or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Infertility › Oct ivf???
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Oct ivf??? - Page 2

post #21 of 174
This is my first ivf cycle, hopefully the only one I'll need this time around. I don't know about others, but as for me, I am doing both bc & shots together.. this is what my calendar looks like; bc started taking on D4, Lupron shots started D19 for 10 days straight, I stopped bc on D24. My baseline ultrasound & blood work is sched. for this Friday, 10/5, if all is ok, I start the Gonal F shots(these are the ones they keep an eye on) on 10/10, I'm sched. for 4 dif. ultrasounds and blood work after I start the Gonal F shots, they're ea. about every 3-4 days, if all looks good my hCG injection is next and then egg retrival week of 10/15-10/19... I belive the med they track is the stimulation injection, Gonal F. The Lupron is just so that you don't ovulate. **Good LUCK!!** How exciting, looks like we're on the same calendar, sched. for ER and transfer!! so, if all is good, we should hopefully have a possitive test before end of month!! ;P
post #22 of 174
Good luck ladies!! Sending you all tons and tons of !!!!!!
post #23 of 174
It does look like we're on the same schedule! How exciting!!! Good luck! I'll be rooting for you! This will be my first cycle, and hopefully we get a sticky baby. I'd be really disappointed if it didn't, not only because I want a baby so badly, but because we know we'll need ivf to concieve more kids and we only get three tries through ins. I know we're blessed to even get that many, but I'd be so sad if it took two tries for one baby, cuz then the possibility of us having three kids would be pretty much out the window. I would feel as though I'd lost a child. Silly, but that's how I'd feel. But enough of the downer stuff.

The scheduling nurse today said that I should be doing a cycle around the 19th. I'll already be on the lupron and at least one other injectable (follistim, I think?) starting the 10th (when we have the injection teach and get to look at the rest of the schedule for this cycle), so it makes sense that around the 19th or so (9 days of shots) is when I'll move to the triggershot/retrieval. It just seemed totally weird at first, cuz I've only heard of people doing them in different cycles. I'm still not sure where my baseline is in all of this, but at least now I see its not weird to get it after injectables. I'm not sure of what my schedule is beyond that. I think since my ins is taking care of my ivf cycle, my ivf nurse tends to not tell me much till I actually have to schedule the appointment! Sometimes its a bit annoying, but sometimes its a godsend.

So, I went to the ivf night that our re's office holds once a month (it gives info on art and we wanted to brush up since the cycle started), and as luck would have it, my re was giving part of the presentation (there's a number of docs in the office). So I spoke with her afterwards and she said I'm definitely doing everything this cycle! AWESOME! I'm excited, but also so nervous. We've been trying for quite a while, 17 months, not as long as some other people, but a long time nonetheless, and the fact that we're finally doing this is both exciting and scary to me. I want it more than anything, but part of me is screaming " what am I getting myself into", kwim? I guess it's just normal anxiety about being a good mom, but I'm feeling pretty guilty over it, simply because I feel after trying for so long I should have this good mom anxiety worked out already, kwim? Anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurTime View Post
This is my first ivf cycle, hopefully the only one I'll need this time around. I don't know about others, but as for me, I am doing both bc & shots together.. this is what my calendar looks like; bc started taking on D4, Lupron shots started D19 for 10 days straight, I stopped bc on D24. My baseline ultrasound & blood work is sched. for this Friday, 10/5, if all is ok, I start the Gonal F shots(these are the ones they keep an eye on) on 10/10, I'm sched. for 4 dif. ultrasounds and blood work after I start the Gonal F shots, they're ea. about every 3-4 days, if all looks good my hCG injection is next and then egg retrival week of 10/15-10/19... I belive the med they track is the stimulation injection, Gonal F. The Lupron is just so that you don't ovulate. **Good LUCK!!** How exciting, looks like we're on the same calendar, sched. for ER and transfer!! so, if all is good, we should hopefully have a possitive test before end of month!! ;P
post #24 of 174

