Dayton OH Local Swap!
I am hosting a swap in the Dayton, OH area on January 16th at 2 pm.
This is a big swap, where we can get rid of things we don't need anymore and get things we do. The model that I really want to copy is from the website www.swapmamas.com
. The idea is that I will put out my items, and somebody will take one or more of my things, and then I will find some things that I need. Please remember that if you're bringing items, that means you are okay with somebody else taking them home, even if they don't have something you want. Hopefully there will be enough giving and trading combined that everybody can leave happy. If anybody has any more suggestions as to rules or guidelines, I'd love to hear them.
This will probably be most successful if we can limit the kids to only those that need to come. If you can't leave your children at home, then let me know so that I'll have an idea of how many kids to expect so we can keep it under control. They most likely won't be able to play outside because it will be freezing, but we'll try to set up an area for them inside. If you can leave them at home with somebody else, that is encouraged.
I'll have access to the building at 2 pm, so I'll arrive then and start setting up. I'll probably stay for a few hours, we'll say until 5 pm. Any of these specifics can change as the time gets closer, and I can gage the responses and the weather (it will be January, so here's hoping it's not a blizzard day!). I'll send out a reminder in the beginning of January to start getting your stuff organized! Make sure you put it on your calender now, so that you don't forget!
Here are the rules! If you don't like them, let me know beforehand and we'll work on it. This is just the idea I have for now:
1. Bring clean, gently used items only. Anything is welcome that you don't want anymore - kid and adult clothes, household items, books, movies, anything!
2. Each guest receives one swap coupon for each item brought to the swap party. (I may use tickets - still deciding how to do this. Also may do more tickets for more expensive items).
3. No “swap shopping” can begin until the hostess announces that all of the merchandise is ready for browsing.
4. Start shopping! You may take as many items as you have coupons.
5. If two people both want the same item, put names into a hat and draw. The winner gets the item!
6.There is to be no money exchanged!
Please PM me for the address if you'd like to take part