or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Birth and Beyond › Unassisted Childbirth › Looks like I may not get my UC afterall...5th section...maybe.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Looks like I may not get my UC afterall...5th section...maybe. - Page 4

post #61 of 87
Could not read all of this without adding best of luck and lots of hugs!!! may you get the birth of your dreams and may the stress be releived somewhat.
post #62 of 87
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskennedy View Post
But clue me in, why can't you UC with a vertical incision? Haven't others?
Yes, others have. I do not personally consider it a "good risk." But not an issue anymore.
post #63 of 87
First,

I have to say, in your shoes I would book with a midwife (if one is available) and stay home. Otherwise, I'd stay home. With a 1-50 chance of rupture, I'd play those odds.
post #64 of 87
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack View Post
First,

I have to say, in your shoes I would book with a midwife (if one is available) and stay home. Otherwise, I'd stay home. With a 1-50 chance of rupture, I'd play those odds.
Where do you get a 1-50 odds estimate? Even WITH a classical cut it's much less than that.
Nope, no midwife. If I wanted intervention I'd see an OB, cheaper. Nothing against the great midwives here, but I have talked to some locally. No way am I paying someone to give me rules. I'm a big girl. UC or section. And UC is still looking good!
post #65 of 87
Oh, I'm so glad things are clearer and you still feel you can UC. I was all deflated thinking I was losing one of my UC due date buddies.
post #66 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmzbm View Post
Yes, others have. I do not personally consider it a "good risk." But not an issue anymore.
Does that mean the doc confirmed what you thought?
post #67 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack View Post
First,

I have to say, in your shoes I would book with a midwife (if one is available) and stay home. Otherwise, I'd stay home. With a 1-50 chance of rupture, I'd play those odds.
Quote:
Where do you get a 1-50 odds estimate? Even WITH a classical cut it's much less than that.
Nope, no midwife. If I wanted intervention I'd see an OB, cheaper. Nothing against the great midwives here, but I have talked to some locally. No way am I paying someone to give me rules. I'm a big girl. UC or section. And UC is still looking good!
If a classical cut has a 2.2% chance of rupture, that means it has a bit more than 2 in 100 chance, which means a bit more than a 1 in 50 chance. 1.1 in 50, actually.
post #68 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by feebeeglee View Post
If a classical cut has a 2.2% chance of rupture, that means it has a bit more than 2 in 100 chance, which means a bit more than a 1 in 50 chance. 1.1 in 50, actually.
But that's before labor, right? What are the odds during labor?
post #69 of 87
Quote:
No way am I paying someone to give me rules. I'm a big girl.
No doubt!
post #70 of 87
Marie, I stumbled upon this thread today. I was prepared to offer you a great big bear . Now I get to do this:

: : :

GIP vibes
post #71 of 87


It sounded as though it may be an inverted T incision.... or not. Hard to tell.

If your gut says UC, the UC!

You can do it!

-Angela
post #72 of 87
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by quarteralien View Post
Does that mean the doc confirmed what you thought?
Yup. It's low transverse. I - essentialy - called the first time wanting confirmation of the classical being vertical, of course he said "if it says classical that's what it is." Duh, my bad...should have read it all first & been more clear. Had a nice chat today...he is attending homebirths now even! He said, basically, he "cannot" attend a VBAC after more than one section but that there is no reason I can't be successful & wished me well. I do really like that man.

Premature panicking I suppose. Oh well.
post #73 of 87
Wow. How lovely that he was encouraging. It must make you feel even more confident, to have your OB telling you after 4 sections that you CAN do it.

Take care, wishing you all the best!

Kat
post #74 of 87
That's awesome! Not that you need his approval, but it must feel good anyway! Congrats!
post #75 of 87
Thread Starter 
Thanks!
post #76 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmzbm View Post
Yup. It's low transverse. I - essentialy - called the first time wanting confirmation of the classical being vertical, of course he said "if it says classical that's what it is." Duh, my bad...should have read it all first & been more clear. Had a nice chat today...he is attending homebirths now even! He said, basically, he "cannot" attend a VBAC after more than one section but that there is no reason I can't be successful & wished me well. I do really like that man.

Premature panicking I suppose. Oh well.

oh yay!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy for you.

man what an emotional rollercoaster you must have been on the last two days.

Can't wait to read about your UC this spring
post #77 of 87
Your UC will be a victory if ever there was one! We are all here for you. I am so happy for you that you can go ahead with the UC plans.
post #78 of 87
i am so glad to hear that you got some answers! So the Uc is on and your stress is releived right?!? (does the i come before the e in releived?) That OB sounds like a great guy, the ladies birthing at home who choose him are pretty lucky to have him as a resource from what is sounds like.
Rock on mama, great news!
Angela
post #79 of 87
Thread Starter 
Thanks, Katie!

Another cool, kind of surprising, update:

Earlier I had made several attempts to call my former OB, wasn't getting him. (Did later, obviously.) But I got it in my head to call the assisting OB. Turns out that was a good idea! I left a message and he just called me back. What a friendly guy, really! He pulled up my records on his computer and read THROUGH THEM WITH ME, he didn't have to do that & basically expained it (the surgery) step by step. He said he remembered my surgery as he didn't assist my OB that many times. He recalled a large amt. of scarring. I knew that. He said that there is NO WAY I have a classical cut, and the word "classical" is not even IN the operative report, technically. It's in the NURSES NOTES. He said they screw stuff up like that all the time. He said it's been a VERY long time (way more than 17 months) since he's even seen a classical incision. That there is "no earthly reason" for me to have gotten "that." I told him what I was doing and why I wanted to know. He didn't even pause, he just said "Wow, congratulations and good luck!" I'm telling you, different birth enviornment there. Here? Scary. But I am so glad I called him! LOL, a patient called and he said he was on an "important personal call" and said he'd call them back...not every day an OB makes you feel special! OK, done raving about OB's now! :

Good news all 'round!
post #80 of 87
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelaB View Post
i am so glad to hear that you got some answers! So the Uc is on and your stress is releived right?!? (does the i come before the e in releived?) That OB sounds like a great guy, the ladies birthing at home who choose him are pretty lucky to have him as a resource from what is sounds like.
Rock on mama, great news!
Angela
OMG, you DID put it in your sig.! :
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Unassisted Childbirth
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Birth and Beyond › Unassisted Childbirth › Looks like I may not get my UC afterall...5th section...maybe.