Preg. & m/c mentioned

Quote:
This will be my first cycle, and hopefully we get a sticky baby. I'd be really disappointed if it didn't, not only because I want a baby so badly, but because we know we'll need ivf to concieve more kids and we only get three tries through ins. I know we're blessed to even get that many, but I'd be so sad if it took two tries for one baby, cuz then the possibility of us having three kids would be pretty much out the window

Please don't forget about the possiblity of freezing. We too would love to have at least three children and will need to do ART for all of them. We have been blessed with our first with our first cycle with 3 frozen embies. Our second cycle ended in m/c with 2 frozen. We are looking at a fresh or frozen at the beginning of Nov., leaning toward fresh as we would like at least 3 children and can use the frozen for the next child. We have done IVM and have we don't have insurance coverage.

I'll be cheering you all on from the sidelines!!
post #25 of 174
Thread Starter 
Hello everyone!
Sorry I've been mia. I've been having some anxiety with all of this and have been trying to limit my computer (constant ivf research) time.

I'm starting to stim tomorrow. I'm doing menopur. I go back on Monday for u/s and b/w. Then I'll go back either Thursday or Friday. Right now my tentaive er dates are 10-15 or 10-16.

Right now I'm dealing with big time cramps. I only did bcp's and stopped them on Sunday. I started spotting yesterday and have af today, although it is pretty light so far. I was really hoping for no more periods until sometime next year (or maybe even the next???) but oh well. But I've been eating like mad and craving sweets and chocolate. I'm really trying to stay away from it, but the last couple of days have been bad. Hopefully tomorrow will be better and my eating will improve.

I downloaded my Anji cd today. I'm going to listen and meditate every day in hopes that it will help calm my nerves some.

Best wishes to everyone for a successful cycle!
post #26 of 174

First Time IVF

I was wondering if I could join your group? I have searched the internet and cannot find too many threads with IVF for Oct. This is our first attempt at IVF and I'm just looking for some cycle buddies etc.

My husband and I have been ttc for over 4 years now. No apparent problems as far as the docs can tell. Everything on both of us is textbook, even the way I respond on meds. So, they believe it may be a fertilization issue, and IVF is our only hope. Like everyone we hope it works the first time. I'm taking 4 weeks off from work on concentrate on this. My baseline is Oct. 11th and I start drugs around the 12th. Retrieval will be around the 24th-26th. Then the dreaded 2ww. I also started acupuncture in Dec. and found that it really helps my cycles for stimulation. In fact it helped me so much that we had to cancel one cycle cause I did too well.

Well, thats all for now. Thanks for listening.

Liz
post #27 of 174
It's a very exciting time!! I was wrong about stopping the LP after 10 doses, it's been changed to be 5 units instead of the 10 I started with but I was told to stay on it until otherwised told. Talk about anxiety, last week I went in for baseline apt., did the sono & bloodwork in the am, then went back in the afternoon another blood draw and 1st shot of the Gonal (stimulant), I have my next ultra&blood work this Wed. in the am and I get my take home kit of the Gonal F (pen shots) first one was not bad, so I'm expecting these next 5-7 days to be ok. Next week sometime should be my ER, I'm guessing the 19th as well, but it all depends on how my body is reacting to the Gonal F.. If all goes well, I should have a definite answer by 10/31!! We've been trying to have kids for the past 6 years! It's been a very l-o-n-g road and we're just hoping that all goes well.. we are definitely doing the freezing, see for us, there is no insurance coverage, it's all out of pocket~~ we'll be happy just with one, would love more, but one would fill our hearts!
I can't believe it's here, I hope this weeks flies by.. trying to stay busy as much as possible with work and all, it helps a bit. I'm not eating-sleeping IVF anymore.. just living it and life as much as possible ;P Good Luck to you All!! Keep Hope Alive, Best wishes to you all!!!
post #28 of 174

Glad your back.. let me know how it goes, your up first!! GOOD VIBES YOUR WAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincynana View Post
Hello everyone!
Sorry I've been mia. I've been having some anxiety with all of this and have been trying to limit my computer (constant ivf research) time.

