fit behind the single of the 70/30 split seat. My kids love it too. In fact, the first time I used it my ds fell asleep (which he had NEVER done in a stroller).
post #16 of 30
Thread Starter 
I think the E3 was a great investment- but, yes an investment nonetheless. I just thought about buying a double stroller and a jogger, and with two inexpensive versions of each, I would have outpriced the E3. I bought the doubles kit later, which helped to lesson the blow! I bought mine at BuyBuyBaby, a chain store, but I have seen good deals online.
Good luck deciding!
post #17 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max'sMama View Post
I would totally recommend this stroller to anyone. I haven't had any problems. I bought my e3 in a boutique that went belly up but it WAS a local purchase. And the same price as online to boot

I have an Odyssey and I can put it in upright or I can break it down (super fast) and it can fit behind the single of the 70/30 split seat. My kids love it too. In fact, the first time I used it my ds fell asleep (which he had NEVER done in a stroller).
That's great that you bought it locally. I would love to get my hands on one before actually buying it.
We have an Odyssey too. Good to hear it's easy.
post #18 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by djoy View Post
I think the E3 was a great investment- but, yes an investment nonetheless. I just thought about buying a double stroller and a jogger, and with two inexpensive versions of each, I would have outpriced the E3. I bought the doubles kit later, which helped to lesson the blow! I bought mine at BuyBuyBaby, a chain store, but I have seen good deals online.
Good luck deciding!

I think I have pretty much decided I have been looking at them for a long time. Right now we have three strollers - down from five-for one kid!!. We are not stroller crazy at all which is the irony, some were given to us including a Maclaren side by side double that I sold on Craigslist for $50. Whoohooot. Anyway, I'm pretty much sold.
How is the customer service? That is one of the only things I read negative reviews on. Anyone have any experience to share on that?
post #19 of 30
We had an easy time with customer service. Some part broke (brain is fuzzy; dh dealt with it) and they immediately sent us a replacement. I love our E3 because it's a fabulous single stroller, but if DS decides he needs a ride, we're set. I will say, there's not a lot of storage, so get the panniers if you like to carry a lot of stuff.
-Erin
post #20 of 30
Quote:
We have a van so space isn't really the issue but hard collapse and get in the van may be a deal breaker for me.
My worry was that the one in the back would be unhappy b/c their view would be blocked??
It's super easy to break down. There is a little knob on each side where the front seat's feet are. You just pull them straight out and voila, it collapses. You have to take the back seat off first but that's a ridiculously simple mechanism. I imagine it rides really smoothly, too. It sure feels like it when I push it, much smoother than strollers w/ hard wheels.

I've never had complaints about who sits in the back before. They can't see straight ahead but they can see out the sides. The only thing I've found is that they're often overlooked in the back -- people don't think to look for a kid back there and are surprised when they finally see him or her!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Life with a Toddler
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Toddler › Life with a Toddler › Phil and Ted's E3 owners- help!