or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Trying To Conceive › Any Vegans TTC?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Any Vegans TTC? - Page 5

post #81 of 1054
Thread Starter 
Bump - Still TTC :
post #82 of 1054
I think I saw in another thread that mysticlotus got a + test! Hooray for her!
post #83 of 1054
do you know any vegan ttc/pregnancy books/stories? obviously I know about you but I'd just like something to read to pass the time... kinda like real-life experiences. I wonder if there's a market for that even :
post #84 of 1054
I have been stalking this thread since is signed up, just want to say thanks for all of the helpful info and links. I am an almost-vegan TTC#1. This is all very new and the more info the better, right? Did anyone else think that this was all going to be a lot simpler before they started TTC? :
post #85 of 1054
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by veganf View Post
I think I saw in another thread that mysticlotus got a + test! Hooray for her!
Yes, I saw that too - YAY for her!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceane View Post
do you know any vegan ttc/pregnancy books/stories? obviously I know about you but I'd just like something to read to pass the time... kinda like real-life experiences. I wonder if there's a market for that even :
This one's older (and I think you have to order it used, it may be out of print), but I've heard good things:

http://www.vegfamily.com/book-review...lvegandiet.htm
post #86 of 1054
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Veg-123 View Post
I have been stalking this thread since is signed up, just want to say thanks for all of the helpful info and links. I am an almost-vegan TTC#1. This is all very new and the more info the better, right? Did anyone else think that this was all going to be a lot simpler before they started TTC? :
Welcome to MDC!!!

For us it's as simple as just thinking about the word pregnant, then bam, oops! Just reading these TTC threads feels like I'm rolling the dice!
Except for the morning sickness, the whole journey to parenthood has seemed like a piece of cake to me. But I know that's the exception to the rule.
I never worried about my diet though, never doubted that I'd grow healthy babies, I knew I could give birth easily if my mother and sisters had all done it and millions of women before me.
Now the trick for me is figuring out how to add a girl to our family!

- Krista
post #87 of 1054
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Veg-123 View Post
I have been stalking this thread since is signed up, just want to say thanks for all of the helpful info and links. I am an almost-vegan TTC#1. This is all very new and the more info the better, right? Did anyone else think that this was all going to be a lot simpler before they started TTC? :
I did, at least about the ttc part.


amylaz, I have read that book. it's free witn the German Vegan Society, though it's in German there. (I'm German), so maybe not helpful for others.... thanks.
post #88 of 1054
Maybe we could all write a short story about our vegan pregnancies and compile it into a book!
post #89 of 1054
excellent thought! : there really isn't much out there.
post #90 of 1054
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by veganf View Post
Maybe we could all write a short story about our vegan pregnancies and compile it into a book!
Great Idea!
post #91 of 1054
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyLaz View Post
Great Idea!
Cute. However, I have yet to actually HAVE a vegan pregnancy as I am still TTC and I was an omni with my other 2. So I'll have to get PG first.

Unlike a previous poster, apparently I have to do more than just think about it . Especially now that I am of *ahem* "advanced maternal age".

Have a fertile day everyone (well, those of you who are TTC!)
post #92 of 1054
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by veganmama719 View Post
Cute. However, I have yet to actually HAVE a vegan pregnancy as I am still TTC and I was an omni with my other 2. So I'll have to get PG first.
Same Here :
post #93 of 1054
Quote:
Originally Posted by veganmama719 View Post
Cute. However, I have yet to actually HAVE a vegan pregnancy as I am still TTC
:
We've been thinking about pregnancy for a few months around our house, too, but nothing's happened yet. What are we doing wrong?
post #94 of 1054
I love you vegans, you're all so funny!

CD 11, just waiting to O, hoping we catch one of my few not-too-decrepit eggies.

Think Geri think!
post #95 of 1054
Quote:
Originally Posted by veganmama719 View Post
CD 11, just waiting to O, hoping we catch one of my few not-too-decrepit eggies.
Oh don't worry. Even my midwife didn't have any trouble at that age...she brought her 1 year old to my last birth...and her 20 year old assisted!

I hate hate hate that advanced maternal age crap. Way to ruin a mother's confidence!
post #96 of 1054
Are anyone else's temps wacky this month? Mine are very high for pre-o, in fact, it almost looks like I o'd 2 days ago (CD 10). I've never O'd that early before.
I read somewhere that the moon's orbit is closer to the earth than usual this month and some women have been reporting wacky temps.
Any thoughts?
post #97 of 1054
I have O'd that early some months....which explains how I got pregnant after having only dtd on days 7 and 8!
post #98 of 1054
Thread Starter 
I don't know about wacky temps, but I'm having a very wacky AF - if it's even AF. I tested 9, 10, and 11 days past when I *think* I O'd - early, I know, but I couldn't help it - and got BFNs. Then, on 11dpo, I started spotting and figured AF was here early (cycle day 25 - I usually have a 28 day cycle). I'm still having the spotting - it got heavier, and now is tapering back off. Most of it is dark dark brown, with the occasional light pink, but not much. My bb's are very sore. I don't temp, so I don't have that to rely on. I could have O'd later than I thought. We bd'd a lot this month. If it's not AF, this would be cd 29 - trying to decide if I should run out and buy a test. Is it possible I'm preg, or is it just wishful thinking???
post #99 of 1054
Oh Amy, go get a test!!!!
post #100 of 1054
Thread Starter 
Hmm... Should I get another 3-pack of FRERs, or is the Dollar Store Test just as good?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Trying To Conceive
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Trying To Conceive › Any Vegans TTC?