or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Diapering › Celebrity Cloth Diaper-ers
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Celebrity Cloth Diaper-ers - Page 3

post #41 of 97
Yeah, but what if, just what if, they bought up ALL the Fluff and didn't leave any for me, um, I mean us? :LOL
ps-once on Guiding Light, Blake was talking about her Diaper Service
and I saw Matthew Broderick in a pic wearing his baby in a Baby Bjorn...not a sling, but he was wearing the baby
post #42 of 97
The Benneton brand is not so secret after all - you can find it in any supermarked in Denmark, and I guess, all over Europe. I bought them for my kids every now and then when I used to be a sposies mom : and they only cost a tad bit more than pampers. I am all better now - only CD here
post #43 of 97
I read all the gossip rags and I always notice when a celeb talks about their kids or is in pics with them. Matt LeBlanc mentioned his wife BFing in an interview. They asked how the baby was doing and he said "she's great! she's probably at home having her way with my wife's breast as we speak!" Charlie Sheen talked about his and Denise Richards new baby and said he was up till 2 am trying to get the baby to go to sleep so Denise could get some sleep and he said that she just kept crying and he couldn't calm her from rocking, feeding (sadly, it sounded like FF) or singing or whatever and finally he took her to their bed to Denise and she was fine then. Then he said something about there being times when you just have to put compassion before your own needs. I thought that was nice.

I'm reasonably sure that Gwyneth Paltrow is BFing Apple. Every pic I see of her lately, she's got these gynormous boobies which she never had before. Plus I've read that Gwyneth has no intentions of working again anytime soon, if at all. She apparently is quite happy just being married and taking care of Baby Apple. Apple is SO CUTE, btw. Her pic was in US.

I really keep thinking I should stop buying these mags because I always feel sorry for the celebs being stalked by paparazzi, but I'm addicted.

On the opposite side of the coin: I was horrified by last week's episode of Nick & Jessica. (yes, I watch those two ) They went to visit some friends and their baby in Arizona at some resort. The baby was a doll. The first scene with him, everyone is outside - in ARIZONA - lying in the sun. They did show them putting sunscreen on the baby, but still. It's SO HOT there, who would have their baby outside with them for that long in the heat of the day so they can sunbathe? Anyway, they were formula feeding him of course, so Jessica was helping mix formula and feeding him and playing with him the whole show. Cute enough, but here's the worst part. They took him inside after he got fussy and they were still out sunbathing and he was "taking a nap", ie screaming his head off in his crib while everyone else sits in the sun and listens to the baby monitor. The mother says "I'm just gonna let him cry for a little bit, he'll go to sleep". Jessica says, I can't stand listening to him and gets up and goes in to see him. He's lying there in the crib just screaming his poor little head off. (I could cry at this point and had to turn it off and finish watching later) She pats his tummy and talks to him like an adult "you're not taking a nap, go to sleep" and they show Nick outside listening to the monitor so he can hear Jessica and everyone is sitting there cracking up, including the baby's mother! Jessica is an idiot of course and didn't ever pick him up, just stands there patting his tummy while he screams and she tells him he is supposed to be napping. GAH!

Okay, if that's not enough - later on Jessica and the baby's mom decide to go get massages. They leave the baby in his stroller next to the hot tub where Nick and the baby's father are hanging out and DRINKING BEER. The baby just hangs out in his stroller while the guys hang out in the hot tub getting drunk. And yes, they did get Drunk, it wasn't just one beer.

The one good thing later on though, Nick and Jessica were talking about if they have their own babies and Nick says "I'll BF, you can give bottles". I guess he was making a joke, but at least it sounds like he might be pro BFing and hopefully would encourage her to make better use of her tatas than just selling albums.

Oh yeah, and I think that Tony Blair's wife had twins a while back. I remember reading about her getting pregnant at 40 or so and being nervous and stuff.

Annette, Celebrity Watcher
post #44 of 97
I once saw Julianne Moore at the birthing center in Manhattan taking a sling class - that rocked!

And I wonder if Gwyneth Paltrow and her husband CD - I saw in People Magazine a little poem he wrote that mentions washing diapers.
post #45 of 97
Just a correction on the nick and jessica show - before they babysat the mom said - this is my milk and mixed it with some formula and jess asked it comes from your boobs and she said yes. :LOL But yes, Dh and I were like, that poor sunburned baby!
post #46 of 97
You'd think more celeberties would CD since they all seem to be very into the environment, hybrid cars are a big thing right now. Why aren't CD's?
post #47 of 97
Quote:
Cindy Crawford
Nope, she definitely didn't breastfeed. Saw several articles where she defended her 'right to choose formula' and encouraging moms not to 'let anyone make them feel bad about their choice', and it was the right one for her.
post #48 of 97
I saw one show where Cindy was discussing the pros and cons of vaxing... and then they showed her riding off in the passenger seat with the baby on her lap.

She did homebirth though.
post #49 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annette&Aden

oh yeah, and I think that Tony Blair's wife had twins a while back. I remember reading about her getting pregnant at 40 or so and being nervous and stuff.

Annette, Celebrity Watcher
hehee this is my first post! i have been lurking! but i had to point out that the blairs have four children...but the twins are about 20 or something! they did have a babe a few years ago a little boy called leo though!
post #50 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaiamom
:LOL :LOL :LOL :LOL
i'm laughin' so hard my dh's yelling up the stairs, "what's so funny, are you lookin at porn?"

