1) Is this your first baby?No. I have five living children.
a) If no, how closely spaced will this one be with your older kids?about 2 1/2 years between my youngest dd and this one. 15 years between my oldest and this one!
2) If you find out the gender, will you be announcing it? (Either to friends/family/or us)I don't think I want to know this time.
3) Do you have names chosen?I don't think I want to pick a name either. Feeling jumpy and superstitious this time around.
a) Will you share those names with anyone?
4) Will you or a partner be staying home with this baby?I'm not sure. Usually I work, but I recently quit my job...and finding a new job while pg might be kind of, er, interesting. We'll see.
5) Do you have any pets?No. Just the kids.
a) How many and what kind?
6) Do you have any particular hobby?Yes, a bunch
a) What is it? How long have you been doing it? Is/was it hard to learn?Sewing, when I have the time. Drawing and painting, and writing. Also computer-related stuff - graphic design, etc.
7) What are your favorite colors for yourself? For your baby? For your home?Hmm. I like dark jewel tones for myself. I'll have to see the baby to decide - some of my kids are blonde and some are brunettes.
8) Will you be CDing or sposies or EC or some combination?combo.
9) What pregnancy/birth/baby preparation books do you have/have you read?Gazillions. Especially after I had a C-section with my 1st & I was determined to not let that happen again. Right now I dip into "Pregnancy after a Loss" and "Trying Again" to help me keep my sanity.
a) What pregnancy/birth/baby preparation book would you recommend to a first time mom?The Birth Book, The Baby Book, The Birth Partner's Handbook.
10) What kind of birth are you hoping/planning for?Hospital, midwife, as much time in the jacuzzi as possible. But, here's what happened with my youngest. My DH came home from work at midnight and I had a huge contraction. Had another one 10 minutes later and another 10 minutes after that. Decided to take a bath. After 20 minutes in the bath, got out, felt like baby was going to drop on the floor, shouted to DH "CALL EVERYONE!". Got to the hospital (swearing all the way there, contractions now 2 min apart) about 40 minutes later and literally did not have time to get my gown on all the way before needing to push. Baby was born 20 minutes after we pulled into the parking lot!
That was a little crazy. I'm hoping for something a little more on the calm side.
a) Does your partner support your desire/choice?I'm sure he would like a less white-knuckle drive to the hospital, too. But seriously, he supports all my choices.
11) Will any family/friend (other than partner) be staying with you after the birth?Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. You're kidding, right?
a) Is that a good thing or a bad thing?see above.
12) What kinds of food do you plan to pre-cook for after the birth?
[COLOR="DarkGreen"]I am not thinking that far ahead. I like to bake a lot though. /COLOR]
a) Would you be willing to share recipes with the rest of us? (Hey, if enough people want to share recipes, that could be a new sticky, cause I know I'm not too thrilled with the idea of a million lasagnas...)Sure