Hey there! How's everyone doing?
It's been quiet for a few days. I've been reading, reading, reading
. Read K.K.'s Clear Your Clutter with Feng Shui again (read it many years ago). It is really hitting home with me now & has inspired me to get rid of a lot of paper clutter & back-logged bank statements I will never get around to reconciling. I got so excited the other day driving home when I decided I was going to do it. Borrowed my mum's shredder today & I'll get started tomorrow
I'll let you know how that goes. I have almost finished T. Collins' Feng Shui for Prosperity & I'm getting some great ideas from that as well.
Tracy, thanks again for all the ideas for the house. I did exchange those curtains, so I'll have green, floral design ones up in the family area soon. We do really need to work on the laundry (relationship) room...it is a disaster
At least dh doesn't think I've gone nuts with this. He actually agrees that we should do a lot of this stuff & it's mostly common sense (cleaning & decluttering), but isn't against trying some of the more obscure things, either. I'm really glad & quite surprised as he's not really the "woo-woo", touchy-feely-type
Anyway, as always I have a few specific questions:
1) There is a back door in the laundry room that we never (well, hardly ever) use with stuff in front of it. Should we keep it unblocked, even so? It also has a couple of holes patched in it where the dog ate 2 cat doors
. Definitely needs replacing, but then so many things do
2) The relationship corner of the laundry (relationship) room is where we put empty bottles & cans to be taken for refund. Not very auspicious in any room, but worse here, I'm thinking. Beer has been known to be a bone of contention around here on occasion
. Anyway, any suggestions of a better place to keep them or should we just try to keep them neat & take them in often?
3) Not sure how we could cover the bedroom closet door mirrors until we can afford new ones (see #1). Would it be better to just take them down & have nothing in the mean time? Actually, we could probably hang a couple of sheets once they're gone.
4) We have a fairly large picture of a coyote on a hill in the desert. It's not up right now since it's spot was taken by an entertainment unit & I'm not sure if there's a good place for it anywhere after reading that story in FS for Prosperity. Dh says he never really liked it anyway. Should we just sell it & have done with it? (I like it but don't really care either way)
5) I have come up with an affirmation that basically covers everything. Should I make several more specific ones for each area or if not, where would be the best place to put this?:
"My healthy, loving family is enjoying the abundance we are receiving"
6) There is a small, covered porch just outside the front door which sticks out on its own. Should I include this in the baguas or not?
Any thoughts, anyone?