|I have read that other countries aren't this psycho about everything.|
The German candles now carry the warning labels too. : America exports EVERYTHING (even stupidity). Here's a great list of other stupid warning labels. Last week I noticed that my cream cheese has an ingredients list that says (in German, of course):
"Ingredients: milk, cultures. May contain milk. Caution: may contain trace elements of milk. May cause an allergic reaction in people with a milk allergy." :
I agree that there should be more common sense and less sensation. And people should stop watching the evening news (that'll completely warp your sensibilities) every night. They feed off sensation, it's almost like a tabloid.
But I won't knock America too much. You're still more free there than anywhere else in the world. We're moving back to take advantage of that (homeschool my kids and build a house). Here are some freedoms that American's enjoy:
- Freedom from want (I know y'all are going to say that there are poor Americans, too. But you don't know poverty until you've been to a third world country. Read this and believe it!)
- Freedom from illness (Some people don't have coverage, I know. And we should definitely change that. But America still has the best health system in the world. You don't hear about Saudis flying to England to get treated, do you? And do you know how many Germans die in their hospitals every year just because they're dirty? They look clean on first sight but the doctor's usually don't bother wearing gloves when inspecting a patient and they rarely wash their hands. On the other hand, my Italian colleagues are amazed at what nice hospitals we have here. :Puke)
- Freedom of education (Need I mention homeschooling? It's a felony here!)
- Freedom of religion (We're Catholic but we went to a Pentecostal church near hear a few times. A really nice group. They are considered a "religious cult" here and are monitored by the government.)
- Freedom from taxation (The tax levels in the States are fantastic! We lose about 80% of our income through taxation. They call it "steuer" (steering) here because they use it to control you. The best part is that they take away all of your money, waste it in the bereaucracy and then give a part back as a "gift".
All I've got to say is: God bless America and Where is my plane ticket?!! I am soooo there...