Originally Posted by Jillie
Just curious, what if someone had nuts before coming to the park, how would you know? I'm just wondering how you can ever play somewhere, not knowing what might be there. Do you wipe things off? I just am trying to picture how someone with such an allergy functions daily when it is that serious. TIA
My son's peanut allergy has increased so we can no longer go to friend's houses that I know have generous usage of peanut butter as it's impossible for them to clean up all peanut residue from all surfaces - esp if the family allows meals to be eaten in locations other than the kitchen/dining room.
We don't go to public parks anymroe - mostly becuase *I* have a latex allergy and when I wear shorts and sit/kneel on those new rubber 'floors' I react with hives so it's not fun for me.
Our allergist told me originally he was optimistic my son would/might outgrow his peanut allergy if we had complete avoidance. According to his last testing - his results are higher than last time, so that possibility is now off the table.
Our hope and desire is to avoid all contact with peanut and related products until our child is older (he's 3 now) and can protect himself with what he can/can't eat - right now, that's not possible as he's very trusting of everyone. So yeah, we are kind of secluded if his friends can't meet him at our house or the library . . .. sigh. . . .