or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Life With a Baby › It's September! Calling all April 2007 mama's!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

It's September! Calling all April 2007 mama's! - Page 20

post #381 of 441
treemom-SO glad to see you here! Maiya is so pretty in your picture. Thank you for sharing. Here is a beautiful story about Spirit Babies...
http://www.babycatcher.net/excerpt2.html
You have probably seen that before. I don't think it is so wierd that your translator would have the same EDD. I still think about our twin (Noah's) that we lost and get teary-eyed when people have/talk about/are expecting twins. I cry about it when I feel like it. Then I feel better. It is funny, but I think of the tears as the only way I can touch our little angel. To bathe her in tears. I don't know if it was a girl, but something sure tells me that. I call her Angela-for Angel.

I have never gotten to talk to you about Japan. Oh how we miss it!

On another note-we are just this close to having a contract on a house!!!

Noah is still quite sedentary. And very little laughing. Actually he has a cold, so he is pretty fussy and sleepless. I can't wait to be done w this house stuff!

Loving all of the cute pics! I have some pics of Noah in his John Deere longies on our BLog.
post #382 of 441
So good to hear from you, treemom!! It is so cool that you are thinking about adoption.
post #383 of 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by kewpie-o View Post
So good to hear from you, treemom!! It is so cool that you are thinking about adoption.
I agree - I think adoption is beautiful...I really hope we can do that someday.
post #384 of 441
your totally welcome here!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by treemom2 View Post
I've been trying to decide whether I should post here or not, am I welcome? Its just we were all in the same DDC and I really wanted to see all your baby pics and hear your updates I just wanted to tell you all that your babes are so beautiful!!! I held a babe born in April last week, it was amazing, felt soooo good, but I had to fight back tears the whole time. . .didn't want the mama to freak out seeing me cry yk? My translator from my birth is pregnant with her first child and wouldn't you know her due date is the same as my due date was with Naiya. . .weird. DH and I have decided we won't have any more bio children (I would be scared the whole pg), but he does understand this need I have to have another baby (weird huh, I was totally freaked when I found out I was pg last time: ), so we will try looking into adoption when DS is about 5. Anyway, I hope you all are doing well!!!!

--Barbara
post #385 of 441
Just subbing.... I've been so freakin busy. My head spins around and around trying to figure out what to do next. I try to keep up with everyone and love seeing the beautiful babies. I'm just so freakin busy with trying to get organized, taking care of the little ones and school - which is going to be a real kicker this semester but if I can manage, I will be graduating after next semester!!

Treemom - I am also so glad to see you here. Of course you are welcome. I agree with the others about the crying and how it should be more acceptable because it is and emotional release. I also think adopting would be very cool.


Ok gotta go. I'm very sleepy. night night
post #386 of 441
hi everyone! pak

Welcome Treemom! I have been thinking about you--It was a happy surprise to see you had written!

maine was a great time--we love the common ground fair. we also went to acadia national park. ...but now i have to catch up on my reading here again

happy fall!
post #387 of 441
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemom2 View Post
I've been trying to decide whether I should post here or not, am I welcome?

--Barbara

You and your daughter have been thought of often over here. All have been wondering how you have been coping. Such a loss that I still have trouble understanding.
post #388 of 441
Treemom2 - Welcome, welcome. My heart goes out to you. I teared up looking at your sweet babe. Hugs to you.
post #389 of 441
nak
so i was swinging axel and had to put eva down, so instead of lying her i sat her on the grass and she sat there playing with the leaves and grass the whole time!!
the delayed rolling was just a joke- she's turned into a little precocious baby who's interested in grabbing everything and costantly threatening disaster....hair,dinner plates, computers, cords....let me grab it!
A
post #390 of 441
Treemom, you'll always be welcome here, this is your DDC as well.
post #391 of 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
nak
so i was swinging axel and had to put eva down, so instead of lying her i sat her on the grass and she sat there playing with the leaves and grass the whole time!!
the delayed rolling was just a joke- she's turned into a little precocious baby who's interested in grabbing everything and costantly threatening disaster....hair,dinner plates, computers, cords....let me grab it!
A
I know : It's like an explosion just happened with Romi as well!! She's insanely active at grabbing stuff and promptly shoving it into her mouth, grass, sticks, hair, phones... I had forgotten about that phase! She gets this determined look about her when she's ready to grab! It's adorable
I LOVE it!!!
post #392 of 441
I finally found the perfect use for the bumbo: video chat with grandma when mommy doesn't want to be on camera.