I'm starting to stim tomorrow. I'm doing menopur. I go back on Monday for u/s and b/w. Then I'll go back either Thursday or Friday. Right now my tentaive er dates are 10-15 or 10-16.

Right now I'm dealing with big time cramps. I only did bcp's and stopped them on Sunday. I started spotting yesterday and have af today, although it is pretty light so far. I was really hoping for no more periods until sometime next year (or maybe even the next???) but oh well. But I've been eating like mad and craving sweets and chocolate. I'm really trying to stay away from it, but the last couple of days have been bad. Hopefully tomorrow will be better and my eating will improve.

I downloaded my Anji cd today. I'm going to listen and meditate every day in hopes that it will help calm my nerves some.

Best wishes to everyone for a successful cycle!
post #29 of 174

Welcome!


Looks like we're also about 1 wk apart on our treatments.. how exciting!
My husband and I have been ttc for the past 6 years, we visited one specialist after yr#2 and they told us we were fine, we checked out ok. We opted to go back to regular life, didn't choose to proceed w/other treatments and before you know it, here we are 4 yrs later.. I guess you could say we were too patient. Since age has alot to do with overall well-being of mother and child, we decided not to wait and go for it.. It's been a good experience so far, lots to think about. It gave us our hope back and I think that was very important. We're now going ahead with all good thoughts and expectations, figure it's best to think possitive than to be negative at this stage in the game. He's trully been my rock and I hope to be his. Take Care!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuhn486 View Post
I was wondering if I could join your group? I have searched the internet and cannot find too many threads with IVF for Oct. This is our first attempt at IVF and I'm just looking for some cycle buddies etc.

My husband and I have been ttc for over 4 years now. No apparent problems as far as the docs can tell. Everything on both of us is textbook, even the way I respond on meds. So, they believe it may be a fertilization issue, and IVF is our only hope. Like everyone we hope it works the first time. I'm taking 4 weeks off from work on concentrate on this. My baseline is Oct. 11th and I start drugs around the 12th. Retrieval will be around the 24th-26th. Then the dreaded 2ww. I also started acupuncture in Dec. and found that it really helps my cycles for stimulation. In fact it helped me so much that we had to cancel one cycle cause I did too well.

Well, thats all for now. Thanks for listening.

Liz
post #30 of 174
I star my Gonal shots today in the PM, more shots!! Well I went to my apt today and they said all looks good, so far we're on sched. for next week ER. Wow, I can't believe it's here so soon! I'm so happy!! To just have the opportunity to have what everyother "able" body can do is just a great gift. I hope all goes good, after having gone through the emotional and physical part of this, I cannot imagine a happy ending~ Again, did I say my ER is next week!! Hubby is so excited, already thinking of how soon we would share the "good news".. he's the only one without kids in his family and I know that he's so looking fwd to sharing good news with his Mom. I have a better apprecitation for life, always cherished it but, just to know that there are ways that medicine can change it all~ it's very amazing! Cheering for you all!! Keep in touch!! May there be many "good" news to spread for us all!
post #31 of 174
I'm an IVF graduate and just wanted to wish you all much luck.
post #32 of 174
Thread Starter 
OurTime~ I know what you mean! I, too, can't picture a happy ending. I know it can happen, but I guess I'm feeling so guarded. Like I don't want to get my hopes up too high! What day is your er? Mine should be 10/15, so we might be close!

Where is everyone else in their cycle?

I started doing the granirex (sp?) shots today. It should stop me from ovulating. That's always my biggest fear! Doing 2 shots wasn't fun. But it's almost over...the light at the end of the tunnel

Take care everyone!
post #33 of 174
Hey guys! Checking in. Hope everyone's well. Wondering how other's cycles are going.

