or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Can I get some reassurance this isn't possible? UPDATE #100
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Can I get some reassurance this isn't possible? UPDATE #100 - Page 4

post #61 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisie125 View Post
I've gotten all five of my + at 9 or 10 DPO with a first responce.

Just sayin'
: Isn't it worth spending $10 for peace of mind???? You know you want to.....
post #62 of 164
I'm sorry I can't reassure you much

Getting checked is really important before having unprotected sex after a vasectomy. I refused to stop using protection until dh got checked out. My dh took in his sample and they gave him the results right away.
Even if you aren't pregnant this time you probably want to know. Your dh should be able to find out pretty fast.
post #63 of 164
Sheesh! How long does it take to run to a drugstore or dollar store anyway?!?!???
post #64 of 164
I have a pregnant client right now who just conceived her 3rd child after a vasectomy 5 years ago. (They wanted 2). I would take a test, just to be sure.
post #65 of 164
hmmm no update yet. I swear, I'm patient.
post #66 of 164
My husband had a friend at work who had 3 vasectomies and a child each of the first two (for a total of 5). He had just turned 30. His nickname was "Rabbit' and I was warned to stand far, far away from him because he could impregnate a woman by simply looking at her.

However, I've had several months lately where my period was late and I could swear I was pregnant (even though we were using protection). Turned out I wasn't, so it can go either way. Best to get tested, the both of you.
post #67 of 164
:
post #68 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoma View Post
My husband had a friend at work who had 3 vasectomies and a child each of the first two (for a total of 5).
Huh?
post #69 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingmommyhood View Post
Huh?

Yeah confused here too! Unless it were twins?
post #70 of 164
I don't think you could get a pos even if you were pregnant and POAS now, most people don't see a pos until about 11+ days after ovulation. Wait until about 14 DPO and POAS and see what happens. I hope you get the answer you want I have heard of a lot of pregnancies resulting from failed V's, sorry mama. Get your DH in to get tested!! Some people need 2 V's for it to be effective, there is a thread about this in the father section right now.
post #71 of 164
Did you test yet?

How 'bout now?
post #72 of 164
It's been a year, and it's probably reasonable to assume this wasn't your first time post-surgery DTD, and probably not the first time around ovulation, no? Given your prior history of fertility, if your DH's swimmers were still swimming, it seems like a year's worth of unhindered access to your eggs would have resulted in something noteworthy sooner, no? I guess you'll know soon enough one way or the other. It'll work out somehow, whatever the result.
post #73 of 164
If it were me, I wouldn't bother testing until AF was a couple of days late.

You're due on the 15th? I wouldn't test before the 17th, personally. But then, I probably wouldn't post about it on MDC that early either.
post #74 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikaLeigh View Post
Yeah confused here too! Unless it were twins?
I understood it as

He had 3 kids
Vasectomy
1 kid
Vasectomy
1 kid
Vacectomy that finally worked!

post #75 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by blissful_maia View Post
I understood it as

He had 3 kids
Vasectomy
1 kid
Vasectomy
1 kid
Vacectomy that finally worked!

How do you get that from this?

"My husband had a friend at work who had 3 vasectomies and a child each of the first two (for a total of 5)."
post #76 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingmommyhood View Post
How do you get that from this?

"My husband had a friend at work who had 3 vasectomies and a child each of the first two (for a total of 5)."
That is what I thought too. A total of 5 kids and one child for each of the first two vasectomies. Subtract and you get 3 kids before V1.
post #77 of 164
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNB View Post
It's been a year, and it's probably reasonable to assume this wasn't your first time post-surgery DTD, and probably not the first time around ovulation, no? Given your prior history of fertility, if your DH's swimmers were still swimming, it seems like a year's worth of unhindered access to your eggs would have resulted in something noteworthy sooner, no? I guess you'll know soon enough one way or the other. It'll work out somehow, whatever the result.
Well, we've actually been fairly... abstinent(for lack of a better word ). This is only my 4th month of AF since I'm breastfeeding & we've never had sex around the time of ovulation until now.

Ruthla, yeah I should've waited to wonder, I see the peer pressure now.

BTW, I decided to POAS no earlier than Saturday.
post #78 of 164
All of you "wait to POAS" ladies are so annoying.

:


post #79 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalaland42 View Post
That is what I thought too. A total of 5 kids and one child for each of the first two vasectomies. Subtract and you get 3 kids before V1.
I guess I'm the one who can't see it!!
post #80 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingmommyhood View Post
How do you get that from this?

"My husband had a friend at work who had 3 vasectomies and a child each of the first two (for a total of 5)."
It sounds like the word "after" was left out after "child."

So that would work out as Blissful_maia said:

They already had three children (we assume) then they had a child after each failed vas. Two failed vas makes two kids, then one successful vas, making three vasectomies.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Fertility
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Can I get some reassurance this isn't possible? UPDATE #100