I think I can probably feel comfortable attempting a back carry in the Ergo soon. I just worry about my hair. I probably need to have someone show me how to use scarves to bind my hair up. I should ask in the babywearing forum. My hair is so fine and slippery that he can pull it out of a braid or bun (or braided bun) in no time. Maybe I need to braid a bun, pin it well, then use scarves to tie up tightly. Or maybe I need to sew it down in a taped crown braid with laces/ribbon. (As if I have time for that.) Any thoughts?
post #393 of 441
That's an awfully good question about the hair...I'd like to know, too! And look how cute he is sitting in that bumbo!! That is adorable!!!
post #394 of 441
I use the bumbo on top of my dryer while i do laundry!( ok i know it shouldn't be up high but i am right next to her) and she watches me and i get my thousands of loads of laundry done!

Back carry in the ergo is really easy and awesome and i just love it, i will get dh to take a video of me puttin gi t on and show you! :P



Quote:
Originally Posted by jocelyndale View Post
I finally found the perfect use for the bumbo: video chat with grandma when mommy doesn't want to be on camera.

I think I can probably feel comfortable attempting a back carry in the Ergo soon. I just worry about my hair. I probably need to have someone show me how to use scarves to bind my hair up. I should ask in the babywearing forum. My hair is so fine and slippery that he can pull it out of a braid or bun (or braided bun) in no time. Maybe I need to braid a bun, pin it well, then use scarves to tie up tightly. Or maybe I need to sew it down in a taped crown braid with laces/ribbon. (As if I have time for that.) Any thoughts?
post #395 of 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocelyndale View Post
I think I can probably feel comfortable attempting a back carry in the Ergo soon. I just worry about my hair. I probably need to have someone show me how to use scarves to bind my hair up. I should ask in the babywearing forum. My hair is so fine and slippery that he can pull it out of a braid or bun (or braided bun) in no time. Maybe I need to braid a bun, pin it well, then use scarves to tie up tightly. Or maybe I need to sew it down in a taped crown braid with laces/ribbon. (As if I have time for that.) Any thoughts?
nak
you should be fine wth your hair in a bun since the Ergo sits really low, so your baby won't be able to reach up that high. Unless you're really short
post #396 of 441

I think I have PPD

Well, not sure if this move has triggered it, or what, but I am feeling really crappy. I just took the ppd test in the ppd forum here and scored 75. Sorry to dump on you mamas, but I had to tell someone. I'm not having any negative thoughts about the baby, but my toddler is making me crazy. Like I wanna jump out the window crazy. So dp is on his way home and I guess I better get to the doctor.
This sucks.
A
post #397 of 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post
Well, not sure if this move has triggered it, or what, but I am feeling really crappy. I just took the ppd test in the ppd forum here and scored 75. Sorry to dump on you mamas, but I had to tell someone. I'm not having any negative thoughts about the baby, but my toddler is making me crazy. Like I wanna jump out the window crazy. So dp is on his way home and I guess I better get to the doctor.
This sucks.
A

I score higher than that a few months back, so I know how you feel. And I have a crazy toddler that can be really challenging at times. The good news is since taking meds, I've gone back to being "normal" again. I can handle a lot more without my anxiety going through the roof. Hang in there mama, it'll be ok
post #398 of 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post
Well, not sure if this move has triggered it, or what, but I am feeling really crappy. I just took the ppd test in the ppd forum here and scored 75. Sorry to dump on you mamas, but I had to tell someone. I'm not having any negative thoughts about the baby, but my toddler is making me crazy. Like I wanna jump out the window crazy. So dp is on his way home and I guess I better get to the doctor.
This sucks.
A
I hope your doc offers some helpful advice/solutions. That's gotta be super rough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
nak
you should be fine wth your hair in a bun since the Ergo sits really low, so your baby won't be able to reach up that high. Unless you're really short
Yeah. I'm really short, especially in my back/torso. When I have him on front, his forehead is right in front of my chin.
post #399 of 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post

I score higher than that a few months back, so I know how you feel. And I have a crazy toddler that can be really challenging at times. The good news is since taking meds, I've gone back to being "normal" again. I can handle a lot more without my anxiety going through the roof. Hang in there mama, it'll be ok
I'm very nervous about taking meds...although, I will do anything to not feel like this.
I just want to get on a plane and go home.
post #400 of 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocelyndale View Post
I think I can probably feel comfortable attempting a back carry in the Ergo soon. I just worry about my hair. I probably need to have someone show me how to use scarves to bind my hair up. I should ask in the babywearing forum. My hair is so fine and slippery that he can pull it out of a braid or bun (or braided bun) in no time. Maybe I need to braid a bun, pin it well, then use scarves to tie up tightly. Or maybe I need to sew it down in a taped crown braid with laces/ribbon. (As if I have time for that.) Any thoughts?
I found this thing a few years ago, I think it is called a Hair Tube. I think I got it from a store online called lotus knits, but I can't find it. I found these on etsy, which are similar, but mine is natural and has a drawstring on one end that you can cinch to keep your hair in like a hat, or you can tie it loosly if you wan your hair to flow out the bottom.

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id...ion_id=5002822

HTH!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Life With a Baby
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Life With a Baby › It's September! Calling all April 2007 mama's!