OMG...I am LOL : : : I laughed so hard I scared the baby!
post #51 of 97
ooh even worse was on "newlyweds" (oops! did i just out myself, I SWEAR i just watched 10 minutes!!) and jessica says oh did you see her C/S scar it is so tiny....and the reast i couldnt hear but SOUNDED like she was in favor of a C/B - like WOW! it's no big deal...
post #52 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annette&Aden

On the opposite side of the coin: I was horrified by last week's episode of Nick & Jessica. (yes, I watch those two ) They went to visit some friends and their baby in Arizona at some resort. The baby was a doll. The first scene with him, everyone is outside - in ARIZONA - lying in the sun. They did show them putting sunscreen on the baby, but still. It's SO HOT there, who would have their baby outside with them for that long in the heat of the day so they can sunbathe? Anyway, they were formula feeding him of course, so Jessica was helping mix formula and feeding him and playing with him the whole show. Cute enough, but here's the worst part. They took him inside after he got fussy and they were still out sunbathing and he was "taking a nap", ie screaming his head off in his crib while everyone else sits in the sun and listens to the baby monitor. The mother says "I'm just gonna let him cry for a little bit, he'll go to sleep". Jessica says, I can't stand listening to him and gets up and goes in to see him. He's lying there in the crib just screaming his poor little head off. (I could cry at this point and had to turn it off and finish watching later) She pats his tummy and talks to him like an adult "you're not taking a nap, go to sleep" and they show Nick outside listening to the monitor so he can hear Jessica and everyone is sitting there cracking up, including the baby's mother! Jessica is an idiot of course and didn't ever pick him up, just stands there patting his tummy while he screams and she tells him he is supposed to be napping. GAH!

Okay, if that's not enough - later on Jessica and the baby's mom decide to go get massages. They leave the baby in his stroller next to the hot tub where Nick and the baby's father are hanging out and DRINKING BEER. The baby just hangs out in his stroller while the guys hang out in the hot tub getting drunk. And yes, they did get Drunk, it wasn't just one beer.

The one good thing later on though, Nick and Jessica were talking about if they have their own babies and Nick says "I'll BF, you can give bottles". I guess he was making a joke, but at least it sounds like he might be pro BFing and hopefully would encourage her to make better use of her tatas than just selling albums.



Annette, Celebrity Watcher
I saw that too -- I live here in AZ. I was totally appalled with the baby up in the crib screaming while the mom laughed by the pool! I couldnt believe it was Jessica that went up to check on him and not the mom!

But I do have to say that that episode was filmed months ago and it is only really hot here from about May til Sept. the rest of the year it is BEAUTIFUL so it makes sense that they were sun bathing. Though having the baby in stroller by the hot tub while mom is getting a massage and dad is drinking beer (drinking away his hangover from the night before really) makes me sick. Why did they have a baby?
post #53 of 97
There was a show on E! about celebrity moms and there really are a ton who babywear. There are so many super fancy kinds of carriers - you know Louis Vitton and some fancy sheepskin one and all these others that cost about $1000.
post #54 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by mehndi mama
Actually, there *is* a secret elite sposie brand - Benneton. They make super-pricey colored/patterned 'sposies. I was rather disappointed to see 'em.
But I guess if there's a market....
post #55 of 97
nak

oh, I must have missed it when she said it was her milk on newlyweds. I'm glad I'm not the only one watching that show!

I guess it wasn't Tony Blair's wife! Haha! I do remember someone British and prominent being pregnant with twins a while back though! That was in response to the pp who mentioned the British prime minister's wife being ap with twins. oh well. Mommy brain. :
post #56 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by radish
ooh even worse was on "newlyweds" (oops! did i just out myself, I SWEAR i just watched 10 minutes!!) and jessica says oh did you see her C/S scar it is so tiny....and the reast i couldnt hear but SOUNDED like she was in favor of a C/B - like WOW! it's no big deal...
I lurke alot here to read about diapers and such but I have to ask...do you all think tha C/S by choice are bad?? I choose to have my babies by C-sec and I feel it was the best thing that I ever did.

Also someone else commented on them having a beer while the baby was in the stroller. Is the belief here that once you have children your life ends?? Would it have been better if they left the child with a sitter??

As i said I lurke here mostly because I am in complete disbelif of some of the views that are expressed but I usually jsut keep quiet..I just kind of took offence to the reference of C/S by choice and thought I would just ask. I do things that would more than likely get me kicked off this board so I will keep that info to myself...

Just my opinion here ladies but maybe you all should try to not be so high handed with only your way or no way...it can hurt feelings or make weaker women than myself feel like a horrible mother for making her own choices and doing what is best.

Peace,
Misty
post #57 of 97
Misty,

We have to keep things mostly diaper related but I think you might want to check out the MDC statement of purpose: HERE
post #58 of 97
ugh... lets not start this discussion in the diapering forum.

can I use this icon cause i sooo want to.. it makes me giggle

:trollicon
post #59 of 97
You can use that one if I can use this one:
post #60 of 97
According to Allure magazine (which, errr, I found in the street... ), Kate Hudson is co-sleeping, and I'm pretty sure she is breastfeeding as well.

BTW, Tony Blair's wife had a baby, but just the one.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Diapering
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Diapering › Celebrity Cloth Diaper-ers