or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Arts & Crafts › Books, Music, and Media › What bad movie do you secretly love?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What bad movie do you secretly love? - Page 2

post #21 of 232
My husband makes fun of me because I love all those cheesy over-the-top environmental disaster movies. The asteroids, earthquakes, volcanoes, tornadoes, super-storm, ice-age-coming type of movies. If they have to travel to the center of the earth or to outer space to save all of humanity, all the better. :
post #22 of 232
Its not really a secret but I love Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.
post #23 of 232
Tremors. Only the first one though- the one with Kevin Bacon. I do luv me some bacon.
post #24 of 232
Center Stage

(please don't tell anyone) :
post #25 of 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by gealach View Post
My husband makes fun of me because I love all those cheesy over-the-top environmental disaster movies. The asteroids, earthquakes, volcanoes, tornadoes, super-storm, ice-age-coming type of movies. If they have to travel to the center of the earth or to outer space to save all of humanity, all the better. :
This is me to a tee I even enjoyed Day After Tomorrow and made DH watch it with me one evening recently.

And how could I forget - Cry Baby.
post #26 of 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by gealach View Post
My husband makes fun of me because I love all those cheesy over-the-top environmental disaster movies. The asteroids, earthquakes, volcanoes, tornadoes, super-storm, ice-age-coming type of movies. If they have to travel to the center of the earth or to outer space to save all of humanity, all the better. :
: You sound like my daughter. She's seen Twister at least 15 times.

And my son used to be obsessed with the Godzilla movies. I'm pretty sure he has every one ever made packed away somewhere.
post #27 of 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by erika978 View Post
This is me to a tee I even enjoyed Day After Tomorrow and made DH watch it with me one evening recently.

And how could I forget - Cry Baby.
How dare you say "even" enjoyed?! That is one of my favorites! Who doesn't love walking by the Statue of Liberty because the New York harbor has frozen over?
post #28 of 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanteach View Post
Xanadu. 80s musical. Acted out almost entirely in roller skates.

Need I say more?
I'm with ya ... going to see that movie was my 10th birthday present. I thought it was *so* cool then ... now I still enjoy it, while I recognize the "razzie" quality.

Did ya know it's on Broadway now?
post #29 of 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by gealach View Post
How dare you say "even" enjoyed?! That is one of my favorites! Who doesn't love walking by the Statue of Liberty because the New York harbor has frozen over?

:

There is something special about frozen New York. But I particularly enjoyed the huge wave obliterating it all.

Ok, i can go even worse.


I religiously watched The Stand every week when it reran over here recently
post #30 of 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by erika978 View Post

I religiously watched The Stand every week when it reran over here recently
Great, now I have a miniseries I might need to see! Is it horror? Because I don't do horror. But, a plague wiping out 2/3 of the earth's inhabitants sounds like good viewing to me.

(Don't worry, I'm not this jaded in real life. I don't really want a tsunami to wipe out New York or anything. I just kind of like to watch Mama Earth giving us humans a little something back after our centuries of abusing her. Only on film, though. No humans or cityscapes were harmed during the viewing of my cheesy movies.)
post #31 of 232
Sort of horror. I take it you know it is based on the Stephan King novel (one of my favourites)?

I will warn you now though, it is beyond bad. Big names but terrible acting and even worse special f/x and sets!
post #32 of 232
Shut UP! I LOVE THE STAND! :

Oh gosh, I've got a huge list of lousy movies I love I love cheesy teenage movies from the 90's; Clueless, Scream (the first one), I Know What you Did Last Summer, Can't Hardly Wait, 10 Things I Hate About You, Fear... :

Pretty much if it had Jennifer Love Hewitt, Julia Styles or Neve Campbell in it, I was all over that :

And I still watch all of them whenever I catch them on TV :
post #33 of 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterproofmascara View Post
Tremors. Only the first one though- the one with Kevin Bacon. I do luv me some bacon.
Yup, and He Said, She Said, and She's Having a Baby.
post #34 of 232
I like a lot of the movies mentioned here, but my biggest, deepest darkest secret movie is Tombstone. It's a character flaw. I'm a sucker for a smart-ass. "Maybe poker's just not your game. I know. Let's have a spelling contest." :
post #35 of 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by gealach View Post
My husband makes fun of me because I love all those cheesy over-the-top environmental disaster movies. The asteroids, earthquakes, volcanoes, tornadoes, super-storm, ice-age-coming type of movies. If they have to travel to the center of the earth or to outer space to save all of humanity, all the better. :
I love those, but only if I can mock the "science" in them while I'm watching.

Like, remember in Volcano when the lava was diverted to flow underground in the sewer system, and the guy lifted the lid off and looked at it, and his face was about a foot away, and it DIDN'T melt off? That was hilarious!
post #36 of 232
I really, really love the movie "Mean Girls." It's one of my favorites.

Oh, and "Hot Chick" with Rob Schneider.
post #37 of 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by boingo82 View Post
I love those, but only if I can mock the "science" in them while I'm watching.

Like, remember in Volcano when the lava was diverted to flow underground in the sewer system, and the guy lifted the lid off and looked at it, and his face was about a foot away, and it DIDN'T melt off? That was hilarious!
Oh yes, this is a huge part of the fun. Of course, I TOTALLY believe that shooting a nuclear warhead deep into the earth at an exact point would manage to divert the tectonic shifting along the San Andreas fault and save coastal California from being split apart from the rest of the country by a mile-wide and 600-mile-long canyon. :
post #38 of 232
Thought of another one..

Earth Girls are Easy..

I love their makeovers...

B L O N D Don't ya wish ya were me?

And what was the movie where the hot alien was eating paprika?
post #39 of 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanteach View Post
Xanadu. 80s musical. Acted out almost entirely in roller skates.

Need I say more?
FAVORITE!!!! : and Dirty Dancing, any 80's movies: Pretty in Pink, Sixteen Candles, Breakfast Club, St. Elmo's Fire, Lost Boys (and now they're The Two Corey's)

Showing my age huh? As I see someone said 90's movies!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRockstar View Post
I like a lot of the movies mentioned here, but my biggest, deepest darkest secret movie is Tombstone. It's a character flaw. I'm a sucker for a smart-ass. "Maybe poker's just not your game. I know. Let's have a spelling contest." :
DH's all time FAV.... "well you ain't no daisy" We liked Deadwood too, when we had HBO. :
post #40 of 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Cups View Post
Bring It On

Evolution
This could totaly be my list. I love them both I also love the newest Parent Trap with Lindsay Lohan when she was cute and 12.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Books, Music, and Media
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Arts & Crafts › Books, Music, and Media › What bad movie do you secretly love?