So I had my injection teach today, and after much to-do, started my lupron shots. My meds were supposed to be mailed to me, but the company couldn't read my nurse's writing, called the wrong number, and didn't bother to call her back to get the right one! *argh!* so 90% of my meds have not arrived. They say they will (for sure this time!) arrive tomorrow. They called my lupron script into a local pharm that keeps fertility meds in stock, so I didn't have to wait to start that, luckily. The injection teach went well, dh was very studious. Thank god too because I've been at my wits ends with him a few times through all this. Its like, I'm the one doing all the stuff, getting sick and having the luminaria get stuck (not pleasant!) And taking all the pills and the few things I ask him to do, he seems to grumble or screw it up! Argh! But we had a long discussion and I think he's going to try to do better, if the injection teaching was any indication then he is. I think it partially has something to do with the fact that I don't complain to him a lot about how stressful this all is, and how crappy I feel physically sometimes. So he thinks I can do it all, and just like most men, is more than happy to stand back and let me do so! Ugh. But on to other things. So this weekend I had my hysteroscopy under anesthesia and had a luminaria put in. Went fine, not too much cramping. Next day, I go to have them get the luminaria out... And its breaking into pieces and won't come out! And the doc was REALLY trying to get it! OUCH! I was in so much pain sat and sunday! Even lortab didn't help!!! Luckily sunday it came out on its own, otherwise I would have had to have anesthesia again! Lots of little mishaps over the past week or so, but luckily they all seem to work themselves out.

So I got my schedule for the rest of my ivf cycle, and its a tad later than I thought it was going to be... I started lupron today. I contine bcp until the 15th. I've got my baseline and bloodwork on the 19th. I start gonal f and menopur on the 20th. Ultrasound and bloodwork on the 25th, with ER being between the 30th of october and the 2nd of november. So its a little over a week later than I thought, but that's fine. I'm just so happy to be actually DOING it now, instead of waiting around like I had to do all of sept. The waiting was so depressing: I couldn't even come on mdc cuz I woulda been so sad and frustrated, kwim? But anyways,I'm glad to be "on track" now. So, lupron started today, and I've gotta say, the lupron shots were not bad at all for me. I had heard that they can be quite bad. Then again I have quite a few piercings, so those needles are small to me! Dh gave me the lupron and I didn't even bleed! maybe its tough when you've been doing them for a few days and have to hit the same sites again. Dh did mine on the back of my arm. Where do/did you guys get yours done? I did get kinda nauseas though a little while after the shot. That happen to anyone else? I'm so excited for all of us!!!!! Looking forward to seeing how others are doing in their cycles and wishing everyone good luck!!!
post #34 of 174
I hear ya!! I had another bw/u today, we're looking good I'm right behing you, my ER date is 10/17 or 10/18.. should be able to confirm which of the two by next weeks final apt 10/15.. HOW EXCITING!! Su much hope, hanging by a string.. GOOD VIBES..GOOD VIBES!! You know what's funny, I was always dreaming that I was pregnant, and all of this year nothing. Maybe now that I'm doing something about it, my mind is no longer dreaming about it? Anyone else? I've become used to the shots, don't like 'em but no longer scared/worried about them either, they're a part of my daily routine along with the vitamins and all. WOW, 10/15 for you, SUPER GOOD VIBES TO YOU!!! Pls keep us updated, I'm sure you'll be busy, but if you wouldn't mind giving me the scoop~ what to expect type of thing.. THANKS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincynana View Post
OurTime~ I know what you mean! I, too, can't picture a happy ending. I know it can happen, but I guess I'm feeling so guarded. Like I don't want to get my hopes up too high! What day is your er? Mine should be 10/15, so we might be close!

Where is everyone else in their cycle?

I started doing the granirex (sp?) shots today. It should stop me from ovulating. That's always my biggest fear! Doing 2 shots wasn't fun. But it's almost over...the light at the end of the tunnel

Take care everyone!
post #35 of 174
Glad that things are looking up for you.. LP shots I have to do on my thighs, there's no way I would let hubby do, he doesn't have steady hands and I would definitely freak! I've been self administering, not bad at all. I did get bones aching after the first 24hrs., I guess body had to get used to this new med in system. Everything hurt, felt like I was getting a bad flu, luckily it passed within a few days. All looks good.. looks like we're all back-to-back!! How exciting!! Keep thinking it~~ GOOD VIBES TO US ALL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilish_fetish View Post
Hey guys! Checking in. Hope everyone's well. Wondering how other's cycles are going.

