or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A feel-good story

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
So, my co-worker's partner is intact. He works as a meat cutter in a local grocery store. He and several of his fellow meat cutters (also intact) there have formed a club, called "Team Foreskin".

When a new male joins the staff, Team Foreskin joins him in the staff room, and very seriously asks him, "So, dude, are you circumcised?"

If the answer is "No", a resounding cheer goes up followed by a chorus of "Team Foreskin, Team Foreskin, Team Foreskin!!!" and staff member is heartily congratulated and becomes a part of the club.

If the answer is "Yes", condolences are given and that's it.

*******************************

I am contemplating giving all members of Team Foreskin a free intactivist t-shirt from my site as a kudos for coming up with this. Just incredible to see intact young men being proud of their status and so vocal about it --- spread that Intactivist word, boys!!!


- Kira
post #2 of 18
That's cool. Maybe they should offer restoration info along with their condolences :
post #3 of 18
Thread Starter 
Good idea, actually. I'll print out some of these for their club to keep on hand.


- Kira
post #4 of 18


That's funny.
post #5 of 18
I think that's funny and everything, but how do the circumcised men react? Is it really anybody else's business if they're intact or not? Has this ever offended any of them? Honestly, my circed husband would be offended that anyone would ask about the status of his penis, and the fact that he would then be offered condolences would just serve to inflate that offense.
post #6 of 18
I think it's great they're proud. Having said that this made me think that as much as I want circ. to no longer be the norm I would be really upset if intact boys started making fun of circ'ed boys much like circ'ed allegedly do now.

But I do appreciate the humor in the story and hopefully the circ'ed guys don't take it too personally.
post #7 of 18
I think it's ironic that they're all meat cutters.
post #8 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan1097 View Post
I think it's ironic that they're all meat cutters.
post #9 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdavis337
I think that's funny and everything, but how do the circumcised men react? Is it really anybody else's business if they're intact or not? Has this ever offended any of them? Honestly, my circed husband would be offended that anyone would ask about the status of his penis, and the fact that he would then be offered condolences would just serve to inflate that offense.
ITA.

These guys had no choice. Their parents decided to cut off part of their penises. I'm not saying we shouldn't acknowledge that they're missing something, but I wonder whether this teasing is productive or counter-productive. I would hate for the circed guys to get defensive and want to circ their kids because "THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH ME."

If it's not right to tease an intact guy, it's not right to tease a circed guy, either.

Put the shoe on the other foot -- if you were talking about a bunch of women, and those of us who are intact started asking our circed friends from circing cultures at playgroup or work whether they were whole or circed, and then whether we gave them condolences or not, they learned that there was a TEAM CLITORIS, would that be OK?
post #10 of 18
Thread Starter 
I guess I wasn't clear enough in my original post, Team Foreskin does not tease non-members, but actually is sincere in saying they are sorry to hear that a fellow has been circumcised. I think it opens up room for discussion and is a chance to educate.

And yes, the fact that these guys are all meat-cutters was not lost on me either!



- Kira
post #11 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan1097 View Post
I think it's ironic that they're all meat cutters.
Yeah that was the first thing that caught my attention too.
post #12 of 18
That's kinda weird! What a personal question to be asking a new co-worker. When I was working, if I was cornered in a room and being asked by numerous employees if I shave my genitals, or another question having to do with my genitals.... I'd be a bit creeped out.
post #13 of 18
Thread Starter 
Since I work in a spa, questions regarding hair removal from genitals is as common as asking what one had for dinner! I even fielded a phone call today from a client who told me all about a yeast infection she had just gotten over.
post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Kira~ View Post
I guess I wasn't clear enough in my original post, Team Foreskin does not tease non-members, but actually is sincere in saying they are sorry to hear that a fellow has been circumcised. I think it opens up room for discussion and is a chance to educate.Kira
I agree!
Most of guys will never hear a word about circ being something wrong and something to feel sorry about. Everyone is just too afraid to make them feel bad. And guess what? they go ahead and circ their sons because there is nothing wrong with this, right?
So, I think what those guys doing is great! They also should print some info of why circ is wrong and what circ penis is missing with the links to the British sensitivity study and hand it over to those who think that there is nothing wrong with circ.
The only way to stop MGM is by educating people. And yes, in the process there WILL BE plenty of circ'd men who will feel offended. They are victims, it's true. But there is just no way around hurting people when it comes to such a touchy for many people subject.
yulia.
post #15 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yulia_R View Post
I Everyone is just too afraid to make them feel bad. And guess what? they go ahead and circ their sons because there is nothing wrong with this, right?
I totally agree, Yulia. I think it's great these guys are proud to be intact; they should be. If everyone just keeps tap dancing around circ'd mens' egos it will remain status quo....and the cutting will go on for another generation.
post #16 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodMomma View Post
That's kinda weird! What a personal question to be asking a new co-worker. When I was working, if I was cornered in a room and being asked by numerous employees if I shave my genitals, or another question having to do with my genitals.... I'd be a bit creeped out.
Nah, not if you had a job involving genitals.
post #17 of 18
Quote:
Nah, not if you had a job involving genitals
Yeah, but they're meat cutters. (chuckle) They work in a grocery store. So, I have to admit, I'd find that a little odd, too, to be approached in the staff room by a "team" of people all wanting to know something like that! :

That said, if they're really not cliquish about it -- everybody iognore the new guy! He's not a member of team foreskin! -- then it's probably a good thing for guys to be showing some "intact pride." This culture could use a little more of that!
post #18 of 18
I had to go back to the original post and see where you lived. I knew for sure it was not the US just by the number of intact men working together in the same place. I also thought this would be a meat slicing joke.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Understanding Circumcision