- Trace around the matress and add 1/2 inch seam allowance.
- Cut 1 peice the size of your pattern. this is the top
- Fold down about a third of you pattern so it is 2/3 the lemgth of the original.
- Cut 2 peices to the modified pattern, these are the bottom
- sew a hem on the side where you folded
- overlap to 2 bottom pieces so that they match the top piece
- place top piece wrong side to the wrong side of the overlapped bottom pieces pin
- sew all the way around the edge
- unpin and turn right side out
You treat these like pillow shams when putting them on the matress. It is very important that they fit well so that the baby can not get tangled in them.