So I had my injection teach today, and after much to-do, started my lupron shots. My meds were supposed to be mailed to me, but the company couldn't read my nurse's writing, called the wrong number, and didn't bother to call her back to get the right one! *argh!* so 90% of my meds have not arrived. They say they will (for sure this time!) arrive tomorrow. They called my lupron script into a local pharm that keeps fertility meds in stock, so I didn't have to wait to start that, luckily. The injection teach went well, dh was very studious. Thank god too because I've been at my wits ends with him a few times through all this. Its like, I'm the one doing all the stuff, getting sick and having the luminaria get stuck (not pleasant!) And taking all the pills and the few things I ask him to do, he seems to grumble or screw it up! Argh! But we had a long discussion and I think he's going to try to do better, if the injection teaching was any indication then he is. I think it partially has something to do with the fact that I don't complain to him a lot about how stressful this all is, and how crappy I feel physically sometimes. So he thinks I can do it all, and just like most men, is more than happy to stand back and let me do so! Ugh. But on to other things. So this weekend I had my hysteroscopy under anesthesia and had a luminaria put in. Went fine, not too much cramping. Next day, I go to have them get the luminaria out... And its breaking into pieces and won't come out! And the doc was REALLY trying to get it! OUCH! I was in so much pain sat and sunday! Even lortab didn't help!!! Luckily sunday it came out on its own, otherwise I would have had to have anesthesia again! Lots of little mishaps over the past week or so, but luckily they all seem to work themselves out.

So I got my schedule for the rest of my ivf cycle, and its a tad later than I thought it was going to be... I started lupron today. I contine bcp until the 15th. I've got my baseline and bloodwork on the 19th. I start gonal f and menopur on the 20th. Ultrasound and bloodwork on the 25th, with ER being between the 30th of october and the 2nd of november. So its a little over a week later than I thought, but that's fine. I'm just so happy to be actually DOING it now, instead of waiting around like I had to do all of sept. The waiting was so depressing: I couldn't even come on mdc cuz I woulda been so sad and frustrated, kwim? But anyways,I'm glad to be "on track" now. So, lupron started today, and I've gotta say, the lupron shots were not bad at all for me. I had heard that they can be quite bad. Then again I have quite a few piercings, so those needles are small to me! Dh gave me the lupron and I didn't even bleed! maybe its tough when you've been doing them for a few days and have to hit the same sites again. Dh did mine on the back of my arm. Where do/did you guys get yours done? I did get kinda nauseas though a little while after the shot. That happen to anyone else? I'm so excited for all of us!!!!! Looking forward to seeing how others are doing in their cycles and wishing everyone good luck!!!
post #36 of 174
Thanks, any advise you could give us to help with the nerves, excitement..? Things to consider before ER or After?? Twins eh? How was that, pregnancy and life after? Sorry, just very curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumm View Post
I'm an IVF graduate and just wanted to wish you all much luck.
post #37 of 174
kuhn486 -
How's it going? What's your cycle looking like? Just checking in.. hope all is well.
post #38 of 174
WOOHOO! I think I'm more excited for everybody else's 2ww than I am my own--I don't have any real hope of conceiving this cycle. Can't wait 'til Halloween!!! Good fertilization and sticky vibes to everyone!!
post #39 of 174
Thread Starter 
ourtime~ I'll be sure to check in and let you know how it goes. I keep forgetting that it's tomorrow and then all of the sudden I'll remember that today is Sunday. Not looking forward to getting up so early, but I'm glad that it will be over with pretty early and then I can relax for the rest of the day!
post #40 of 174
Hello everyone.
Well I went what I thought was my last bw/u, everything looked ok but I got a call about and hr. ago, she told me that my estrogen level is high and that the concern right now is that I'll over-stimulate ;( so, she lowered tonights Gonal dose from 150 to 75. I have another U sched. for tomorrow in the AM, I hope all goes well.. If all goes well, I am on track for ER this week 10/18. ~~ I'll check in tomorrow, wish me Luck! --- GOOD VIBES TO YOU ALL!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Infertility
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Infertility › Oct ivf???